Samoa Joe Talks Kidnapping Angle

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
“I sat at home for 3 months on a bitching ass vacation. I had one of the best vacations in the history of vacations”…

- Samoa Joe was recently on Konnan's podcast on MLW Radio, and spoke about working with Vince Russo and the infamous kidnapping angle. Here is what he had to say…

"You want me to break the silence on that? I don't like getting in verbal spats with people who I don't think are worth my time or my effort and a dude in particular is Vince Russo. This cat, I don't have a problem with Vince Russo. When he left I just told him, it is what it is. He always had 22 million reasons for making the decisions that he made. But when Hogan and Bischoff came in they said, ‘Oh we have this great idea. We are going to do this thing and take you off of TV and re-brand you. Do all this other stuff. We do this kidnapping thing and you come back as a psychopath.' I was cool with it.

I sat at home for 3 months on a bitching ass vacation. I had one of the best vacations in the history of vacations. Paid vacation. Getting ready so I call them back week after week, ‘What do you guys need me to do'. They would say ‘We are still coming up with something'. Vince Russo with his infinite ridiculousness just said, we are short on babyfaces. So I get a call saying, ‘Joe we need to bring you back to TV.'

So I asked him, how is it that you are going to bring me back. He said, I don't know how just yet but we need to bring you in. So the dude couldn't write his way out of a kidnapping. The only reason why I bring this up is because he has the audacity to blame all of his silliness on other people. And by the way wrestlers, pro wrestlers all over the world and people in the business, stop whoring yourself out to shoot interviews. This man couldn't write his way out of a kidnapping. That's how much respect he had for the product, how much respect he had for the fans and that is indicative of his style of what he did. He was the head writer at the time and this is the way he felt that was admissible. Now I know this little bitch is going to go back on a shoot and talk all of this shit."

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/309838#Jt1GFtKtv47hYBor.99

8D

That's how I figured it went down as he came back with no explanation classic Russo

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Glad, I finally got to hear what happened to Joe behind the scenes during that angle. Too bad this doesn't explain the rest of his career mishandlings by TNA.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Joe was way too PC during that interview which made it boring, I like MLW radio because they are not afraid to say what they think, I don't usually agree with the majority of it, but I like unfiltered talk.

He also didn't mention anything about who thought it was a good idea to put a dick on his face. And he picked such an easy target to bury, I think he would've made more headlines if he said something about Dixie.

But in that same interview he said he doesn't talk directly to management, or never dealt with Hogan or Bischoff, which tells me alot about his position on the pecking order and it doewsn't seem to be that high if he is just dealing with agents.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
At least he got a 3 month paid vacation out of the angle.