Rihanna Becomes UK’s Highest Selling Singles Artist

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score

‘Umbrella‘, ‘SOS‘, ‘We Found Love‘, ‘Rude Boy‘ and ‘Pon De Replay’, all hits scored by serial chart topper Rihanna since she debuted six years ago.
Now, news that will undoubtedly put a smile on the faces of her support base has emerged from the UK today.
She is now the UK’s highest selling singles act of 2011.
Details below…

With over 3,119,000 singles sold in the country this year, she beats Adele’s total sales of 3113,000 to become the year’s highest selling artist single’s artist.

To date,her latest single ‘We Found Love‘ has generated sales of 771,000 units, while ‘S&M‘ and ‘What’s My Name‘ – which are both lifted from her 2010 album ‘Loud‘ have combined sales of 973,000 units since their respective releases months ago.

Well done Rihanna!

For while this doesn’t change the fact that the US sales of her albums are so so to say the least, this new record serves as a reminder to all that absolutely no-one is touching Ms.Fenty when it comes to moving singles,both home and away.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Although I think Rihanna is extremely talented, shes' always pissed me off with the fact a lot of her songs just have her repeating the same lyrics over and over...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Impressive to sell 3 million in a year in the UK, no surprise that Adele is up there as well because she has been massive this year worldwide. Rihanna songs can become a bit repetitive and some sound the same but she keeps coming out with more and more that get stuck in peoples heads so they buy it.

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;sc3EDl6FuzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sc3EDl6FuzU[/video]

*Sigh*

I consider myself a Rihanna fan but going off stage to throw up during a performance and then talking about it on twitter like you are proud of it is plain embarrassing. Considering she was late for a show cause she was at a hospital and then this, it's clear she needs to take a break and rest not only her vocals but her body. She's gonna crash and burn if she is not careful.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well least it wasn't actually showing her throw up like I thought the video was gonna show lol guess she would have rested if it didn't mean that if she didn't show they would have to give out refunds.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It does show her committment that she will still do a show even if she is feeling 100%. Her management team might need to get on top of things though to ensure that she is looking after herself properly.