Rumored WM 29 match plans scrapped?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Source: F4WOnline

WWE are reportedly having a troubled time in finding an opponent for CM Punk at Wrestlemania 29.

Whilst CM Punk and Austin have Twitter bouts and it's public knowledge that a match is in the works, new reports say it probably won't happen.

As ever, WWE change plans daily and things change, the latest word from the WWE camp is "more likely a no than a yes".

Your opinions on this? Who would you like to see against Punk? I wouldn't be against Punk vs Rock, mostly because that would produce so fucking epic promos.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
If WWE doesn't go all-out on the current Bryan/Punk feud, I wouldn't be against saving their ultimate show-down for Wrestlemania.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Eh...I don't want to see Rock and Punk. It just doesn't have the same feel as Cena and Rock did. If it's not Punk and Austin, then I don't wanna see Punk face a legend. It all depends on if he's still champion then for me. I wouldn't be totally against Punk and Cena main eventing WrestleMania for the title. Maybe Punk could even go over and finally be solidified as Cena's other.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
If he doesn't fight Austin, honestly who is a dream match? It would have to be fresh and Bryan wouldn't be the right pick. If he were to fight Bryan in a singles match again, I would like to see heel Punk vs face Bryan so maybe WM 30 or 31 (really thinking far). In terms of big Mania matches, its really tough. i would love to see Joe but he's not even with the company so can't pick him. Nobody really strikes me on the roster unless they seriously push Dean Ambrose when he makes the debut. It can work also because we saw Del Rio vs Edge at WM and Del Rio started around in September. All they have to do is get behind a guy so Ambrose could do it. Edge was a champion at the time and I'm not saying Punk will have champion but all it takes good booking to make Ambrose a mega star.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I honestly don't see why you are against Rock vs Punk Tapout. I think it could be a great feud, and unlike Cena, I think Rock would put Punk over because Punk would benefit from it whereas Cena wouldn't of. They could play on the fact that Rock is is still the Superstar taking all the limelight, even though he barely ever wrestles, whereas Punk works his ass off and is still not on the level of Rock.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think they could make it work too, the promos would be golden, and it would be just as good as Cena vs Rock match-wise. Plus it could be for the title, Rock said he wanted the title in his last promo.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I don't know, I'm just not feeling Rock and Punk. Sure then can make a connect between them like you said, but the connection made itself for Rock and Cena. Both were compared to each other very frequently, and both had very similar career paths, with being the Hollywood star and such. I just don't feel Punk and Rock would have much in common, and I feel as if the feud would be pushed down our throats too much. Punk and Austin would be a much better suited match in my opinion.

I'm not opposed to Cena and Punk as I feel it will be a full circle kinda deal, with Punk being apart of Cena's WrestleMania 22 (?) entrance.

And if he's in good health, there's always Undertaker to fall back on, but I think Cena/Undertaker would make the better match.

And as Big Red Jericho Punk said, they could always make a new star, like Ambrose, for him to fight.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Since Austin is still pretty much a cripple, I'm still strongly against him competing again. Anybody that wouldn't want Bryan/Punk(the two best wrestlers going right now in WWE) to headline the biggest show is insane and probably not much of a real wrestling fan. Yeah, so as a wrestling fan, I'd want the best possible match. I don't care if they wrestle on all the PPVs up until Mania either. It would still be straight up quality.

I wouldn't mind Rock/Punk but only because of the fact that The Rock can still move.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Punk/Austin would be better in terms of the feud and promos whereas Punk/Rock would be better in the ring. I think WWE need to build up some of the current roster so they are ready to face Punk. If Cena gets him at Summerslam then I don't won't to see them again at Mania.

Just another thought on Mania 29 how about Del Rio as Taker's opperant?

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
Austin isn't a cripple. He's said it himself he's in great shape and feels fantastic and, if he wanted to, could go full-time for about 2 years but chooses not to in fear of tainting his legacy. Punk/Austin is a dream match that I feel could break box-office records and the records Cena/Rock set and would be a much better match. People tend to forget just how technical Steve was early on in his career and Punk could bring that out of him.

#HEELRaghe

Reaction score
Wrestlemania 29: The Rock vs John Cena, Brock vs Undertaker, Triple H vs Shawn Michaels, CM Punk vs Stone Cold
Wreslemania 30: John Cena vs HHH, The Rock vs Undertaker, CM Punk vs Dean Ambrose
Wrestlemania 31: HHH vs The Rock, John Cena vs The Undertaker, CM Punk vs Randy Orton

That's my 3 wrestlemania top matches. It's unlikely but I think these would make epic matches.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree with you about what a great techical wrestler Austin once was and just how special this feud could be, but I think Austin has been kidding people about his fitness. He may well have got himself ready for one match, but at his age and with his history I don't believe that he is suddernly in fantastic condation and could have come out of retirement. Punk would need to carry him for the most part and it should be a one off match for Austin.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Wrestlemania 29: The Rock vs John Cena, Brock vs Undertaker, Triple H vs Shawn Michaels, CM Punk vs Stone Cold
Wreslemania 30: John Cena vs HHH, The Rock vs Undertaker, CM Punk vs Dean Ambrose
Wrestlemania 31: HHH vs The Rock, John Cena vs The Undertaker, CM Punk vs Randy Orton
That's my 3 wrestlemania top matches. It's unlikely but I think these would make epic matches.

But there is no thinking about the future there. I don't want to see HHH at the next three Mania's after next year that should be him done. HBK is not going to come out of retirement and I would lose respect for him if he did. It is quite possible that Taker will hang up his boots in the next two years also. Cena is all ready over exposed and is not going to get any bigger than he is now. The likes of ABR, Bryan, Rhodes, Ziggler, Barrett, Punk need to be the stars of tomorrow. They need to be the guys filling those future main event slots.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
The thing is... Punk/Austin would be good. Yeah Austin is pretty broken down but... but he has stated that he would be good for at least one match. I highly doubt he could go 2 years even part time. But one more match? I could see him being able to do that. But the problem with that... they toned Punk down. Punk would need to regain his edge in order to really help fuel the feud cause when he was white hot... the feud just looked extremely good but now that he is... whatever he is now it just doesn't have the appeal that it once had. And because of that... it just ... it would still sell but wouldn't be as big as it could be.

As far as this Dean Ambrose guy... no. Just no. No. I mean we are in July... the chances of being able to build him up that quick before Mania... no. That would just be awful. But as far as an Undertaker opponent... not Cena. Cena could easily be placed against Sheamus? I mean it'd be a good big man fight plus it could really etch Sheamus as a future guy. Bryan would need a big match... Ziggler? Those two could tear the house down in a very nice match.

So Punk(if he gets his edge) vs. Austin
Taker vs... tbd
Cena vs. Sheamus
Bryan vs. Ziggler

That's just for starters. Plus you still have Brock available, you have The Rock available.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That card could work. I think Brock would be the ideal candiate to face Undertake. Maybe have Ambrose on the undercard competeing for a title depending on how his career devlops this year.