National Wrestling Alliance Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Yeah, I even mentioned in my review that I didn't care for the Thunder Rosa package. I don't think it helped things because she's not supposed to be a face and this package portrayed her as a major underdog face or what have you.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Maybe they're setting up for the face turn in case she gets too popular to be heel

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Maybe they're setting up for the face turn in case she gets too popular to be heel

I mean, I'd understand that, but not after she just formed a stable with a recently turned Marti Belle, and a returning Melina. It seems too soon to me.

DOPA

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Yeah, it's way too soon for her to be turning when they've just established this heel group with Marti and Melina.

I am interested in seeing whether or not Allison Kay actually gets cheered though I'll admit.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah, it's way too soon for her to be turning when they've just established this heel group with Marti and Melina.

I am interested in seeing whether or not Allison Kay actually gets cheered though I'll admit.

That is the Million Dollar Question for sure and I would say NWA needs more Faces if they keep this Latina group Heels. Vox isn't going to help her cause to keep that Women's Title that's for damn sure.

DOPA

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
That is the Million Dollar Question for sure and I would say NWA needs more Faces if they keep this Latina group Heels. Vox isn't going to help her cause to keep that Women's Title that's for damn sure.

Faces are outnumbered at the moment, wouldn't be surprised if more women get introduced down the line but I am enjoying overall how they are being booked and presented.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I could see Tessa Blanchard potentially coming over to NWA to make herself the de facto face of the Women's Division. Tessa/Rosa would be :homer:

Reactions: DOPA

DOPA

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
I could see Tessa Blanchard potentially coming over to NWA to make herself the de facto face of the Women's Division. Tessa/Rosa would be :homer:

Oh my lord! :trips8

That would be incredible. Really long shot though probably :mjcry. Most likely will stay with Impact with the push she's getting or will go to AEW with her father.

Would like to be wrong on this occasion though!

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

1575417787280.gif

I always liked him, especially as Bad News Barrett. I think he’ll be a good fit for NWA imo

nWo4Lyfe420

Banned
Reaction score
Gonna miss Corny. His commentary was one of my favorite things about the show. But Wade is about as good of a replacement as they could get.

DOPA

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
* The World title stuff was interesting with the choosing of referee's which were especially interesting with Aldis picking Tim Storm as his referee. The angle where did not show the number one contenders match due to either "conspiracy" as James Storm put it or because it wasn't legitimate as claimed by Aldis was also a nice touch. Good promos by them as well building up to the match. Should be a great main event.

* On top of that, the stuff with Kamille that has been going on for weeks leading up to the PPV tells me something is going to happen at the show and they really could go a number of ways with this. Especially with Aldis stating she won't be ringside with him at the main event, that is a key sign she'll be involved somehow.

* The Rock N Roll 9th title win was a real feel good moment and a shocker on initial response but then made sense as Wild Cards don't have an opponent and this was the biggest name they could face. It's a shame the build up to this was rushed as the rest of the tag team story really has been TV build only. The match was okay but the moment is what it will be remembered for. They'll have a rematch for the titles at Into the Fire and though usual wisdom convention says Rock N Roll retains as they just got the titles, I reckon Wild Card will win it right back at the PPV. I think this was more of a feel good/thank you moment for RnR, I can't see NWA keeping the belts on them for the long term with the amount of younger teams in the promotion.

* Good promo by Melina and a very good back and forth promo with her and Allisan Kay until predictably Marti Belle and my girl Thunder Rosa intervened and attacked Kay. Not a fan of the repeat angle but the promos were good and the intrigue is still there. The tag match should be good, I'm thinking Melina is partnered with Thunder Rosa as we've already seen Marti and Rosa team and Marti is the least prominent in the group. I hope this doesn't eventually lead to a Melina title run because I'd rather they build up Thunder Rosa who is money. They are still using her drums in the background for the ending of the segments she's in though which tells me they have plans for her. Here's to hoping.

* Speaking of repeat things: It feels as though unfortunately NWA have WWE syndrome because this is the 3rd time in 9 weeks Ricky Starks and Aaron Stevens have faced off. I wish they found a better way to get to Colt Cabana's challenger and what made even less sense is that even though Stevens won the number 1 contenders match and Starks lost, they are still both in the title match with no explanation. Very poor booking. I expect Colt to retain as he's just got the title.

* Biggest shock of the program goes to WADE FUCKING BARRETT being the replacement commentator for Cornette. I did not see that coming and it is a very good surprise. Great replacement, am looking forward to what he brings to the table and perhaps maybe he'll make an in ring return at some point too? Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Better show this week, some good feel moments and surprises. Good build to the world title match, some good promos. Matches could have been better particularly the first. They managed the out of studio segments a lot better this week and thankfully poor Joe Galley didn't feel too overexposed this time around.

Still not up there with previous episodes which is a shame to end what is dubbed the first season still on a little bit of a downer but still more positive than the shit show last week.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Here's the new episode for anyone interested, by the way. My review will come later.​

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Thoughts on the latest episode of Powerrr:

- It's the go home show before Into The Fire and we got lots of things to go through, lots of stories happening at the same time, and it's great to see a company focused on storytelling first. The biggest story of the night is the Rock & Roll Express vs. The Wild Card for the NWA World Tag Team Championships. For Rock & Roll, it's their last chance at challenging for the title, if they lose, they are no longer allowed to challenge for it, which adds extra spice in this story.

- We get the live crowd back, and this makes me happy, but they come to the single commentary box they had with Galli last week. I don't mind as much. This is the final week of Jim Cornette on commentary, and it's actually nice to see, even if he's only commentating the matches. Cabana vs. Starks. Aaron Stevens comes out and complains that he wants a title shot. He comes out with Question Mark, who is still over. Cabana basically goads Stevens into fighting Starks.

- Stevens vs. Starks, and Jesus Christ what is Stevens wearing? It's like a thong!!! :heston Stevens gets the first strike and even uses his scarf, but Starks comes back and spears Stevens, nearly getting the pinfall. Match ends with Stevens apparently getting injured? :maury NOPE! THE QUESTION MARK COMES OUT AND ATTACKS STARKS WHILE THE REF IS LOOKING AWAY!!!! Stevens steals the victory thanks to a very over TQM. Stevens played up the injury and fucking got the crowd madder than shit. Say what you will, Stevens and TQM make a good pairing.

- We get an exclusive interview with James Storm, he says he's ready for Nick Aldis, brings up the infamous Pop Up Event match, says there was a conspiracy theory against him. Storm says Aldis is "ducking" him. Brings up an unaired three-way #1 Contender's match. He says he called for Brian Hebner, the lead official, and asks a question eerily similar to Bret Hart to Earl Hebner, "Can I trust you?" Storm wants to put Aldis through hell. Pretty good promo overall.

- We get a TQM segment and I'm happy! He runs into Teddy Long and STEVIE RAY at a WrestleCade!!! Dude is fucking the most over guy in the company and I'm all for it.

- We get a Melina interview for the second week in a row, and Melina throws daggers immediately, says the Women's Division is a commercial break to her return. :TI: She mentions that since winning the title, it'll be the first time Alysin Kay will have to work for something. Out comes Alysin Kay, says she has no idea what she started. Kay says she's gonna smack the face off of her. Kay wants to fight, Melina does not, but she climbs on the ropes anyways. Marti Belle shows up and starts fighting Kay, followed by Thunder Rosa. Double team into a triple team and Kay is beat down.

- Rock & Roll Express promo, saying they hope it's one more championship, because it's the NWA. Old School wrestling is what they're about, and if people have a problem with it, nothing they can do about it. Professional wrestling is their life. Punky and Hoot say it's every man's dream to have one more shot at the championship.

- Aldis promo saying there's no proof to the conspiracy theory. Shows proof that Storm wasn't supposed to even be in the match between Drake and Kennedy, that he insinuated himself upon the match and that's why it never aired. Storm threw a hissy fit and got what he wanted, because Storm's such a little bitch, in essentiality. :TI: Aldis says, "We ain't in TNA anymore, James" :heston Mentions that, hey, you lost your championship to Cabana and now suddenly you want to become a World Champion? That's not how it works. From what we can see of the triple threat, it was a total wreck with outside interference abound. Aldis says the only reason Storm is getting a shot is because Aldis alone, not any accomplishment that Storm has made, but only because Nick wants to show him what a bitch he is. He mentions the phrase, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease", and that he's going to make Storm drown, drown in his own bullshit. Finally says his referee for the match at NWA Into The Fire, TIM STORM!!! :mark: The interviewer asks about Kamille, and he gets pissed, and says that Kamille's working on her own when she's not by his side, and since she's been a detriment lately, Kamille gets the night off at Into The Fire. I can almost tell the turn's coming for Kamille.

- Anti smoking and anti-tackling commercial. That's a thing.

- AND WE ARE HERE AT THE MAIN EVENT FOLKS!!! ROCK & ROLL EXPRESS VS. WILD CARD FOR NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS! Crowd chants "One More Time" forever, and they are over as fuck, the Rock & Roll are. Lock up starts and Lattimer pushes away Ricky cockily and hangs on the ropes like an asshole. Lattimer taunts Ricky more, but it bites him when Punky & Hoot stiff-arm him on an Irish whip. Gibson comes in and teaches Lattimer a few lessons in respect. Thom tags in Royce, who immediately gets stretched by Hoot. Royce powers out and beats the loving shit out of Robert. The second quarter of the match involves Wild Card beating down on Gibson as Punky looks on from the corner. Saw a spot that looked like somebody dropped a razor, and the ref kicked it away. 39:24 to 39:32 you could see Gibson drop a razor and the ref try to get it out of the ring. The little things in these matches. Gibson manages a comeback and GETS THE HOT TAG TO MORTON!!! MORTON SPOTS AND HE'S KICKING ASS!!! Everything devolves into one big schmoz, and Rock & Roll hit their finisher and ALMOST get the win. A great break-up by Royce. More schmoz spots AND THE ROCK & ROLL WIN VIA ROLE UP!!! OH MY GOD!!! ROCK & ROLL ARE CHAMPIONS FOR THE NINTH TIME!!! :mark: Jim Cornette runs into the ring and it's actually a genuinely touching moment, with the three of them embracing for what is, for all intents and purposes, their swan song tour with the championships. It's Jim's final moment as an NWA personnel, but it's an amazing way to finish out his NWA run.

What a show. A great return to form for NWA and it's the last time we'll see Jim Cornette in the NWA. We had a banger main event, and despite only having two matches, I was actually fine with it, as it was a show built on great promos and continuing storylines. 8/10.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Chr1st0

Reaction score
I only realised this episode that question mark and arron stevens is basically the miz and sandow as his stunt double but roles reversed. (Yes The Miz is actually question mark in a fat suit, you heard it here first)

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Bennett is a very intelligent fella and I haven't seen him do any play by play when he's not in Character talking about bad news. Should be interesting what he says because he brings that element of a former Wrestler into the Potion should be fun. With that a fun Go Home Show even though I wanted to see more Wrestling to balance out all the Ads/Backstage/Sideline Interview stuff. No shock to see Aron Stevens pick up the win vs Starks it was so easy to figure out that he would use The Question Mark in any way possible to get ahead. I do wonder how long does this pairing because Miz and Sandow went forever it felt like and when Sandow was left in the cold they didn't have anything for him. I hope they had a better plan both guys as I see Starks winning the National Title somehow be able to survive all the chaos that will go on vs Stevens and Cabana.

I really liked that sitdown Interview with Aldis this Week. Pretty crazy they had stuff like that unaired Three Way Battle and made it work for Aldis aiding in what he was saying throughout. Aldis wants to shut up the Mouth of Storm so he can't say he hasn't been given an opportunity should be interesting how that Match when you add Hebner and now Storm to the mix with the biggest prize on the line. Also the Kamille angle to this I wonder if this a game by Aldis to get Kamille to screw over Storm when he thinks she is going aid him. Makes me think when Sherri went with Sting and this turned on him later when Flair was coming for his World Title. It could happen and Storm might be the key to it all who knows.

Okay so like I said before how much of a Melina and Mickie mark I was and damn Melina is bringing that fire for me after how she looked...and what she said towards not just Kay, but the industry itself when it comes to Women's Wrestling. I do find it funny Kay coming out and hulking it up in a sense acting if she dealing with a rookie, rather a veteran who knows all the bumps on the road more than you. Another beatdown for Kay and unless NWA is keeping secrets close the vest going into Into the Fire she might be taking some more of that going forward.

Nines Around for the Rock and Roll Express and I'm happy to see it even if it's for a Week because I can't see them retaining at Into the Fire, but party it up guys like it's 1985 again. The environment was great for them and say whatever you want about Cornette it was special to see him come into the Ring and congratulate them. He's been for Years the Manager with The Midnight Express trying to cripple Rick and Robert, and now he's there giving them their due like they deserve for their hard work to reach the top of the Mountain. So great and nice way to end the Show this Week!

Reactions: Bobby Barrows