Reinvent the US Championship.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Right, Santino is currently champion but he's in no feud for the belt and hasn't defended it in ages, what would you do to reinvent this division? Who would you bring up into the division, who would you perhaps bring down?

Please be as detailed as possible. Story-lines, how often it's defended, will it be defended at PPV's, how many RAW's will it be defended on if ever, the superstar who holds it, the superstar who takes it, etc etc.

Let's do this. Let's show creative how it's done.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Starting off as Santino as champion. I'd involve him around matches just until before Summerslam to reinvent the United States championship matches. So, basically I'd have him defeat a few superstars and continue his segments as he has been doing. So, getting into this it'd go along the lines of this:

I'd have him be put in the Money In The Bank match and have say Micheal Cole hint out that he hasn't defended the championship and make a joke out of him and say how can this guy be champion for so long while Booker T and Jerry try and back Santino up and hint out the length of his title rain. With this hints it'll actually make people aware of it and have Santino close to winning the Money In The Bank match but have Wade Barrett win, obviously.

The next RAW after the Money In The Bank paperview have a segment Wade Barrett's music hits and he talks about how he won the Money In The Bank and talks about he might go for the WWE Championship, but then again hints how he might go for the World Championship and claims that he can win any title but it's his decision on what title he will go for and that he'll wait for the right time.

Santino's music hits and talks about how he has been champion and still is a champion and talks about how Wade Barrett's never won a belt in his career. Santino goes onto how he was close to winning the Money In The Bank. This will lead onto a matchup on RAW as a Money In The Bank rematch. Wade Barrett would win clean and he get's the Money In The Bank briefcase and lift's it high above Santino's head while his music hits as his hand is raised in victory.

On the following SmackDown I'd have Drew Mcintyre cut a segment back stage with John Laurinaitis and say to him that he deserves better than this and that he should receive special benefits due to him being on the winning team on WrestleMania 28 and have him say that he should have a chance to prove that he does have what it takes. John Laurinaitis agrees and says that he was a great benefit on his team therefore granting him a match on RAW.

On the RAW Wade Barrett cuts a segment and thanks John Laurinaitis for giving him the opportunity to participate in the Money In The Bank Match. John Laurinaitis talks about how Wade Barrett is a great wrestler and how he out defeated several different wrestlers. Then goes onto saying that Santino deserves to be put in a match against his legal consular David Otunga for rudely interrupting the Money In The Bank winner.

In this match Drew Mcintyre is on commentary and talks about how he doesn't get any chances, yet an 'idiot' like Santino has been champion for a very long time and has been getting chances after chances. Micheal Cole backs up Drew and goes onto saying his past accomplishments. In this match Otunga is pretty much dominating and Drew makes a mockery out of Santino and says look how he's getting destroyed, etc. Santino ends up getting the victory and Drew Mcintyre goes on into the ring and destroys Santino. He then cuts a segment saying that he should be getting what he deserves and he goes onto saying that he's waited long enough and wants something to be done about it.

Next SmackDown have Drew walk into John's office and say 'YOU SEE WHAT I DID?' and have Johnny interrupt him, like 'woah, woah, woah.' 'I see what you did and I liked it. You will be facing Santino next week on RAW and if defeat him, you will get a United States Championship match.'

On this Monday Night Raw have Drew Mcintyre rip off the turnbuckle and the referee goes to fix it. Once he goes to fix it have Santino get low blowed by Drew Mcintyre which leads to him doing his finisher. This means that Drew wins the match and have Micheal Cole stand up and clap him on his victory while Jerry's says 'Sit down you idiot.'

Next SmackDown have him cut a promo where he talks about how he defeated Santino by any means necessary and he had to get the job done. Have Santino come out and they start brawling. Otunga comes out and says that he's been informed by John that these two cannot be brawling and that they'll be in a match. He also announces that he'll have a championship match at SummerSlam. Santino takes on Otunga and Drew takes on R Truth. Drew destroys R Truth and get's disqualified due to him repeatedly attacking him barbarically. Santino takes on Otunga and half way through the match Drew distracts Santino, while Santino connects his cobra on Drew to only turn around to Otunga. Otunga does his finisher and get's the job done. Otunga wins and says that Santino's all his to Drew. Drew does a vicious assault on him and lifts the championship high above his head.

Next week on RAW have a reply of what happened on the past SmackDown and have them on a tagteam match with R Truth and Santino vs Drew and Otunga. The match start's to pace up and near the end have Drew walk out because Santino tried to cobra him (Drew wasn't the legal man) but instead cobra's Otunga and get's the win. He gets on the mic and talks about how Drew's a coward.

SummerSlam:

Otunga and R Truth are on commentary and talk about how valuable the championship is, etc. Drew picks up the win cleanly and defeats Santino. He celebrates and is also greeted by Otunga. Otunga shakes his hand and they both walk off the stage.

Next RAW:
Drew becomes champion and Drew talks about how he only needed one more chance and that he'll be a defending champion and that he isn't scared of anyone. However, like him they'll have to earn everything and a earn a championship match.

-Santino works his way up in by defeating 2 superstars of Drew's choice. Drew starts attacking Santino after the match. (R Truth comes running out to help him and starts attacking Drew, then out comes Otunga and he attacks R Truth. Johnny comes out and says 'ENOUGH, this will be settled at Night Of Champions in a Fatal Four Way for he United States Championship.'

Reactions: Mmmbop and Xanth

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Awesome post, I love the concept. Even though I am an Otunga mark I wouldn't have him be there as it doesn't really raise the prestige. All that time/matches/promos = raising the bar, but if you don't have the star power it will only fail. I would say bring down ADR and make it relevant but to be honest he will never be put in the midcard, so I'd probably bring up Alex Riley to add some serious mic skill power to the mix. Of course, Riley would be heel. I'd then replace R-Truth with Rey Mysterio - sure it doesn't match but it's a big name which makes the championship spoken about. Eventually I'd have Rey winning at Summerslam.

Everything else was superb though.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Crayo said:
Awesome post, I love the concept. Even though I am an Otunga mark I wouldn't have him be there as it doesn't really raise the prestige. All that time/matches/promos = raising the bar, but if you don't have the star power it will only fail. I would say bring down ADR and make it relevant but to be honest he will never be put in the midcard, so I'd probably bring up Alex Riley to add some serious mic skill power to the mix. Of course, Riley would be heel. I'd then replace R-Truth with Rey Mysterio - sure it doesn't match but it's a big name which makes the championship spoken about. Eventually I'd have Rey winning at Summerslam.

Everything else was superb though.

That's a good idea, actually. Having Alex Riley to the mix with the mic would be awesome to that division. I wouldn't really mind seeing ADR and Rey in the United States division, however I'd rather them be a tag-team and them two being the one's who'd help make the tag-team division somewhat relevant, again, even if it's a little bit. However, I like the way you think, good alternative.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I suggested ADR and Rey teaming ages back but I don't see WWE doing it. Silly really since ADR can't get over as a heel and a slow face turn would be epic, with Rey being the guy to use to manoeuvre that. Not only would it help turn ADR entertaining, it'd reinvent the tag-team division.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Crayo said:
I suggested ADR and Rey teaming ages back but I don't see WWE doing it. Silly really since ADR can't get over as a heel and a slow face turn would be epic, with Rey being the guy to use to manoeuvre that. Not only would it help turn ADR entertaining, it'd reinvent the tag-team division.

Yes, exactly what I'm getting at. Rey should help turn ADR into a face which leads them onto tagging and becoming champions, in other words reinventing the tag division. I don't mind them being in the US division it's just that I'd also like to see something be done with the tag division.

What do you think of adding the following superstars to the current division:

Drew, Yoshi, Michael McGillicutty, Alex Riley, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, R Truth and Tyson Kidd.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Saylor said:
Drew, Yoshi, Michael McGillicutty, Alex Riley, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, R Truth and Tyson Kidd.

Yes:

-Heel Drew
-Heel or Face Riley
-Heel R Truth
-Face Tyson Kidd

Mixed with:

-Face Santino
-Face or Heel Sheamus
-Face or Heel ADR (if he can't be in tag-team div)
-Heel Kane
-Sin Cara
-Rey Mysterio

The bottom half would simply reinvent the division because of the names.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Crayo said:
Yes:

-Heel Drew
-Heel or Face Riley
-Heel R Truth
-Face Tyson Kidd

Mixed with:

-Face Santino
-Face or Heel Sheamus
-Face or Heel ADR (if he can't be in tag-team div)
-Heel Kane
-Sin Cara
-Rey Mysterio

The bottom half would simply reinvent the division because of the names.

The bottom list is a pretty solid list, it would really help out. I would say have Sheamus as a heel and turn ADR into a face, basically switch them around.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'd have Santino hold it and continue his reign for now. Yes, it's crap, but it's just temporary. While that happens, I'd try to build up Lord Tensai by having his matches more quick paced and make him beat stars higher on the card (Kofi, Truth, Ryder, maybe even Khali, for Tensai to chokebomb him and make him look strong).

If he gets over, start a feud with him against Santino: after Santino beats, lets say, Jack Swagger, Tensai attacks him with that claw thing he does after matches. Then, have Tensai win a one on two handicap match against... hum... Tatsu and Ryan, The Usos, IDK. Santino is wrestling Otunga, when Tensai interferes throwing salt on his face and David wins. Johnny comes out and makes Tensai the #1 contender for the US Championship for... Over the Limit, if it goes on this pace. The Raw before the PPV, Tensai and Swagger vs Santino and Kofi. Santino pins Swagger, Tensai attacks Santino and Kofi, chokebombs both, attacks Jack for getting pinned and does the claw thing on Marella again.

PPV: Tensai dominates the match for the most part and Santino makes his sequence at the end (punches, hip toss, headbutt) and goes for the Cobra. Either LT no sells it or sells but kicks out at two, either one is the same thing. Bicycle kick, Baldo Bomb, Santino can't continue. Tensai wins the United States Championship.

The Raw after the PPV (last one after house show on Brazil, btw) Lord Tensai grabs the mic for the first time. He rants about how the US fans treated him like crap and got him nothing, then he went to Japan and became huge there, how the japanese fans are more supportive, things like that. He then throws the US belt away and reveals a custom made Japanese Championship. The next week, he beats someone and is attacking them post match (Santino's rematch?) until Brodus Clay saves the face. This starts a feud between Tensai and Brodus for the title that goes on until Money in the Bank.

:tensai:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
That's quite an awesome storyline to be honest. Tensai needs to be used properly and he's a good monster worker, but I don't think he should belong in the main-event. Santino going up against a monster will just get him even more over than he already is. Tensai will get more heat naturally as he's feuding with Santino who is getting so many cheers atm.

Brodus vs Tensai for the US championship would be epic.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Brodus vs Tensai would be a great feud for the United States Championship, would definitely give more recognition to that division thus making it more relevant.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Thanks guys, nice to see you liked the idea. Would probably help everyone involved.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Great, great stuff, you guys are brilliant.

I'd add some stipulations to just give some meaning to the belt. For example...
-Holding the belt guarantees you either a match or a promo segment on Raw every week.
-While holding the belt, you can't compete for any other titles.
-The person holding the belt makes 1.5 times as much money per match. (Kayfabe reason for the superstars to care)
-The belt must be defended at each PPV, and if you defend it at 6 straight PPV's, then you get a WWE/WHC shot at the PPV of your choice in the next year.