Ronda Rousey talks leaving MMA, more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ronda_rousey_bio--06d8789c2edd0524df6c49a45e0aaa45.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

Ronda Rousey says that when she got to the point where she no longer wanted to compete in MMA, she kept going because that's what she felt others wanted her to do.

The Smackdown Women's Champion appeared on the DC Check-In on Tuesday and was asked by Daniel Cormier if walking away from the sport was difficult for her.

“I think it was difficult in both judo and MMA, in that everyone else felt that they wanted more from me,” Rousey answered.

She continued to say that in both sports she felt pressure to continue after she had lost the desire to do so.

“In judo, you peak in your mid-twenties. I medaled at 21 so I was going to be 25 for the next Olympics. Everyone’s like, ‘this is it, you’re going to be the first woman to win an Olympic gold,’ and I didn’t want it anymore and I couldn’t do it for everybody else."

“I think that’s a mistake that I made with MMA was when I got to that point where I didn’t want it anymore, I kept doing it for everybody else.”

“I think to be at that top level, you kind of have to be a people pleaser, you know?” she continued. “You want to please your coach, you want to please your parents, you want to please everybody watching. It’s one of the things that makes you excel but it’s one of those things that, it can be an obstacle a lot of times."

"Knowing when is the right time to walk away, it’s got to be your decision because not everybody else is going to come to a consensus and nobody knows what you’re actually going through and what it actually takes."

Cormier and Rousey would also discuss Rousey's love for "Rowdy" Roddy Piper and the possibility of Rousey turning heel someday.

"He was the real heel though, who wanted you to hate him. He wasn't the cool guy heel," she said of Piper.

"That jacket that I wear that is a replica of his jacket is actually stab-proof because people would try to stab him."

"That's the kind of heel I want to be. I want to be the kind of heel that really inspires that vitriol and really gets the other person liked."

"I think a lot of people forget that the job of the heel is to get the babyface over, not for everyone to think that you were a cool heel."

Rousey continued to say that she thought she would be a heel when she returned to WWE.

"I was supposed to come back as a heel. Vince was like, 'well, they pop for her real big so she's a babyface.' So, I recorded a heel interview after and everyone was like, 'what the hell?'"

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well she was getting very uncooperative with the pressers and weigh ins after the Bethe Correira fight, you could see the she was "over it" in hindsight.

Not too mention her mother was like a combat sports version of a stage mom living vicariously through her, and the fact she had a coach who was basically using her to gain clout.....she made the right decision.