Ronda Rousey comments on fan criticism, new ring gear

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ronda.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

Former WWE Raw Women's Champion Ronda Rousey opened up about her relationship with fans and taking criticism personally.

During a Sunday Facebook stream where she was playing video games and answering questions, Rousey said that while she plays a character in WWE, it's still her which can make taking critiques difficult.

“It’s hard not to take (things) personally from the fans because I don’t go out there as, I mean, I do go out there as a character but I am also actually Ronda Rousey. I don’t play Ronda Rousey on television so sometimes I take it personally from the fans. Not so much from the wrestlers, but the fans, I do," she said.

On Sunday's Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that Rousey and WWE personnel talked after her more heelish January 31st Raw promo which was her first since returning back to the company at the recent Royal Rumble.

There was a noted change in her personality presentation from that to her next promo on last Friday's SmackDown when she made her match with Charlotte Flair at WrestleMania 38 official.

Meltzer said, "I believe that people were talking to her about Monday. She acknowledged the fans. She was very, very bitter coming back and I think that that was not a good attitude to have, especially since she’s being portrayed as a babyface."

Some of the issues stem from the end of Rousey's first run with WWE when some fans were booing her which was a change from when she first started. Since then, she has had a sometimes strained relationship with those fans.

Rousey talked to Steve O of Jackass fame on his podcast in April 2020 and said she was questioning why she was continuing to take time away from focusing on her family "instead spending my time and my energy on a bunch of (expletive) ungrateful fans that don't even appreciate me?"

In August 2021, Rousey referred to WWE fans as "ungrateful idiots" following Bray Wyatt's release, insinuating it was them who caused him to be released:

Rousey also acknowledged her change in ring gear, dressed in all black which was a departure from what she sported before.

She said the change was due to having her first child four months ago and not feeling confident enough to wear it. She said she is working toward it, but "it’s hard when you’re coming back and being judged directly to how you looked three years ago."

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Just ignore the idiots, Rousey. Just ignore them. Just do what Rousey does.

Improve though.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
She's lucky she's going against Charlotte, she should be able to garner fan support in this feud. She'll be in deep waters when she goes against an actual babyface the fans like though.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I wanted heel Rousey tbh. I think I said that in the Rumble Chat; let her be the pissed off wrestler that hates the marks

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
I dunno... I can imagine that would only lead to her getting the full blast of Go-Away heat instead of just Heel heat.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair is a match between 2 people the fan are very much torn on.

I don't know if either of them are face or heel

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I feel like Ronda doesn't understand pro wrestling at all outside the in ring work. She's constantly working herself into a shoot

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I feel like Ronda doesn't understand pro wrestling at all outside the in ring work. She's constantly working herself into a shoot
In her first run she did say wrestling is fake. She's suppose to legitimise it not expose it.

Having said that She's absolutely brilliant I the ring

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
And the thing is, fans need to understand that. I'm not talking about you specifically, but the casual fanbase... they don't understand that.

WWE needs to train Rousey.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
She's not made for this business. I hope she gets booed so much that she starts crying again and leaves just like Batista did.
I have more respect for Bad Bunny than her.

Reactions: InSaNe

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Say what you wanna say about ronda. She us better then the majority of the womans roster.

The likes of Liv Morgan and Dana Brooke haven't a chance