Randy Orton talks WWE return, injury recovery, more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Randy Orton shared details of the struggles he faced prior to getting spinal surgery.

Orton joined Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast speaking about his spinal fusion surgery, saying he's here for the rest of his life.

“I’m going to be here for the rest of my life,” he told Paul. “This is me. I’m not moving on to Hollywood. I love what I do. I just had eighteen months off with spinal fusion. I was kind of faced with the fact that I wouldn’t be able to do this again, so it’s like I have a second lease on my career here and I’m not going to take a day for granted.”

Orton also talked about the issues he faced prior to his spinal fusion surgery.

“I changed a lot of stuff in these last eighteen months. I had a lot of ailments. I couldn’t stand for a couple of minutes without pain shooting down my legs. When I sat down, I had a disc that was slipping every time I would bend...it would suck.”

Recounting his time with Matt Riddle as RKBro, Orton credited Riddle for being there with him as a team while he was struggling physically just prior to taking time off to heal.

“That last year I had to leave because of that I tagged with former WWE star Matt Riddle. I have to give him props because that year we tagged together...I was not able to be in that ring without someone like him. He was able to take the brunt of the physicality, he’d tag me at the end, I do my s***. If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have made it that far. I had some great doctors, they fixed me up right.”

After being gone for over a year, Orton made his return at Survivor Series last month as part of Cody Rhodes’ team, helping them defeat Drew McIntyre and The Judgment Day in a WarGames match.

Reactions: Jimmy King