Rules

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Just throwing this out there, but does anyone want to revisit the rules?

The ones we have seem more like guidelines and look like they'd be hard to refer back when we need to use them it's basically a letter saying please don't do this.

I'd rather see a list of things not to do

1. No attacking Anothers Character

2. No calling yo momma

3. Etc

And so forth. Just a thought.

Opinions?

The_King

Reaction score
The current rules are horrible, so I definitely agree that we need a list of yays/nays and not some random rant from Phoenix that is somewhat unclear.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Everyone should make a list of 10-15 rules once done we'll post them in here and pick which ones we need the most. or agree on

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I came up with 10

1. Keep it as realistic as possible. Ex. If you murder(rape, moleste, commit a crime) someone and talk about on stage or to someone else in a scene in the fed that person would most likely call the cops if this were real life so the same would happen in the fed world. The world is based on real life.

2. No attacking other wrestlers or using other RPers guys in your own RP. If we all did this we’d be getting our asses beat by everyone else in every single RP and we’d all look weaker for it. If you receive permission or if it’s a dream sequence it’s ok.

3. In OOC discussions keep it cordial. Flaming isn’t allowed on the forum and that include our eFed the same rules apply here as the rest of the forum.

4. Harsh language. Imagine the fed world as TV-14 harsh language is ok but try and keep it at a minimum. In the arena we are TV-14 so it it can’t be said on tv don’t say it in the ring. Outside of the ring is acceptable but if every other word is fuck it’ll look like shit no matter what your character is. Racial and Sexist slurs should very very seldom be used if at all, again this goes to the forum rules.

5. No magic. This isn’t Harry Potter its an eFed if you have magical abilities why would you ever lose a match? If you couldn’t explain how it would be done off camera don’t do it.

6. Try and refrain from mentioning real wrestlers by full names. Rarely do we see John Cena talking about AJ Styles and likewise. A sly reference here and there or just saying “Over in Conneticut” or “Down in Orlando” or “Thanks Steve” That’s fine but “John Cena called me up” is a bit much. WWE and TNA rarely do it so we should likewise it just pulls people out of the story.

7. If you need to take time off PM a member or carbon copy all members of staff. If you are a champion taking time off you will most likely lose the title so that we aren’t waiting on you to setup title matches.

8. Results are based on a tribunal. The staff votes on who wins every match any issues with results should be PM’d to a member of staff or carbon copied to all of staff.

9. Suggestions ARE welcome you can do so via PM or the discussion thread IF staff turns it down do not continue in the thread but PM a member of staff or carbon copy all of staff your points. Arguing points in threads gets messy causes clutter and tends to look bad if it goes on too long.

10. Ten is just better then nine. If you lose don’t take it too hard dust yourself off and try again. Remember it’s about fun.

The_King

Reaction score
I'll post my version tomorrow. I've been working on a full list since Pete and Beedz asked me to join staff, so I'll finish that up and post it here.
Edit: Was pretty busy today, so I didn't have a chance to finish mine up. They'll be done tomorrow. Sorry guys!

Last edited:

The_King

Reaction score
Just thought this needed to be posted, but we need to get on the same page in terms of rules ASAP. We have three different people spouting three different things about caps, same with language/content and scoring. I think we should avoid making statements until we iron out exact specifications that we agree on in this thread, not on the main board. Right now, we look like unorganized idiots unfortunately, and that's definitely heading in the wrong direction. Can we agree to this?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Just thought this needed to be posted, but we need to get on the same page in terms of rules ASAP. We have three different people spouting three different things about caps, same with language/content and scoring. I think we should avoid making statements until we iron out exact specifications that we agree on in this thread, not on the main board. Right now, we look like unorganized idiots unfortunately, and that's definitely heading in the wrong direction. Can we agree to this?

Pete BDC and I were on messenger the other day and when I left I said I'd post something addressing caps that was the topic of discussion. Nobody said not to and everyone genuinly agreed if you see the Caps discussion I state DISCUSSION not that it is a rule but that is how we were thinking of doing it.

To language I gave my opinion on the topic my opinion won't change if the four of us agree on something other then what I stated.

I also said I'd throw something up about grading. If you see the grading it's very vague I don't really say shit about anything all I say is that the 4 of us vote on every match which again we'd already agreed to.

So as I see it seeing as at least 3 out of 4 agreed to both topics at one point in time and I said I'd be posting about such we have no issue with those threads.

The issue is one member, the same fucking member as always Rated R has gotten himself in a fucking hissy fit about the comment that a storyline loss or two maybe necessary(which is always true). He's used one comment to hi jack several threads it's getting old.

The_King

Reaction score
I'm all for discussion, but it seemed like we (Pete, you, and I) were giving answers in the caps thread (that's the thread I was talking about, and my apologies for not mentioning it specifically). Unfortunately, they were all extremely different answers, so it does make us look horrible. I think those threads should stay open, so the members can give us ideas. However, in the caps thread, all three of our posts came off as this is the 'official ruling', and they were all somewhat different. It got away from 'do you like this idea' and strayed towards 'here's how it is' and our official rules didn't match.

So, why not just wait a week, develop an agreed upon set of rules, and then we all stand by them? I wasn't taking a shot just at you, sorry if you took it that way. I was definitely equally guilty of the above, but can we just hold off on chiming in for a few days until we get rules written up?

On the RRS subject, let him complain. Give him an answer once, and if he doesn't like it, then tough. He's obviously frustrating, so let's not waste our focus on him. If it continues to escalate, we can always explore suspending him from the efed, but I don't think it'll come to that hopefully.

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
OK well then to caps I think Pete gets what I'm saying his whole book analogy really works. It is similar to what Andy said also it's how you would grade rps if no cap system were in place. But we have the cap there to keep it from getting out of hand. We need to get these rules out quick that way we don't have to deal with this shit we can just get back to RPing and writing. wish py was just a good rper and didn't have to cuss and racial "slang"

The_King

Reaction score
Let's plan to have them out within seven days?
Until then, we just tell people we're working on them and apologize for the wait. I think the complaining has stopped for now though (hopefully haha).

Pete

Reaction score
It always does. For a couple of days. Then something new sets them off again :p

BDC

Reaction score
Prime, I'm on the same page, I'm just taking longer to process it. Don't explain it again, I'm just conforming and it's a bit difficult, but I can do it. I have kept from saying much and probably shouldn't have said anything at all.

Caps: Set whatever you want. It wont matter. If it's all about quality, then it wont matter. Just make sure and set limits. I'm with ya there. But, sooner or later, the divas will come around and complain about their 1 rp piece of gold no matter what we say. As long as we do the vote thing, it's fine. Cause if we get a united front, they can go screw themselves, we made our decision. I'm not going to explain myself to that two year old.

I say we post our decisions in the results thread in creative.

1. Keep it as realistic as possible. Ex. If you murder(rape, moleste, commit a crime) someone and talk about on stage or to someone else in a scene in the fed that person would most likely call the cops if this were real life so the same would happen in the fed world. The world is based on real life. You could probably put the part about no magic here too and include anything about no unrealistic character traits AKA vampires, etc.

2. No attacking other wrestlers or using other RPers guys in your own RP. If we all did this we’d be getting our asses beat by everyone else in every single RP and we’d all look weaker for it. If you receive permission or if it’s a dream sequence it’s ok. COOL

3. In OOC discussions keep it cordial. Flaming isn’t allowed on the forum and that include our eFed the same rules apply here as the rest of the forum. COOL

4. Harsh language. Imagine the fed world as TV-14 harsh language is ok but try and keep it at a minimum. In the arena we are TV-14 so it it can’t be said on tv don’t say it in the ring. Outside of the ring is acceptable but if every other word is fuck it’ll look like shit no matter what your character is. Racial and Sexist slurs should very very seldom be used if at all, again this goes to the forum rules. COOL; especially stating that it is in accordance with Site rules

5. No magic. This isn’t Harry Potter its an eFed if you have magical abilities why would you ever lose a match? If you couldn’t explain how it would be done off camera don’t do it. Add to #1

6. Try and refrain from mentioning real wrestlers by full names. Rarely do we see John Cena talking about AJ Styles and likewise. A sly reference here and there or just saying “Over in Conneticut†or “Down in Orlando†or “Thanks Steve†That’s fine but “John Cena called me up†is a bit much. WWE and TNA rarely do it so we should likewise it just pulls people out of the story. COOL

7. If you need to take time off PM a member or carbon copy all members of staff. If you are a champion taking time off you will most likely lose the title so that we aren’t waiting on you to setup title matches. COOL and maybe add that pic base, gimmick or any other changes should be done after PPVs and a prewarning to Staff

8. Results are based on a tribunal. The staff votes on who wins every match any issues with results should be PM’d to a member of staff or carbon copied to all of staff. COOL; of course, matches we participate in, we are to refrain from voting

9. Suggestions ARE welcome you can do so via PM or the discussion thread IF staff turns it down do not continue in the thread but PM a member of staff or carbon copy all of staff your points. Arguing points in threads gets messy causes clutter and tends to look bad if it goes on too long. COOL

10. Ten is just better then nine. If you lose don’t take it too hard dust yourself off and try again. Remember it’s about fun. Somewhere tell them that if they have story or feud ideas to PM us too

The_King

Reaction score
So I've been typing this up for a while now, and I believe I've covered all the issues that have been brought up. Now, most of the below are my version of the rules, so if you disagree with something (check the cap/grading section haha), please quote whatever you disagree with, so that we can come up with a better system.

Rules said:
ACW Rules and Regulations

Roleplay Conduct Restrictions
-After a match card has been posted, a thread with your match will be posted for you to roleplay in. In the case that you are not in a match and wish to roleplay, please start a new thread in the Battle Zone forum with your roleplay.
-You may begin roleplaying when your roleplay thread for your match has been posted by a staff member.
-Roleplaying ends at the time listed on the match card and in your roleplay threads. Any roleplays posted after that time will not be counted.
-We ask that you refrain from posting OOC comments in the roleplay threads unless absolutely necessary.
-You may not use another roleplayer’s character without permission from their user.
-You may not attack another roleplayer’s character without permission from their user.
-All on-screen staff can be used without permission. However, if you wish to attack an on-screen staffer, you need permission from a member of the staff.
-To use General Manager John McHenry in an RP, you must get permission from his user, ~Primetime~.
-If you needed permission to write the roleplay, please leave an OOC comment at the end of the roleplay stating that you “had permission to use Person X”.
-We HIGHLY advise keeping the message that granted you permission for 3-5 days after the results have been posted, in case of any foul play.
-In the case that you use a character without permission, the roleplay will not be counted. In extreme cases, the staff reserves the right to suspend you.
-At the beginning of a roleplay, please differentiate if your roleplay is televised or untelevised. If you do not differentiate, the staff and any RPer are free to assume that the roleplay is televised.
-There is no word limit. Feel free to write as much or as little as you want but keep in mind that an extremely long RP or an extremely short RP can negatively affect quality.

Roleplay Grading System
-The staff decides all matches via tribunal using three criteria: creativity, continuity, and readability.
-Creativity: Is this roleplay unique and something completely new? Or, is this just a generic promo that has been done hundreds of times over? We’re not saying don’t do promos (we love promos) but make sure to put your own unique spin on them that makes your character shine while simultaneously separating you from the bunch.
-Continuity: Is the roleplay consistent with the character? Is there a clear direction that the roleplay pursues? Is the roleplay consistent with prior storylines? Basically, the staff likes roleplays that develop a character while simultaneously setting up future storylines and connecting to past ones. We like to see that the RPer has a clear direction in mind.
-Readability: The simplest category. We look for good grammar, correct spelling, and a readable format. If it’s hard to read, it will be hard for the RPer in question to win.
-If a staff member is involved in the match, they will NOT vote on the winner or have any input on the decision.

Roleplay Content
-Extreme Situations: No raping, murdering, lynching, etc. If you can get arrested for it in real life, then do not roleplay about it. However, if your character’s backstory involves one of these extreme situations, that is acceptable and feel free to use it in your roleplays, but please, use discretion.
-Fantasy: No vampires, monsters, serial killers, or any other fantastical or unrealistic characters. However, you could use this as your gimmick. For example, your character can believe he’s a vampire or be a vampire on-screen, but he cannot actually be a vampire.
-Language: You are free to use swears, slurs, slang, etc. in your roleplays. However, the staff asks all RPers to be reasonable when using harsh language. If it becomes over the top, clearly offensive, or in bad taste, the staff will warn the RPer. If it continues, the roleplays will suffer when graded and a possible suspension could be explored.
-Real Wrestlers and Companies: We ask that you do not constantly mention rivals companies (WWE, TNA, etc.) or use their wrestlers. This is a looser rule though, especially if the aforementioned companies and wrestlers are part of your character’s backstory.
-Rule of Thumb: If you think that your roleplay may break one of the above rules discussed in this section, please ask the staff before you write it.

Caps
-The cap system is designed to prevent sandbagging (see below), allow people to expand their characters on a weekly basis, and ensure that the upper card is committed to roleplaying consistently.
-Each week your cap will be displayed on the match card and in your roleplay thread.
-Lower and middle card matches will have lower caps (1-3 roleplays).
-Upper card and championship matches will have higher caps (1-6 roleplays).
-Do you have to fill your cap? The technical answer is no, but we HIGHLY advise that you do. It is possible that one person could not fill their cap and still beat someone who did. However, we will reward an RPer who fills their cap with above average roleplays over an opponent who did not fill the cap almost all the time. However, if a roleplayer fills a cap with very average or below average roleplays, it is possible that their opponent who did not fill the cap could win with above average RPs.

Miscellaneous
-Multiple Characters: You are allowed three characters, whether it be three singles competitors, a singles and two tags, two singles and a tag, or three tags. Tags will be counted as one character. However, you do need permission from the entire staff to take on a THIRD character.
-No Shows: If you no show, we will likely remove you from the card over time. If you no show three cards in a row without warning, you will likely be removed from all future cards. To avoid the aforementioned, please notify the staff well before the show that you need time off or early in the show so that you can be removed from the card, if possible.
-Piggybacking: Piggybacking is waiting for your opponent to post their roleplay and then writing a roleplay that directly responds to or refers to your opponent’s roleplay. The staff completely allows this, and in fact, we encourage this as it allows for more interactions and helps drive feuds.
-Results: Results are time consuming. For Adrenalines, results will be up within 48 hours. For Pay-Per-Views, results will be up within 72 hours.
-Switching Characters: You may not switch characters until you have used your current character for at least 30 days from the time you signed up said character.
-Sandbagging: Sandbagging is dropping all your roleplays at the last minute, screwing your opponent out of the win. In this particular e-fed, the cap system prevents this from being an issue. Both roleplayers know the cap their expected to fulfill, so if your opponent fulfills their cap in the last ten minutes of roleplaying and wins, it is your fault that you didn’t fulfill your cap.

Championships
-You are only allowed to hold TWO championships per character, one singles and one tag.
-In the case that your character holds two championships, you will be forced to defend them separately with separate roleplays for both matches.
-Championships must be defended, at least, once a month. If you are a champion and fail to RP for a month, your championship will be stripped.

Out of Character Matters
The below rules only refer to your behavior in the ACW forums and regarding ACW. Anything outside of those two areas falls to the WS admins.
-Respect: We ask that you respect your fellow RPers at all times. If you have a conflict, please address whoever is involved privately and in a respectful manner. Flaming, insulting, and mocking will not be accepted and will result in punishments.
-Cheating: If you’re caught stealing roleplays or participating in other dirty tactics, you will be suspended and likely banned.
-Losing: There will unfortunately come a time when you lose. If that occurs, we ask you to lose gracefully by congratulating your opponent. If you would like to know why you lost, please contact a staff member, and they will get back to you in a timely manner.
-Roleplay Feedback: If you want feedback on your roleplays, please contact staff after the show is off air, and the staff will get back to you with our opinions in a timely manner.
-Storylines: If you want a particular storyline or feud that requires the staff to carry out through results, please contact the staff with your ideas, and we will try to accommodate you. On top of that, the staff will try to inform you with their plans for your character on a monthly basis.
-Storyline Losses: Storyline losses are a necessary evil, sometimes, to push a feud along. However, if you are on the losing side of a storyline loss, the staff will notify you in advance and get your permission before results are posted.
-Suspensions: Suspensions will be the go to punishments. The staff will decide how long a suspension will last and reserves the right to ban members from the e-fed if necessary.
-Time Off: As discussed above, if you need time off, please contact the staff, and we will try to accommodate you.

Frequently Used Terms
ACW: Alternative Championship Wrestling
E-fed: Internet Federation
GM: General Manager
OOC: Out of Character
Promo: Promotional Interview
RP: Roleplay
RPer: Roleplayer
WS: WrestlingSmarks

Suggestions
Finally, the most important issue is suggestions. We love them, so if you think you have an idea that can improve the e-fed, please notify us! We cannot guarantee that every suggestion will be used, but at the least, all suggestions will be considered.

Staff Contact Information
If you need to contact staff for any reason, here is their contact information:
BDC: bdclives@gmail.com
Pete: pbonito_@hotmail.com
~Primetime~: kw107410@ohio.edu
The_King: abram_vance@hotmail.com
E-Mails, visitor messages, personal messages, and MSN Messenger are all effective ways to contact us. It is also advised that if you have a larger concern that you contact ALL members of the staff.

~The ACW Staff~​

Last edited: