Report On Whether CM Punk's "Straight Edge" Lifestyle Is Genuine

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Throughout his career, CM Punk has consistently used the gimmick of being "Straight Edge," a lifestyle he repeatedly claims to follow in his actual day-to-day life. In the latest issue of Power Slam, magazine editor Findlay Martin responds to a reader's query as to whether Punk's "Straight Edge" gimmick is just that, a 'fictitious' gimmick.

"That's a vicious rumour, as far as we know," Martin responds. "We have spoken to many people over the last eight years who have been to bars and nightclubs with Punk and/or traveled with him in Europe and the U.S. and Canada, and all report that Punk has invariably abstained from alcohol, illegal drugs and tobacco."

Martin, however, says that some wrestlers who worked with Punk during his path to the WWE main roster years ago found his drug-free proclamation to be phony. And upon reaching the main roster, he was shunned for living an alternative lifestyle.

"Since most wrestlers habitually use alcohol and/or drugs and are instinctively distrustful of fellow wrestlers, the assumption among most who did not know Punk when he was working on the independent circuit and treading water in WWE's developmental system was that his teetotaler/drug-free claims were bogus," Martin says. "When he reached WWE television and his fame and word spread that his 'Straight Edge" gimmick was genuine, Punk was ridiculed and even ostracized by some wrestlers for choosing an alternative lifestyle to theirs."

Source

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Why should he be ostracised for living a straight edge lifestyle? I spent 20 years booze free and still refrain from using drugs, smoke or other acts of similar nature. I was practically straight edge myself and never saw a reason to rat out people who drank or such. Live and let live.

Then again the most interesting thing would be if Punk lives full on straight edge. which is refraining from violence, sex and meat as well as drugs and drink.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
There is not dietary requirement to be straight edge, he seems to have banged every diva a few times over so I doubt he's staying from promiscuous sex. He seems to be a minor straight edger not a full on. Either way I lack a fuck to give just let him do what he wants, I'm more interested in what music he's into.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Stopspot

Reaction score
CM Drunk said:
There is not dietary requirement to be straight edge, he seems to have banged every diva a few times over so I doubt he's staying from promiscuous sex. He seems to be a minor straight edger not a full on. Either way I lack a F*** to give just let him do what he wants, I'm more interested in what music he's into.

You are right in that there is no dietary requirement but most hardcore straight edgers claim you must live a vegetarian or vegan diet as well. Pesky blighters they are.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Why should he be hated for not drinking and smoking and doing drugs? Many people have lived straight edge its just that CM Punk gave it a name.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Report On Whether CM Punk's "Straight Edge" Lifestyle Is Genuine

Thewindyfan said:
Why should he be hated for not drinking and smoking and doing drugs? Many people have lived straight edge its just that CM Punk gave it a name.

Punk gave it a name? Straight Edge has been around as an idea since Phil was shitting in his nappies. The term straight edge was coined in the mid 80s by the band minor threat and grew to prominence all Punk did was encourage some followers who don't understand the principle rather just trying to be cool.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Thewindyfan said:

Learn your punk rock history and you will see that Straight Edge has been around a lot longer then CM Punk.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
CM Drunk said:
Punk gave it a name? Straight Edge has been around as an idea since Phil was shitting in his nappies. The term straight edge was coined in the mid 80s by the band minor threat and grew to prominence all Punk did was encourage some followers who don't understand the principle rather just trying to be cool.

Sorry bro didn't know how it began I thought he just made it up with a bunch of people he was with one day. Not completely sure.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
This report is false. I was doing some crystal meth with CM Punk just last week.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Report On Whether CM Punk's "Straight Edge" Lifestyle Is Genuine

Dolph'sZiggler said:
This report is false. I was doing some crystal meth with CM Punk just last week.

Vouch for user, we also did shots

Dolph'sZiggler said:

Vouch for user, we also did shots

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter whether Punk is straight edge or not in real life, but I think he is. Not sure.

Reaction score
I think CM punk really is straight edge. I've never thought it was fake at all.....

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
TheShowoffChick said:
I think CM punk really is straight edge. I've never thought it was fake at all.....

This, I never questioned his straight-edge lifestyle. Only reason this is being brought up is because of Y2J. But I wouldn't be surprised if he really is not and its just a gimmick.