Random Thought/Joke of the Day

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Renting games was so underrated. We've pretty much regressed in that sense. I feel like demos aren't really a thing anymore, it's either buy the whole game or tough luck. At least in the UK. I think US still has Redbox. I don't know about you guys, but dropping full price on a game just isn't for me anymore. I'll choose maybe 1-2 games the whole year that actually really interest me, and even then I extensively research them and wait for reviews so I don't waste my money.

Yeah, I normally get games on sale. A game has to really draw me in for me to get it... or I just gotta be a dumbass and drop 50 bucks on damn 2K20 when I knew it was gonna be horrible lol. At least the new DBZ game was worth it for me. But yeah I wish they had ways to digitally rent games. So games do have a trial which I’m thankful for, but I wish all games had that. Like we didn’t realize how great we had it back in the day of renting games.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I remember when downloadable demos first became a thing and I was like hey this is lit bc you could fuck around with friends on sports game demos for a while before you got bored and thought about buying the full game...guess the game industry learned that as well :pour

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Random thought:

Never trust @Chris to have you finish a tournament and then come back to do the next one. :side:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Random thought:

Never trust @Chris to have you finish a tournament and then come back to do the next one. :side:

No one forced you to run the next tournament after you so heroically finished the other half of the horror movie one :draper2

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Staff fights

:eating

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Staff fights

:eating

I just hope people aren't getting wise to my plan of starting things I think the site could use and then passing them off to other staff when I get "too busy" after a little while 8D

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I just hope people aren't getting wise to my plan of starting things I think the site could use and then passing them off to other staff when I get "too busy" after a little while 8D
Its called delegating ....real leaders do it

Reactions: Vegeta and Chris

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I think Social Media was one of the worst things to happen to the world. The internet is great, old school forums like these are great, but sites like Twitter & Facebook are the absolute worst. People don't look at you anymore, because they are so busy looking at their phones. With social anxiety, it's hard enough as it is trying to start a conversation, but even harder because so many people are like this now:

"Go on...I'm listening.."

eb755068f24fcf5de0c8e8dfd319ac14.jpg

I shit you not, I had a counsellor for months and even he did this from time to time when I was talking about something really personal and hard to talk about, so it made me want to open up even less. It made me wonder why I'm even bothering with the sessions.

• Sad
Reactions: Chris and Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think Social Media was one of the worst things to happen to the world. The internet is great, old school forums like these are great, but sites like Twitter & Facebook are the absolute worst. People don't look at you anymore, because they are so busy looking at their phones. With social anxiety, it's hard enough as it is trying to start a conversation, but even harder because so many people are like this now:

"Go on...I'm listening.."

eb755068f24fcf5de0c8e8dfd319ac14.jpg

I shit you not, I had a counsellor for months and even he did this from time to time when I was talking about something really personal and hard to talk about, so it made me want to open up even less. It made me wonder why I'm even bothering with the sessions.

That bottom part really pissed me off. He's being paid to listen to and help you out, and his ass is busy on his phone while you're opening up? That is some bullshit on his part to do. :smh I'd look at my phone when he ask for his money for the day. "oh what, huh what was that?"

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
That bottom part really pissed me off. He's being paid to listen to and help you out, and his ass is busy on his phone while you're opening up? That is some bullshit on his part to do. :smh I'd look at my phone when he ask for his money for the day. "oh what, huh what was that?"

It really pissed me off. I wanted to say something but I hate confrontation and I just keep things to myself. When I told him I didn't want to do the sessions anymore he seemed really confused. I just think it's so rude because I was so quiet the first couple of times I went to see him and he knew how hard it was for me to talk about some things, and then to look at his phone. It made me sink even lower, I haven't really talked to anyone since then.

One thing I'm glad about with myself is my ability to listen, considering I've always been really quiet and anxious, I love listening to people talk about themselves because it keeps the attention from me. I weirdly think I'd be good at listening to others with similar problems as me, even though I couldn't give advice because I haven't figured myself out.

Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
It really pissed me off. I wanted to say something but I hate confrontation and I just keep things to myself. When I told him I didn't want to do the sessions anymore he seemed really confused. I just think it's so rude because I was so quiet the first couple of times I went to see him and he knew how hard it was for me to talk about some things, and then to look at his phone. It made me sink even lower, I haven't really talked to anyone since then.

One thing I'm glad about with myself is my ability to listen, considering I've always been really quiet and anxious, I love listening to people talk about themselves because it keeps the attention from me. I weirdly think I'd be good at listening to others with similar problems as me, even though I couldn't give advice because I haven't figured myself out.

That's me 100%. Like, I'm not giving good advice a lot of times, surely with stuff to do with all of this, but I'm a great listener with it and fully understand them.

I was the same way back when I went and talked to people for my anxiety and other issues. At first I didn't really talk much and it took a lot to get me to open up and be myself. Thankfully for me it was before Social Media blew up and people was always on their phones and just not caring. I don't blame you for not wanting to go back after that, it just really is no point if he's not going to give you his full attention.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
That's me 100%. Like, I'm not giving good advice a lot of times, surely with stuff to do with all of this, but I'm a great listener with it and fully understand them.

I was the same way back when I went and talked to people for my anxiety and other issues. At first I didn't really talk much and it took a lot to get me to open up and be myself. Thankfully for me it was before Social Media blew up and people was always on their phones and just not caring. I don't blame you for not wanting to go back after that, it just really is no point if he's not going to give you his full attention.

I used to get my friends always asking me for relationship advice back in School. Which was so fucking weird, but it's because I'm the only one that would listen to them. It was weird because my friends knew I never really had a girlfriend and I had the least experience with girls, I'm still a virgin today and I still get them asking me for advice at times. I've dated only a couple of girls in my life growing up, I guess three but it was barely a relationship. Yet they still asked me for advice and I guess I was weirdly good at giving it? :stephena3

Reactions: Vegeta

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Does anyone have a blog? My creative juices are flowing, but, I’m just not sure what the best blogging site is. I don’t want to pay for shit, and, I want one that can include pictures. I looked in to wix, but, wanted to see if anyone had one.

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Its been a couple of years since I used them, but Wordpress was excellent (lots of templates) and I was always a fan of the simplicity of Blogger too.

I preferred Wordpress because it had templates and so was easier to customise, but I'd recomend both - they're both nice to write in, both allow videos/ images to be posted and both have the tag system to link posts together.

Last edited: