ROH - 14th Anniversary Show [Discussion Thread]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
roh_winnertakesall-live_2016_mahr-media_v2_web.jpg

Match card:

Jay Lethal vs Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly
(ROH World Championship Match)

022616world-title1.jpg

The Briscoes vs Hiroshi Tanahashi & Michael Elgin
022616briscoesvstanaandelginx2.jpg

Kazuchika Okada vs Moose
022616okada-vs-moose2.jpg

Tomohiro Ishii vs Roderick Strong vs Bobby Fish
(ROH World Television Championship Match)

022616worldtvtitlev21.jpg

The Young Bucks & Kenny Omega vs KUSHIDA, ACH & Matt Sydal
(NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship Match)

022616six-man2.jpg

Dalton Castle vs Hirooki Goto
022616vsgotovscastle1.jpg

Alex Shelley vs Christopher Daniels

022616shelley-vs-daniels2.jpg

War Machine vs The All Night Express
(ROH World Tag Team Championship No DQ Match)

Ca8ytwpWIAAS0Sg.jpg:large

BJ Whitmer vs Adam Page
022616whitmervspage2.jpg

Last edited:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
@Prince Bálor can you please replace the comic sans(ish) font? The design student in me wants to commit suicide seeing it. I don't want to sound mean but please, it is ghastly.

Here's the final card as of today:
ROH World Championship: Jay Lethal (c) vs. Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly
ROH World Tag Team Championship/NO DQ: War Machine (c) vs. All Night Express
ROH World Television Championship: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Roderick Strong vs. Bobby Fish
Matt + Nick Jackson/Kenny Omega vs. KUSHIDA/ACH/Sydal
Jay + Mark Briscoe vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi/Michael Elgin
Kazuchika Okada vs. Moose
BJ Whitmer vs. Adam Page
Alex Shelley vs. Christopher Daniels
Hirooki Goto vs. TBD

SIGNED TO APPEAR-
Dalton Castle
Silas Young
Cheeseburger
Cedric Alexander

This is going to be the hottest ROH PPV yet

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
@Prince Bálor can you please replace the comic sans(ish) font? The design student in me wants to commit suicide seeing it. I don't want to sound mean but please, it is ghastly.

Here's the final card as of today:
ROH World Championship: Jay Lethal (c) vs. Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly
ROH World Tag Team Championship/NO DQ: War Machine (c) vs. All Night Express
ROH World Television Championship: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Roderick Strong vs. Bobby Fish
Matt + Nick Jackson/Kenny Omega vs. KUSHIDA/ACH/Sydal
Jay + Mark Briscoe vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi/Michael Elgin
Kazuchika Okada vs. Moose
BJ Whitmer vs. Adam Page
Alex Shelley vs. Christopher Daniels
Hirooki Goto vs. TBD

SIGNED TO APPEAR-
Dalton Castle
Silas Young
Cheeseburger
Cedric Alexander

This is going to be the hottest ROH PPV yet

You mean the Lethal/Cole/O'Reilly one? Yeah, no problem.

Stopspot

Reaction score
You mean the Lethal/Cole/O'Reilly one? Yeah, no problem.
For unity's sake I'd like it if you kept to one font. Or two tops. So it doesn't look too "messy". That's just my opinion tho.

CARD UPDATE: The Bucks&Omega vs Kushida, ACH & Sydal match is now for the NEVER openweight six man titles.
source

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Doesn't look 'messy' to me at all, 'cause I like all these new fonts.

Also, edited the OP and added the Ishii/Strong/Fish match, as well as Bucks/KO vs ACH/Sydal/KUSHIDA for the NEVER tag titles.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Doesn't look 'messy' to me at all, 'cause I like all these new fonts.

Also, edited the OP and added the Ishii/Strong/Fish match, as well as Bucks/KO vs ACH/Sydal/KUSHIDA for the NEVER tag titles.
I understand that and everyone has different tastes. But usually it is considered a golden rule of design to not overdo it with fonts and graphical elements. Because a lot of people find it clunky and confusing.

But you do you

Stopspot

Reaction score
Goto's mystery opponent is.....Dalton Castle! That'll be a weird one

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
- Ishii vs Strong vs Fish was a pretty solid show opener. This should've definitely been a lot better given the talent involved, but oh well... Was expecting Roddy to regain the title since Ishii's not on the ROH roster, but this was a nice surprise, I guess.

- Page vs Whitmer... Well, IDGAF about this one and it sucks this feud will continue. Although, I LOL'd post-match when Page hit some security geek and the guy took a comedy bump on a simple punch. :lol1:

- Goto vs Castle was decent, but nothing to write home about. Castle was the man here and should've won, dammit!

- Shelley vs Daniels turned out to be solid, although I didn't care much for this bout. At least The Motor City Machine Guns reunited, so that's a plus.

- Tanahashi & Elgin vs Dem Boys was good and the best match on the card so far.

- Okada vs Moose was entertaining with some good action down the stretch.

- The Elite vs KUSHIDA, ACH & Matt Sydal was totally entertaining from start to finish, even though I've seen this match a thousand times. But, considering the fact that most of the show was underwhelming, this came off so good and entertaining!

- War Machine vs The ANX was okay, but I just couldn't get into this match. Something about this feud just doesn't click. Perhaps this should've been saved for the ROH TV main event.

- Jay Lethal vs Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly was a very good ME and my favorite MOTN with the right man winning! One of my favorite spots was Cole preventing Lethal's arm from dropping the third time and this played out really well to what Cole said prior to his match against Kyle at Final Battle, that he was never gonna let Kyle become the ROH World Champion as long as he's in ROH! Also, the finish surprised the hell out of me, but in a good way, I thought we were going to get some screwy finish, but nah, Lethal retained via double Lethal Injection. It was smart to have Cole eat the pin, as he and Kyle still have some unresolved issues, which will lead to a big rematch where O'Reilly emerges victorious and becomes the #1 contender.

Overall, this could've been a great show, but it turned out to be average. The first half of the show was totally forgettable and the crowd was bad. Can't say I blame 'em. Some of the match placement was questionable, some of the finishes were off, but the second hour was an improvement, thankfully. The 6-man tag and the ME were MOTN.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I just finished and there isn't a rate thread but here are my thoughts

Ishii vs Strong vs Fish ***1/2. Great starting match

Whitmer vs Page **1/2 decent match... would have preferred Page winning

Dalton Castle vs Hirooki Goto ***1/2. What a fun match. Dalton Castle was his regular enjoyable self and put on so much innovative offense. Very awesome.

Christopher Daniels vs Alex Shelley*** I could give a fig about the match but if my favorite tag team of all time, The Motor/Murder City Machine Guns are back together, I'm the happiest wrestling fan in the world.

Briscoes vs Tanahasi and Elgin **1/2. Didn't do much for me which is a shame because other than Elgin, I like watching all these guys. Just never took off and seemed awkward.

Okada vs Moose*** Nothing special but both guys were on the entire match. Moose is an excellent young wrestler who always impresses me. Also Okada should skip his first rainmaker attempt as he never hits it.

Kushida. ACH and Matt Sydal vs Young Bucks and Kenny Omega. ***1/2 This was a completely fun match to watch... liked everything about it.... good old fashioned spot fest.

Anx vs War Machine. ** This was pretty boring especially after the 6 man... this match did nothing for me.

Jay Lethal vs Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly . *** I wasn't as into it as I wanted to be. I'm a bigger Adam Cole fan but the right man won. Jay Lethal is just great as ROH champion.

After the match I liked how Kevin Kelly was talking about Jay Lethal being the best in the world... just like Corino had done earlier about Okada. Now there's a match I want to see.