Rampage turns down fight with Machida, and will fight Evans instead...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Rampage is going to be the highlight of TUF 10! Looks like Machida vs. Shogun is going to be done now.

xtremebadass

Shogun vs. Machida? That sounds like a great match up, Machida will win however, that one is pretty obvious.

Now, getting on the topic of TUF10: Team Rampage vs. Team Evans, that is going to take off. What a season that should be. UK vs. US is alright, I still haven't really gotten into it as much as the other seasons, but the show will definitely rebound with Rampage vs. Evans. What a war that will be!

J

Awesome stuff, You can tell how much Rampage wants to rip his head when he turns down aa title fight. I can't wait for this I was hopin Rampage would be the one to shut Evans up but since that already happened we can still hope Rampage smashes him.

xtremebadass

Rampage would have screwed himself over if he ends up losing to Evans though, there would be no title shot for him. He had a guarenteed title shot with Machida, but turned it down for Evans, so if he loses to Evans, Evans would be ahead of him in line for the shot.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Just think about the media going crazy for this when the press conference between Evans and Rampage is gonna happen. Actually for me, this one of my biggest dream matches for a LONG time. It's just too hard to tell who could actually win this fight between Evans and Rampage. I'm a fan of both of these guys, so it's gonna suck for me to see who loses.

xtremebadass

But it's also a win-win situation at the same time. You don't have to stress out if you favorite loses because both are your favorite.

Same for me if it would have been the Penguins and Blackhawks for the Stanley Cup until the Red Wings took a dump on everything.

This fight will be Crazyily McAwesome

Switchy

Reaction score
This is great. Rashad and Rampage as coaches should make TUF even better but I reckon Rampage will make the better coach, Rashad's cockyness and shit just seem like they'll hold him back as a coach if you ask me but hell he may prove me wrong.

As for their fight, no matter who wins, it will be one hell of a match. Either man could win but I see Rashad ultimately coming out with the win. XBA makes a good point though, Rampage Jackson's title shot could disappear unless he's requested some special clause or something like that which is unlikely.

Rua Vs Machida? This match is either going to be an epic, or will end in the 1st round imo. Rua still hasn't fully convinced me he is the Rua of old back when he was in Pride and despite beating Liddell, I say it was only a decent performance agaisnt a 39 year old man. Rua will seriously need to up his game if he hopes to last more than a round against Machida.

MikeRaw

Shogun won't win against Machida, but I feel he can give him a good run. If he goes into like 3 or 4 rounds with Machida, he can prove that he's for real. People are still doubting him after his win over Liddell, which is fine, but even if he doesn't beat Machida, a strong showing would show he's a top LHW.

xtremebadass

I don't think a win over Liddell, at his current stage in his career, means much at all lol.

Wordlife

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!! MY DREAM FIGHT HAS COME TRUE!

MikeRaw

I don't think a win over Liddell, at his current stage in his career, means much at all lol.

Chuck Liddell was still a tough guy at any time. He's far past his prime now, but beating him isn't a "nothing" accomplishment. It's still a victory over Liddell. Shogun still has quite a bit to prove though.

Wrestling Station

I think Evans will win it. Rampage I think is scared from facing Machida. Why would he turn this opportunity? If he was confident enough, he would have had the title then he can let Evans challenge him for the title later.

Rampage is an idiot.

Exxon

Reaction score
Crazy to turn down a title fight. Why not take the Machina fight (assuming Rampage wins) and THEN face Evans as your first defence. Now, if he loses to Evans, there goes his title fight.

Although, I can see Machida holding that belt for quite awhile anyways.