Phil Davis Injured Out of UFC 133 Mainevent

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Phil Davis has suffered an injury and has been forced to withdraw from his UFC 133 light heavyweight headliner against Rashad Evans.

MMAFighting.com reported the news Tuesday, and UFC President Dana White has since confirmed Davis’ withdrawal. This marks the second time Evans has been left without an opponent, as “Sugaâ€￾ was initially slated to face former training partner Jon Jones for the light heavyweight title at the Aug. 6 event before Jones withdrew with an injury.

This sucks. Really wanted to see what Davis could do against a top contender. Davis vs. Jones would have been off the charts if it happened.

Ortiz has been confirmed to take his place in the fight against Evans. Ortiz takes it on short notice after Machida asked for "Anderson Silva money" to fight it and Dana White said hell no. Huge opportunity for Ortiz, finishes Bader by submission when no-one gave him a chance and now if he wins here he gets a title shot. Should be a win for Evans but that is what I thought about Bader.

Davis supposedly won't require surgery just rest and some rehab.

Dademo

Reaction score
Lil Nog is out too and his fight will be scrapped from the card with Rich. Tito replaces Phil. Really injuries have been hurting cards lately and I can only hope they don't affect that stacked cards we're getting coming up this fall.