Ronda Rousey wants WWE return "Somehow, some way, some day".

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
If Ronda Rousey ever again dabbles in the realm of sports entertainment, it will be a long time down the road.

But that doesn't mean the UFC women's bantamweight champion does want to give World Wrestling Entertainment another go.

"I'm going to find a way," Rousey said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "Somehow, some way, some day. I just have no clue when."

Rousey, whose autobiography is now on sale, made a much-publicized appearance in the ring at Wrestlemania 31 in March.

But several things are keeping her from becoming more involved in pro wrestling, her UFC contract and a busy SCHEDULE of outside activities chief among them.

Still, though, Rousey is a hardcore pro wrestling fan who attends local shows in her free time in Southern California. So even if it's not until her MMA CAREER ends, Rousey holds out hope that she'll once again have some fun in the world of make-believe fighting.

"I'm willing to find a way to get back in there," she said. "I don't know how it would be possible in the foreseeable future. It's definitely not possible for a very, very long time, I have an extremely full SCHEDULE."

Source: Dave Doyle (mmafighting.com)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinnion may shock you.

I actually think a pro wrestling run for Ronda could not only be refreshing for her, but also for the UFC's Women's Bantamweight Division. Clearly she enjoys it, and from a personal standpoint she doesn't really respect her opponents enough to put on good fights. Sure it's fun to watch her run right through it, but it would be better if she was doing that on her way to the title instead of the title scene (which btw she was). Other than Miesha Tate and Liz Carmouche she's pratically run right through all of her opponents. I respect Ronda as an athlete 100%, she's easily the most dominant fighter ever (male or female), and I am aware that the whole objective in MMA is to knock out or submit your opponent. But it's hard to market a championship fight that you know won't even last 20 seconds.

Ronda going to the WWE would not only be more financially satisfying for her, but more aestheticly pleasing to those who are actual fans of MMA. She's really got nothing left to prove in her MMA career: She got a bronze medal in the olympics, she was killing girls at 145 then went down to 135 and has been a slaughterhouse ever since, Cyborg isn't gonna make 135, and after the Zingano fight she's pratically cleaned out the division.

The only downfall is, for her to be a dynamic character in pro wrestling, she'd have to look beatable. And I highly doubt Ronda wants that to happen, 'cause we all know what would happen in real life to a good percentage of those WWE girls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Ronda Rousey likes to be challenged in her profession and she isn't being challenged right now. She could be the monster Lesnar was as World Champion and have some great matches with girls who are going to be clearly smaller than her in every way. She's got a fever and her only prescription is Wrestling in the WWE.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The big problem is that as much as I'd love her in WWE, what would you do with her? Because I don't buy a single Diva as being credible enough against her, unless you take someone like Paige & spend a solid 12 months building her up for an eventual showdown. And it has to be a Paige, or an NXT graduate, because no amount of build will make me buy a Nikki Bella or Alicia Fox against Rousey, ever.

You could have her lose, but that ruins her aura in the same way Brock losing every other month would hurt his. It's tough, because it'd be fucking awesome, but unless she's in a part time role, I can't see it working out at all.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
The big problem is that as much as I'd love her in WWE, what would you do with her? Because I don't buy a single Diva as being credible enough against her, unless you take someone like Paige & spend a solid 12 months building her up for an eventual showdown. And it has to be a Paige, or an NXT graduate, because no amount of build will make me buy a Nikki Bella or Alicia Fox against Rousey, ever.

You could have her lose, but that ruins her aura in the same way Brock losing every other month would hurt his. It's tough, because it'd be fucking awesome, but unless she's in a part time role, I can't see it working out at all.
Honestly the only Diva j would buy right now is Nattie as none of them seem to have any sort of amount of build to beat her. If anyone and they could i would like to see Kong take her on.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Hell, get Del Rey out of training and get her on the main roster and build her up.

Swinny

Reaction score
Source: Dave Doyle (mmafighting.com)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinnion may shock you.

I actually think a pro wrestling run for Ronda could not only be refreshing for her, but also for the UFC's Women's Bantamweight Division. Clearly she enjoys it, and from a personal standpoint she doesn't really respect her opponents enough to put on good fights. Sure it's fun to watch her run right through it, but it would be better if she was doing that on her way to the title instead of the title scene (which btw she was). Other than Miesha Tate and Liz Carmouche she's pratically run right through all of her opponents. I respect Ronda as an athlete 100%, she's easily the most dominant fighter ever (male or female), and I am aware that the whole objective in MMA is to knock out or submit your opponent. But it's hard to market a championship fight that you know won't even last 20 seconds.

Ronda going to the WWE would not only be more financially satisfying for her, but more aestheticly pleasing to those who are actual fans of MMA. She's really got nothing left to prove in her MMA career: She got a bronze medal in the olympics, she was killing girls at 145 then went down to 135 and has been a slaughterhouse ever since, Cyborg isn't gonna make 135, and after the Zingano fight she's pratically cleaned out the division.

The only downfall is, for her to be a dynamic character in pro wrestling, she'd have to look beatable. And I highly doubt Ronda wants that to happen, 'cause we all know what would happen in real life to a good percentage of those WWE girls.

But how can she go from destroying actual fighters, legit bad ass chicks, to actually having competitive matches with chicks who are almost wholly non-legit bad ass chicks? Even if you throw believability out the window I know I as an MMA fan definitely wouldn't be more satisfied seeing that than seeing her destroy the top competition. A Ronda Rousey fight is a spectacle and a showcase to see exactly how dominate she can be against whichever opponent they throw at her and I don't see how any sort of WWE career would be either of those things unless it was a one time thing and they found a woman who can also be a serious bad ass bitch.

I mean if Kong even returns as Kharma and they do something like that maybe, but then it could just sort of turn out like Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
But how can she go from destroying actual fighters, legit bad ass chicks, to actually having competitive matches with chicks who are almost wholly non-legit bad ass chicks? Even if you throw believability out the window I know I as an MMA fan definitely wouldn't be more satisfied seeing that than seeing her destroy the top competition. A Ronda Rousey fight is a spectacle and a showcase to see exactly how dominate she can be against whichever opponent they throw at her and I don't see how any sort of WWE career would be either of those things unless it was a one time thing and they found a woman who can also be a serious bad ass bitch.

I mean if Kong even returns as Kharma and they do something like that maybe, but then it could just sort of turn out like Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather.

Quite simple, that division isn't very deep when you take a look at the talent in there. There's literally no competition, she's pretty much cleaned out the division and Holly Holm looked less than impressive. Even if she was to build herself back up, Ronda would still crush her as opposed to every other 135'r on there.

Sadly, because of this, Ronda doesn't draw as much as she should or else she'd be main eventing more cards. Her first fight did phenomenal and then after that everybody just knew what to expect. Look I come from a kickboxing background and I'm pretty sure you can ask any of my brethren that we also like good fights. Apart from the second Miesha Tate fight, she hasn't been able to put on an actually exciting fight. Yes she's dominant, her boxing is fantastic on top of her excellent judo. But she clearly needs more competition now, after Beth Correira, what's left for there for Rousey to go up against? Nothing, if Ronda does leave while she's on top, she'll have left the easily the most dominant legacy in the cage, and it'll give a refresh to the division.

You're viewing this as a fan, I'm viewing this as a fighter myself. That's the difference here.

Btw, Ronda would even throw Kong around and break her arm too. I don't see size being a big factor in her dominance.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Btw, Ronda would even throw Kong around and break her arm too. I don't see size being a big factor in her dominance.

But Kong is the only wrestler who was built up as a monster in any promotion that people would believe beside Chyna who looms terrible these days.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ronda would kill her in 30 seconds and have her coughing up cheeseburgers before hand.
So again, what's the point? You can't go anywhere but down if she beats her only credible challenger in 30 seconds. Wrestling is built on a suspension of disbelief, which you would effectively kill with that happening. Also, I think you may be missing the point that it's wrestling, not legit fighting. There wouldn't be any arm breaking going down, even though I agree that Rousey could do so to anyone she faced.

LB's suggestion of Del Rey is about the only thing that I think could work. Have Rousey run roughshod over every Diva, even take a few out of action. After she injures a couple of the NXT gals, Del Rey gets pissed and decides to do something about it. Then you get the reveal that she's been the head Diva's trainer for some time and can't stand to see her girls hurt so she's come to fight for not only their honour, but hers as well. Still not sure if it would really work, but that's at least a way to spin it into some semblance of a draw.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
So again, what's the point? You can't go anywhere but down if she beats her only credible challenger in 30 seconds. Wrestling is built on a suspension of disbelief, which you would effectively kill with that happening. Also, I think you may be missing the point that it's wrestling, not legit fighting. There wouldn't be any arm breaking going down, even though I agree that Rousey could do so to anyone she faced.

LB's suggestion of Del Rey is about the only thing that I think could work. Have Rousey run roughshod over every Diva, even take a few out of action. After she injures a couple of the NXT gals, Del Rey gets pissed and decides to do something about it. Then you get the reveal that she's been the head Diva's trainer for some time and can't stand to see her girls hurt so she's come to fight for not only their honour, but hers as well. Still not sure if it would really work, but that's at least a way to spin it into some semblance of a draw.

At least we can agree on something :lol:

Personally I don't really care to as to how they would potentially work Ronda in pro wrestling nor would I entirely be a big fan of it. I just see the reality in the UFC for what it is - despite her first show her performances have failed to generate huge numbers that Dana's been expecting. So people already know what they're expecting and in my oppinion her being in the division isn't really giving it a chance to grow. Her contributions to womens MMA are second to none as a whole, but for the division, and I personally believe it's time for a change. And if she's into the WWE thing and she enjoys it, why the hell not?

Another remedy to this whole situation that could keep Ronda fresh is if they introduced a women's 145 pound division. I'm sure the same situation would occur but most certainly it would not only create new opportunities for her (which btw was her original weight class), but at least it would give her a chance to do something different. The same thing will happen with Conor McGregor once he runs through everybody at 145, the difference between the situations is that Conor has an option in MMA to stay fresh by moving up to 155. Where as in the meantime, Ronda doesn't, I hope for that to change because that would be the best solution to keep her in MMA.

But if she did retire and do the WWE thing, she'll easily have left behind a legacy as the most dominant athlete of all time.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
Ronda Rousey vs Sara Del Rey feuding because Rousey took out Sara's NXT girls is a cool idea.

The only thing I see happening is Rousey having a match with Stephanie at Wrestlemania.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ronda Rousey wants WWE return "Somehow, some way, some day".

I'd have to agree, particularly considering how emphatic he was about it recently. Still, a good promoter never leaves money on the table so if there were a chance to make tons of it, I'm pretty sure he'd change his mind.

The payoff would obviously have to be Rousey beating the tar out of Steph so at the very least he wouldn't need to worry about one of his fighters losing face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I really like Ronda. She's an exceptional fighter and clearly enjoys wrestling but I don't particularly want to see her in WWE. I don't mind the odd appearance from her but I don't want to see her become a full time diva. Like others have said before, she's too dominant right now to ever be believable in WWE. There isn't really anybody that you could believe would beat her so she'd just beat dominating every week and there'd never be any storyline pay-offs with her.