Roddy Piper Speaks Out - WrestleMania Angle, WWE HOF, More

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
For those of you who missed it earlier this week, Roddy Piper was recently on Right After Wrestling, here are the highlights
On His Idea For This Year's WM: "I did shoot an idea to the WWE. I said put Cena & The Rock in Piper's Pit at WrestleMania. Because I knew he wouldn't wrestle but everybody would wanna see him. They should use people who have given to the business - like The Rock, like myself - who are powerful enough to entertain. Instead of just putting in Snooki."

On His WM 2 Boxing Match: "It was one of the worst matches of my life. Why? In that match with Mr. T, they didn't trust me. I had done some boxing. I trained for 5 weeks for this fight. They taped my fists up solid and then put it in the gloves. He was scarred. At the end of the day it was my fault, let's make that clear. Those boxing gloves are thumbless. Mr. T was supposed to throw a left-cross. They asked me for a little show-business. So when he threw the left, I was supposed to go through the ropes to the floor. But when he threw it, he missed. He was all tired. They really protected him. We got an old saying, I would rather you punch my teeth down my throat then throw a popcorn punch!"

On The WWE Hall of Fame: "The acts I did were to further the business. It took a lot of balls to say you're not pinning my shoulders at Wrestlemania. I was protecting the business. You never let somebody come from outside the business, have their way with the business and then leave the next day and laugh at you. How the hell does David Arquette become World Champion. Maybe you can have - in the Hall of fame - the lifetime achievement award. Bob Uecker would fit in right there. It's the way you categorize it I think. Because there were guys who got stabbed 3 times to get into that Hall of Fame!"

For more clips, moments, thoughts, opinions and stories from Rowdy Roddy Piper on R.A.W. Radio, get the full 60+ minute interview at this link.