Ronaldo "Jacare" Souze undergoes knee surgery; wants title shot or Luke Rockhold next.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
mmafighting.com said:
Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza is healing up after knee surgery.

The former Strikeforce middleweight champion recently underwent the procedure to repair damage done to his left meniscus in his quick win over Chris Camozzi on the April 13 UFC fight night show, according to his manager, Gilberto Faria.

MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani reported the news on Wednesday's edition of UFC Tonight.

Jacare is expected to return by September. His victory over Camozzi was his eighth in a row and lifted his record to 22-3. But he appears to be the odd man out in the hunt for a UFC middleweight title shot, with Luke Rockhold taking center stage after his finish of Lyoto Machida on the same UFC on Fox card.

Still, Jacare believes he deserves a shot. Faria says that only a match against the Chris Weidman-Vitor Belfort winner or a fight with Rockhold "makes sense" for Souza.

Author: Dave Doyle (@davedoylemma)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree that with the final sentence of this. Like it or not, Jacare's last loss came to Luke Rockhold back in 2011, and even though Rockhold lost to Vitor Belfort he's had much more convincing wins over tougher opponents. I'm a huge fan of Chris Camozzi and unfortunately for Jacare it doesn't do much for him seeing as he defeated him before. This injury will more than likely keep him out for up to 9 months, but I love the sound of a Rockhold/Jacare rematch.