Roman Reigns And Several WWE Stars Pull Out Of WrestleMania 36

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
960x0.jpg

WWE will be without one of its biggest stars at WrestleMania 36.

According to a report from Pro Wrestling Sheet, Roman Reigns informed WWE that he “didn’t feel comfortable” wrestling at its flagship pay-per-view due to his medical history and has been removed from the show:
“Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Roman Reigns will not be part of the WWE Universal Championship match at WrestleMania 36 as planned. Sources with knowledge of the situation tell us Reigns expressed to WWE that he didn’t feel comfortable doing anymore of the Performance Center shows during the coronavirus pandemic because he’s immunocompromised from his battle with leukemia and didn’t want to risk his health. We’re told WWE honored his request and he will now be replaced by someone else in the match against Goldberg, though it’s unclear who at this time.”
Pro Wrestling Sheet
Reigns returned to WWE in February 2019 after successfully battling leukemia for a second time, and he has performed regularly for the company over the course of the last year. According to the CDC, however, “people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions may be at higher risk for more serious complications from COVID-19.” Thus, Reigns—who had been set for a Universal Championship match against Goldberg at WrestleMania 36—has chosen not to put his health at risk due to the fact that he is immunocompromised.

“The Big Dog” isn’t the only WWE star who won’t be at WrestleMania, either.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...lyst-doris-burke-tests-positive-for-covid-19/
According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter (h/t Wrestling Inc), “multiple” unnamed WWE stars were removed from the show due to illness while a number of superstars informed WWE that they also “didn’t feel comfortable” working WrestleMania 36:
“Some names are being kept confidential because so few know, but it's been confirmed that multiple talents scheduled for the event either said they were sick, which led to instantly removal from all shows being taped this week, while there were others who didn't feel sick but had fevers above 100.4 degrees. That is WWE's cut-off point for not allowing talents to wrestle. There were also others who, on their own, said they didn't feel comfortable flying in to Orlando to work due to the coronavirus pandemic. Both WWE and AEW had told talents that if they didn't want to travel to work, then they didn't have to and that the decision would not be held against them when it comes to future bookings.”
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter (h/t Wrestling Inc)

Several WWE stars have been impacted by concerns related to COVID-19. Despite being set for a WrestleMania 36 match against Aleister Black, Bobby Lashley has been off TV after being quarantined following a recent trip to South Africa. In addition, both Dana Brooke and Rey Mysterio were removed from their respective WrestleMania 36 matches and also quarantined. Paige and several other talents had also previously informed WWE that they would not be traveling to Orlando, which is a decision WWE has been willing to accommodate. The Observer (h/t Wrestling Inc) also reported that “no one in WWE has tested positive for the coronavirus as of... March 26.” Despite widespread concern within and outside WWE regarding the health and safety of its performers, WWE has reportedly already taped most or all of its content between now and the post-WrestleMania 36 edition of Raw while the company plans on continuing to host TV tapings at the Performance Center following the event.

That decision reportedly isn’t sitting well with just about everyone in WWE. According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider (h/t WrestlingNews.co), there is “only one person” within WWE who wanted to move forward with WrestleMania: Vince McMahon.
“I can confirm after speaking to dozens of people in the company. I’m talking wrestlers, behind the scenes people, whatever, there is only one person who felt that they should have went forward with WrestleMania and that’s why they’re going forward with WrestleMania and that’s Vince.”
Mike Johnson of PWInsider (h/t WrestlingNews.co)
While the show will air as planned on Saturday, April 4 and Sunday, April 5 as the first ever two-day WrestleMania, the show will look drastically different than it was originally expected to look due to the absence of arguably WWE’s biggest full-time star in Reigns as well as several other unnamed performers. As for Reigns’ potential replacement, the Observer says that Braun Strowman is “rumored” for that role, though it isn’t clear what changes will be made to the remainder of the show’s card.

The site does note, however, that there will still likely be 16 matches spread out over the course of two nights for what is shaping up to be one of the most unique and controversial events in pro wrestling history.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So it sounds like Miz showing up for the WrestleMania tapings and being sent home is what caused Roman to go home and several other stars. Some people are even reporting Edge went home?! :sodone: The only match I cared about!!! :mad:

WWE has also taped every show leading into Mania it sounds like so how are they going to change these matches that didn't happen?

If Miz can't compete, how does that affect the New Day and Usos match tonight?

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yet "tHe ShOw MuSt Go On" :smh

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
No matter how bad this show is, 24 straight weeks of holding up Mania would be worse.

TBH sounds like WWE won’t be able to produce any further content for a while. So may as well start fresh.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Like I've been saying this whole time, I'm just along for the ride whatever happens during this trainwreck :draper2

Reactions: Cwalker

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
More lame ass bullshit

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
No matter how bad this show is, 24 straight weeks of holding up Mania would be worse.

TBH sounds like WWE won’t be able to produce any further content for a while. So may as well start fresh.

I rather get the full card than some bullshit card. :draper2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd rather these wrestlers act like men and do their job

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I rather get the full card than some bullshit card. :draper2
I don't care enough about any of these matches except one to have really bad TV for 5 months to keep them going.

I was watching the Roman and Goldberg segment last Friday and was tapping out the build is already stretched so thin.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I don't care enough about any of these matches except one to have really bad TV for 5 months to keep them going.

I was watching the Roman and Goldberg segment last Friday and was tapping out the build is already stretched so thin.

We're not even getting half the matches we're suppose to get. :TI: if they really are about to have to shut down for awhile, they should've just pulled the plug. Matches I cared about likely won't happen. Only thing I do like is a match I already seen the change to, but I won't say what it is. I am happy about that and that only.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'd rather WWE come back in 2 months or however long it will be with completely fresh stories.

Whatever matches didn't happen at Mania, I'm sure can be rebooked for SummerSlam.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Why don't you do the sensible thing and call these wrestlers out? So many people are strugglin' to pay bills right now and wish they could work while these overpaid "stars" are just goin' "I have the best health care officials watchin' and protectin' me but I'm just gonna stay home like a scared child instead of entertainin' our fans for maybe the last time in months."

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The sensible thing :lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Vegeta

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Why don't you do the sensible thing and call these wrestlers out? So many people are strugglin' to pay bills right now and wish they could work while these overpaid "stars" are just goin' "I have the best health care officials watchin' and protectin' me but I'm just gonna stay home like a scared child instead of entertainin' our fans for maybe the last time in months."
We get it. You think the roster are pussies for pulling out of Mania. You can stop repeating yourself now.

Reactions: Vegeta

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well sometimes has to take this side. Since everyone else is just tip toein' around this virus like it's gonna kills us all.