Question for Everyone

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I was thinking about this heavily, and I believe it makes more sense, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion on the matter.

Given the price that we pay for Wrestlemania and the quick turnaround into another PPV just 3-4 weeks after the "Showcase of the Immortals," do you think it would be better for WWE to wait until mid to late May before holding another pay per view? I feel like they just rush into the pay per view after Wrestlemania to get some more buys, but it really hurts the card quality and potential to get more buys by building tremendous hype. Personally, I know I won't buy Extreme Rules for the simple fact that Wrestlemania is going to have an effect on my cable bill more than I want it to, but I chose to make the purchase. I just feel that if they waited longer for the pay per view after Wrestlemania, it will give people time to get their money right in order to buy a worthy pay per view that has had substantial build and a worthwhile card top to bottom. Then again, you can argue that WWE should hold pay per views every two months for the same purpose. Just want to get some opinions on this...

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I agree it would be more beneficial to extend their post-Mania PPV out at least until everyone has time to pay their bill for WrestleMania. I can't really elaborate on the point, as you basically hit all the major points, though I'd argue that Lesnar vs. Cena hasn't suffered a lack of hype despite the short intermission between WM and Extreme Rules.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Really the only reason to wait is due to the bill that everyone's gonna get. Unfortunately not everyone is rich and doesn't have the money to spend 80 dollars over a month. But as for the hype, I think all the ER matches have been hyped well

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
The matches have pretty good hype considering it's pretty much WM part 2, with the exception of Rock. I feel kind of ambivalent toward the whole concept of having the ppv after WM be a bunch of WM rematches. I was always under the assumption as a fan that Wrestlemania is the culmination of feuds, but it almost seems as if it is treated like a middle point.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The matches have pretty good hype considering it's pretty much WM part 2, with the exception of Rock. I feel kind of ambivalent toward the whole concept of having the ppv after WM be a bunch of WM rematches. I was always under the assumption as a fan that Wrestlemania is the culmination of feuds, but it almost seems as if it is treated like a middle point.

In some ways, extreme rules is better than WM because of the stipulations

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
The thing is, some people want fresh matches, and sometimes adding a stipulation won't benefit the same match that happened a few weeks ago. But, if I can order Extreme Rules (with the same matches as WM), and the quality is overall better, then I'll be pissed that I watched WM in the first place. I understand that Wrestlemania is the biggest event of the year and all, but sometimes it doesn't deliver. It makes more sense to have the feuds end at WM instead of continuing them past WM.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
yeah I think Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus will be better now than it was a few weeks ago. But that's just my opinion

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Oh it most definitely will, especially considering how much backlash WWE has gotten for WM's 18 second bullshit. Bryan is more over than ever, I doubt WWE will screw the fans again, but I never say never when it comes to how they run things sometimes.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I guarantee that the first fall will be the same as WM. Watch

Starlight

I havent ordered a PPV in years Lol, but yeah I happen to agree with you C.