Ox Baxer passes away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Douglas "Ox" Baker, who worked all over professional wrestling's territory system and made a number of memorable appearances in film, including "I Like To Hurt People" and "Escape from New York", passed away overnight in Hartford, CT. He was 80 years old.

Baker's passing was not unexpected as he has been dealing with a number of health issues in recent months and had been using a wheelchair to get around over the summer, where he was inducted into the Mid-Atlantic Legends' Hall of Heroes.

I'll have more on Baker's life and career later today. He was one heck of a character on and behind the camera, and a hell of a nice man. On behalf of everyone associated with PWInsider.com, I'd like to express our deepest condolences to Baker's friends, family and fans.
R.I.P

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Obviously never saw him wrestle, but he kicked major ass in Escape from New York. RIP.

Joey

Reaction score
Ox Baker passes away at 80

20121108_OxBaker_642.jpg

Unfortunately i dont know much about Classic wrestling, or this guy, but I'm sure he will be missed greatly.

via WWE.com

WWE is saddened to learn that Ox Baker, a feared villain of the ring for more than three decades, passed away Monday morning at age 80. A 6-foot-5 behemoth from Waterloo, Iowa, Baker originally competed in WWWF in the late 1960s and became one of the most intimidating forces known inside the squared circle — both due to his unique look and devastating heart punch. Over the span of an impressive career, the big man traded blows with the likes of WWE Hall of Famers Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes and Harley Race.

Outside the ring, Baker also put the hurt on actor Kurt Russell as the brute played an appropriately savage warrior in the post-apocalyptic world of John Carpenter’s 1981 sci-fi classic, “Escape from New York.â€￾

WWE extends its condolences to Baker’s colleagues, friends and family.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Sad news never seen the guy in a match but have on the big screen. It's sad but he lived a long life even for a wrestler.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'm sure his tag team partner Superfly Jimmy Snuka is very upset about this :inferno:

all jokes aside the guy lived a long full life and had a ton of success other then that I don't have much to say cuz I have never seen any of his matches

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Fuck my promotion just lost a member.

Anyway, that guy is one tough and scary son of a bitch. R.I.P.

Swinny

Reaction score
Was I the only one who thought he was already dead? Definitely one of the most intimidating wrestlers, especially of that time, had a pretty terrifying look and like Fuji said he was a bad ass in Escape from New York. Also reading his wikipedia he was a contestant on the Price is Right in the 80's, man I hope that's on Youtube. :lol: R.I.P.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Also reading his wikipedia he was a contestant on the Price is Right in the 80's, man I hope that's on Youtube. :lol: R.I.P.
That it is...

[video=youtube;bcLfDM_Frq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLfDM_Frq4[/video]

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I just saw Ox on the price is right. He seems like a really nice guy