Pulse Pro-Wrestling 2012 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony & Discussion Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
[Inside a large plaza packed with a sold-out crowd, somewhere in Manhattan, New York, the Pulse Pro-Wrestling Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is set to begin. A large set is adorned in electric blue colors and prestigious golden accents as the Pulse Pro-Wrestling Hall of Fame logo sits adjusted on the largest monitor in the building.]

2qml0fs.png

[Members of the audience include Fuji Vice, twirling his long curling black mustache as the camera pans across he and Misses Lo Pan sitting at their table. Professor Booty has come adorned in his nicest linen suit, with a loud green tie covered in rad phrases, screaming party animal, but at the same time projecting a sophisticated appearance. Troy, with his adorable niece in tow has also found his way to the festivities and has checks his pearly whites in a serving spoon as the camera candidly flashes on him. The Linebacker can be found at the bar, relaxing with Catfish Billy. The two have made the decision to wear British schoolboy-like outfits, complete with brown trousers and sweater vests. Meanwhile, Apex Predator has apparently lured ViperRKO into a back alley and shut the door on him. With his faded denim jeans and snazzy polo shirt adorned, he holds the door closed as a frantic Viper attempts to heave it open. B-Lazy is getting high in the bathroom and Castiel is playing a round of Pokemon with Swinny, while Brandon blogs on his smart phone. Mitch is having his way with some cocktail shrimp and Crimson Tide is wrecked on wine coolers and hand jobs, as he relaxes in the front row with his button-up shirt open, exposing his un-groomed chest hairs which possess old popcorn and old ice cream. His eyes possess bags the size of Pamela Anderson’s chest and it’s quite apparent he is not aware of his surroundings. In the meantime, W-olf can be seen trying to adjust his clip-on tie in the reflection off of the screen door which welcomes guests to the event. Heavy Metal Carebear is climbing out of her old Volvo, opting not to go with a traditional long-dress and instead wearing some high heel boots and a lavish sundress (not in a skanky way at all, might I add). Trent is seen outside trying to buy drug paraphernalia off of Chaka Krim who is caught off guard by the cameras and quickly stuffs his collection of pipes and syringes back into his coat. Death Dealer is joined by Juliet Brooks for this occasion as the friends enter the doors together, trying to convince the world that they are fancier than they might actually be. Swamps decided to go Full Metal Jacket and sits in the corner of the plaza, curled up with a rifle in hand, mumbling something about al-Qaeda. The remaining non-A-listers are forced to share a table in the opposite corner where they talk about life without orange, red, green, black, or purple usernames. Horrorfan has dawned his favorite Ricky Steamboat shirt and complimented it with a sports coat, while Rick Grimes decided to go all out with a bright white tuxedo. The two speak of some fantasy land called ‘WC’ and eat cheesy pizza which they brought to the event with them from the local Pizza Hut. Porkchop Express and Jay Dee elect to entertain one another with a friendly game of rock, paper, scissors as they await the beginning of the ceremony.]

[Finally, the lights dim and a voiceover announces the beginning of the spectacle and introduces tonight’s host for the induction ceremony, the incomparable one… The EC! “We Are Young†by fun. Featuring Janelle Monae gives way to the event’s host who comes out onto the broad stage, where a podium is fastened, along with an intricate, transparent, crystal-like table of some sort with nine divided sections on them. Clearly, this table is meant for the placement of trophies or plaques that will commemorate the inductees that will be initiated tonight. The EC, along with his four-piece suit and glimmering cufflinks approaches the stand and takes a piece of paper out the front pocket of his jacket, meant to hold a handkerchief traditionally. He unfolds the paper and clears his throat, looking up at the crowd.]

The EC - “Welcome one and all to the inaugural, 2012 Pulse Pro-Wrestling Hall of Fame induction ceremony! I pitched this idea to a board of associates several long months ago, and the idea was adopted and this beautiful museum and venue was constructed to forever house those who are lucky enough to receive induction into these hallowed halls by the Pulse committee of Hall of Fame experts. I see some of you out here tonight as a matter of a fact. Anyways, this Pulse Pro-Wrestling Hall of Fame Memorial Building was built right here in the heart of New York for good reason. The location was selected because it was a true proving ground for wrestlers in the early years. It’s where many men made their name and where WWE began its own meteoric rise to global prominence. This is a city with more wrestling history than any other in the world, so could we have a round of applause for the men and women of the Manhattan Chamber of Commerce, as well the Mayor and Governor for allowing us the permission to build this landmark building here!â€

[The audience complies with cheers and hand-clapping.]

The EC - “Yes, wrestling in America was birthed here, and over time, it expanded to new regions and wrestling became a different entity altogether. What was once meant to be a brawny sport for stern muscle men with planks for faces eventually adopted a showman-friendly policy where you could not only compete in legitimate competition but also show off your charisma. The wrestling world is still an ever-changing monster and though many men will come and go in this business, those worth merit WILL be enshrined into this fine establishment, after all, that’s why we’re all here right?â€

[Slight chants for wrestlers and the Hall of Fame.]

The EC - “Well, it’s quite apparent that in this business, the way you portray yourself and the aura you project can make or break a competitor. Some men have been sour in their approach, and have been brick walls, deciding not to cater to the fans’ need for entertainment, and rather do things for the sake of making a name for themselves at all cost. But not all men are like that. Some men have characters too large to be expressed by a casual outward appearance. Their persona must be exercised in a way that allows for the absolute impelling of their character. Their persona even becomes much too large of a monster on its own, and it becomes more than part of a person. It becomes that person. No such superstar throughout history is a better example of having too much personality to be held in than the man who I am about to induct. He couldn’t live his true character to the fullest until he BECAME his character and slathered face pain on himself. Ladies and gentlemen this is man who defined an entire legacy and franchised a promotion that had a snowball’s chance in hell at one point. Please give it up for the very first induction into Pulse Pro-Wrestling Hall of Fame, Class of 2012, The Icon -â€

STING!

[A large image of Steve Borden aka Sting appears across the multiple screens poised in the background. First of the ‘surfer’ Sting gimmick. After a moment, this image melts down into ‘crow’ Sting circa 1996, and then Wolfpac Sting, and ends on an image of modern Sting. The EC raises high a plaque for Sting, upon his induction into the Hall of Fame.]

ileibb.png

The EC - “The one they call Sting is a true Icon in this sport. He’s a man that came from nothing and turned into something, fighting and shouting his entire way up. He reached the top of the mountain long ago and never fell off in route to winning about a dozen championships throughout his career with his number of reigns equaling next to 30. He has been described by opponents ranging from the likes of Vader to Samoa Joe as one of the most versatile human beings on planet earth as well as one of the most remorseless, yet passionate men in the business. It is my honor to be able to announce Sting as the first member of the Pulse Pro-Wrestling Hall of Fame Class of 2012, inducted into the Renaissance Wing of the Hall! Congratulations, Sting!â€

[The crowd feverishly claps for the man, myth, and legend that is “The Icon†Sting. The EC walks over and slides the plaque of Sting into the first available slot on the glimmering table and claps it up for the man as well. We then fade to a video tribute of Sting, setting up an intermission.]

[video=youtube;UNKfSPFuYtA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNKfSPFuYtA[/video]​

Reactions: 1 person

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
You guys CAN comment on this. You know this right? I don't care that all the inductions aren't together, let's get some feedback going folks!

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I didn't vote for him and think their are much more deserving...but congrats Steve

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Sorry EC, I was busy working on my PPV for tomorrow but I just read the whole thing and I have to say, excellent work. Outside of the obvious honour of Sting going in, I really enjoyed that entire opening spiel about all the members and was happy to see everyone included in their own special way. Things like this really separate Pulse from other forums and so its nice to see the efforts paying off. I thought you gave a nice intro and said some great words about Sting.

A question. Any chance you'd get some of the other members here to induct certain individuals or are you going to handle all of them yourself?

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
I am pretty fancy. Stinger FTW.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Thanks Fuji, Booty, and DD.

A question. Any chance you'd get some of the other members here to induct certain individuals or are you going to handle all of them yourself?

Well, Booty does know who at least one of the other inductees is so I was considering bringing him in for that one. Otherwise, I don't want to spoil anything. Even if one member knows, I think it hurts the overall feel of it. I'm really conflicted on that, because I really want to get some fresh commentary from other places, but I have a hard time disclosing entrees to other people before they occur. That's one reason why I actually sought out some fellow wrestling fans that don't post on these forums (some don't post on forums at all) to get some testimonies for the Platinum induction, due for induction right before Mania goes on air. Other than that, I haven't sold myself on letting other people get involved, but I would love for some people to. I'm going to have to consider it, and may get one or two people involved in the induction of the tag team, on-air figure, or the Platinum induction. I think I'll probably take full control over the basic inductions in the different classes.

Also, since Sting has now been inducted, I should mention that someone else in the renaissance class got more votes than him, so he isn't the cream of that particular crop. I'm going to induct the guys who got the fewer votes in their class first, and then announce the ones who got the most votes in the class, since there are two inductees.

And I should also mention that one man who got voted for the Golden Age class, won the Platinum class. Therefore, he won't be inducted into the Golden Age class this year, and I'll skip to the person with the third most votes in that category.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
And I'll tell you...I wrecked that shrimp cocktail. Oh yes I did.

And good induction of Sting.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I can see me and Billy getting considerably more sloshed as the inductions go on.

Didn't vote for Sting personally, but a worthy induction nonetheless.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
[We’re back in the Pulse Pro-Wrestling Hall of Fame Memorial Arena in Manhattan, New York following the short intermission that followed the induction of Sting. For some odd reason, The One & Only and Kellie have just arrived. One has to assume they were too busy taking photos of the big-named guests to enter the building earlier. But that’s neither here nor there. Apex Predator has allowed ViperRKO into the building, but unfortunately, it’s standing room only, and Viper is forced to pout, while standing, in the corner, next to Swamps as he clutches his assault rifle. Fuji orders some Cristal for he and his wife as he awaits the next induction. The waiter rushes to get his order as the voiceover re-introduces The EC as he makes his way to the stage once more.]

The EC - “Once again I’d like to congratulate Sting for his induction. But the festivities are just now getting underway, and we’ve got another induction due for right now. This man, like Sting faced the issue of trying to express his personality to the fullest extent. Sting made the decision to show off his personality through his face paint, once showing off bright colors to express his energy, and later adopting darker colors to evoke emotions of fear and mystery from his opponents and the fans. This man however, used both his words and his fists to show people he meant business. With a fire in his soul, this red faced brawler exploded into rants and raved on about his opponents, and often times, his sweltering raves could turn into irate rampages. When he first appeared, many doubted his abilities, until he proved to them that there were more zesty than he! To prove his points, this man would go as far as busting beer bottles over his head, and busting things over other people’s heads too. Famously, a coconut. I’m sure you all know who I’m talking about so with no further stalling, I’m proud to induct into the Golden Age wing of the Pulse Pro-Wrestling Hall of Fame, class of 2012, The Hot Rod…â€

“ROWDY†RODDY PIPER

[Piper is shown in photos upon the big screen, wrestling everyone from his archrivals of Hulk Hogan, Greg Valentine, and Jimmy Snuka to lesser rivals, including Adrian Adonis and Chavo, Sr. The EC reaches below the podium and holds Piper’s commemorative plaque high in the air as the attendants of the event pay their respects to the so-called “Hot Scotâ€.]

504aw8.png

The EC - “I’m so proud to say that Roddy Piper is now a member of THIS Hall of Fame. This man is still going strong and even though his entire career was an on and off, up and down rollercoaster, no one will EVER say that Roddy Piper was not one of the very best at what he did, which was drawing heat. And just as he could get an entire city wanting to run him out of town, he could also draw more sympathy, and more admiration than anyone else in the business! As a wrestler he was the ultimate puppet master and as much as he could toy with the emotions of the fans, he too could play mind games with his opponents better than anyone too. Coining such phrases as “Just when they think they’ve got all the answers, I change the questions†makes Piper one of the most memorable and respectable men in the history of wrestling. Give it up for Piper!â€

[All the fans give it up to the wildly popular Scotsman. Heavy Metal Carebear is so overcome that she faints upon the induction of easily her favorite wrestler ever. She is caught upon her faint by The Linebacker who has returned to his seat, near HMC. He questions what to do with the flaccid body of the female, and opts to allow her to drop to the tile floor, shrugging his shoulders upon doing so. His identically dressed buddy, Catfish Billy ignores the commotion as he crams kabobs into his pockets. A video tribute of Hot Rod rolls once more setting up an intermission.]

[video=youtube;tFbkbJKpmEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFbkbJKpmEo[/video]​

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
now I do love this induction....great stuff

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
The next two inductions will happen tomorrow. Got caught up in Raw tonight, plus I'm too tired now to pump it out, so one wil go up afternoon-ish and one other later in the night. Thanks for the participation so far, folks.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
[The fans in attendance clap as Roddy Piper’s highlight fades. The EC claps and then also slides The Rowdy One’s plaque into its respective slot on the table. In the midst of the intermission, Booty tried to keep himself entertained, so he decided to open his laptop and write a 29-page show for his BTB in the three spare minutes he had available. Troy’s neice spilled her dry Froot Loops all over the place, making Troy clean the cereal up. However, spotting Viper crowded in the corner, he called him over and made him clean up the mess, and also spit-shine his shoe. To reward Viper, he gave him a vacant seat at a nearby table. Finally, Viper was given basic human rights. Back on stage, The EC re-approaches the podium.]

The EC - “All I’ll say is that those two men are two great additions to our Hall of Fame. But, unlike the two men precluding him, our following induction would have laughed at the thought a brightly face-painted wrestlers and scheming Scots ruling the wrestling industry. For this man didn’t form his legacy off of his flash and flare, but rather made a career out of head to head, thick skulled competition. Back in his era, that was the only way to achieve popularity and reverence and almost none could supersede him in that area. The mid west was an original hearth for pro wrestling development and no one dominated that hotbed the way the very blue collar, very tough-skinned third inductee did. Representing the Pioneer Age wing of the 2012 Pulse Pro-Wrestling Hall of Fame, I give you -â€

FRANK GOTCH!

[Gotch’s images are shown on the screen like all others as many members of the audience rise to their feet to salute the early pro-wrestler upon this honor. The EC holds up his plaque as the fans cheer him on.]

{Plaque To Come}​

The EC - “Hailing from Iowa, Gotch grew up in the most rural area of the United States, but grew from a seedling to one of the most famous sporting superstars of the early 20th century. His career was highlighted by unlikely wins and his many great displays of tangible fortitude. His bouts could range from 20-minutes against less formidable opponents, to over 2 hours for those who could stand with him. But few times was Gotch ever beaten, setting him up for a 5-year reign on top of the world as The World Heavyweight Champion, defending against athletes from all walks, including the impeccable Stanislaus Zbyszko. His bouts with Georg Hackenschmidt will go down in history of some of the greatest of all-time and in short, this man is incomparable, in terms of not only skill, but ability, and despite some reports, personality. He stood for all the things America stood for. Strength, resilience, and valor have all been used in association with him and the nation he continued to entertain before, during, and after a Great Depression. He is the reason I could induct Roddy Piper and Sting, and the reason this building is here, and the reason this event is happening. Without Frank Gotch, American wrestling never could have been the same, so let us honor this great man who couldn’t have possibly missed out on being inducted into our Hall of Fame!â€

[The camera cuts to Death Dealer and Juliet Brooks as they slam their hands on their table and clap, making a commotion for the undeniable legend. Others wave their hats as EC slides his plaque into the table area and personally pays respect to Gotch. Cut to video..]

[video=youtube;vV3VRCEX1s8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV3VRCEX1s8[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Love the induction, not too happy about the basic human rights thing. And 2 people I put have made it in so far...nice.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
another good induction, great job on these man.