Oops! TNA makes major oversight with talent contract

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Over the last few weeks, there's been a lot of talk circulating around AJ Styles, who's been with TNA since day one and is one of the most celebrated talents over the course of their 11 year run. Initially we did not report the rumor but as more and more people within the company are talking about it, it's become a story we have to address.

The story making the rounds is that Styles' contract is up in September (which is just a few weeks away) and that the two sides have yet to come to a new contract.

Obviously, this would not be the first time TNA has let a valued talent's deal expire (Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode both come to mind) before attempting to lock them up again.

However, what is insane about all this is that Styles has been the TNA poster boy since the company launched in June 2002. He was the nucleus of the original X-Division and grew into one of their best, most loyal performers, including taking part in the Styles vs. Joe vs. Chris Daniels bout that is considered the best TNA match of all time. Styles is one of a select few branded as a "TNA guy" similar to how Sting was seen as a "WCW guy" a generation ago.

The idea that TNA hasn't locked him in with about a month to go in his current deal is strange on a lot of levels - Styles' WWE counterparts would have been signed well before they were close to a deal expiring. The idea that they could put themselves into a situation where WWE could come in and swoop him up sounds ridiculous on paper, but all signs are that's the position TNA is putting themselves in.

Even odder is that TNA is in the midst of a big storyline with Styles, which will culminate on tonight's episode of Impact Wrestling.

As soon as we confirm more, we will update, but earlier today the following was posted on Styles' official Facebook page: "Where do fans want AJ Styles to be? TNA? WWE? ROH? Japan? Lots of options. Tough decisions."

Source(s): PWInsider
Looks like [MENTION=140]Olajuwon[/MENTION] might get his wish after all. :lol: TNA.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
When Styles leaves, I'll be the king of England. They always do this stupid tease shit. Devon kept saying he might go back to WWE but he came back to TNA. Kurt Angle did the same thing in the summer of 2012

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
When Styles leaves, I'll be the king of England. They always do this stupid tease shit. Devon kept saying he might go back to WWE but he came back to TNA. Kurt Angle did the same thing in the summer of 2012
There's a difference between teasing you're going to leave and the COMPANY itself failing to lock you into a contract.

Also I really believe Devon wants out, he probably keeps getting talked into doing another stretch by Bully.

Not to WWE, but I'm pretty sure he wants to leave wrestling altogether.

I don't necessarily believe Styles will leave, he's very loyal to TNA, but damn is this a dumb move on TNA's part when WWE is making bank on guys like Bryan and Punk.

The Viper

Reaction score
I just want one more match from AJ in ROH and PWG and I'll be gold. It would suck if he did decide to leave TNA since he's been there since day 1...literally, but if it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
TNA are idiots. A huge company doesn't let things come down to the last minute

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
- AJ Styles and TNA officials have been working on a new deal for a while now. They have yet to agree on a new deal but discussions are ongoing. There is a very real possibility that Styles will leave TNA and it likely will come down to money. Most people in TNA want AJ to stay but they will keep him only if it makes sense financially.

- Another wrestler facing a similar situation as Styles is Ken Anderson. Both sides are talking but the feeling is that it will come down to the wire.

Jesus Christ.

The Viper

Reaction score
TNA really needs to get their shit together. If they can't afford AJ Styles, who I'm sure would be pretty flexible, that's pretty bad. I don't think AJ wants to leave. I probably KNOW he doesn't wanna leave but if they're that bad financially, might as well get the flock out of there.

As for Anderson, if Orton forgave you, I suggest going back to the WWE, dying your hair blonde and going back to being called Mr. Kennedy. Thank ya kindly.