Ovince Saint Preux vs Glover Teixeira headlines UFC Fight Night in Nashville.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
mmafighting.com said:
Ovince Saint Preux is coming home to Tennessee.

The light heavyweight contender from Knoxville will take his next step up the light heavyweight ladder when he meets veteran Glover Teixeira in the main event of a UFC Fight Night event in Nashville on Aug. 8.

MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani broke the news of the bout on Wednesday's edition of UFC Tonight.

The 31-year-old Saint Preux (18-6) has won seven of his last eight bouts. The past two have been memorable finishes. On Nov. 8, he went to Brazil and needed just 34 seconds to stop Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. Then on the April 18 UFC on FOX card, Saint Preux was losing the first round to Pat Cummins, but caught a charging Cummins with a sneaky uppercut to knock him out and win the fight.

Teixeira (22-4), meanwhile, looks to get back on track after a rough year. Teixeira took a 20-fight WIN streak into his UFC 172 challenge to Jon Jones' light heavyweight belt, only to lose on 50-45 scores. He then dropped a one-sided decision to Phil Davis at UFC 179, and had to pull out of a planned February fight with Rashad Evans due to a knee injury.

Author: Dave Doyle (@davedoylemma)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This seem likes a great fight, both fighters are extremely well rounded and possess similar rough house like styles. Also both are really good at finishing opponents as well, I'm definitely looking forward to this fight.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
Based on the quote, it looks like Preux has momentum and Teixeira is looking to get back on the winning track. Teixiera's 20 fight win streak sounds unbelievable.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
There's been even more impressive streaks, Khabib Nurmagomedov (who unfortunately had to pull out of the Cerrone fight due to another blown out knee) is an undefeated fighter with 21 professional wins. With 6 of those coming in the octagon and even a win over current champ Rafael dos Anjos. I'm sure he'd probably be champ of that division if he could stay healthy.

I was pulling more for a Rampage/OSP match seeing as both fighters are from Tennessee and have quite of momentum where as I wanted to see Glover Teixeira fight Rashad Evans seeing as they were originally scheduled to fight last February. But then again, the door is also open for Rashad to face Alexander Gustafsson as well, that would be a damned good fight.

Last edited by a moderator: