National Wrestling Alliance Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Decided to give the NWA thread a new coat of paint and a new sticky, so here we are, gents.

EFt0knDWwAAV15N-e1569850738603.jpg

Post your live/post-show thoughts on the hot new NWA TV Show here.
Archive:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Watched episode two and I loved it as usual.

DAMIAN SANDOW'S BACK!!! :mark: :mark: :mark:

Got a great Women's match, and I like the champion they have, she's uh, a thicc lady.

Trevor Murdoch showing up was a :WOW moment from me. I like him and his style, but he lost to the better opponent in Ricky Starks in a good match.

Kingston/Homicide vs. Wildcard was a great match too. The ending left a lot to be desired since the Dawsons came in and wrecked the place.

Also Colt Cabana and Mr. Anderson as a tag team could work, even if I don't like Cabana as a wrestler.

Nick Aldis heeling it up in that interview.

Overall, another great episode and I'm loving the one hour format.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Well I've been meaning to start watching NWA Powerrr, but I've been getting caught up on other Promotions among other thing, so it went to the back burner till today. First of all I'm going to need the Music Soundtrack of all the stuff because I can't be the only wanting to Air Guitar to this stuff when you hear the Music. I would say this is my Daddy's Promotion so speak, the type of Promotion that my Dad grew up with and wants to see in Wrestling again probably if I told him about it, would watch it Week to Week. It fits what you want in Wrestling, guys talking and you believing what they are saying, a great environment, and plenty of ass kicking on. I just finished Episode 1 and I was really happy with what I saw. First of all we should commend the NWA telling us by the end of this night that Titles and prestige matter still in their eyes. All night you saw it with it's Champions and it came off that way too me and it was nice to see from a fan where I see the opposite too often.

Eli Drake made an appearance and to me he clearly fits the mold for NWA. I've been saying for Years and I do mean Year across all the Social Medias I have, and Wrestling Forums I've been apart of how great this Man is. Impact didn't know how to use him long term and now he has a chance of a lifetime to stick it in their faces. I wonder how long he'll stay a Face because as a Heel he's amazing maybe when he feuds with Storm who have history together would be the perfect time to do so.

The Dawsons straight outta the Pig Pen and they fight like they are from one as well. Back in the day you didn't need to look like a Million Bucks to get your point across that you were badasses. More of that and guys looking like The Dawsons would be great. The Wild Cards are another team I haven't seen before, but I know plenty about Bram..erm I mean Latimer. Another guy with Impact that I felt didn't get his due and he was put over highly at point even beating Abyss in a Monster's Ball Match if I remember correctly and nothing after that. He's a guy I can see as World's Champion one day just saying.

God bless Eddie Kingston and his Mouth. Easily one of the best Talkers ever in the last Decade and once again he proves it. I'm from the gutter too...I"M A STRAY DOG..just like when Storm says later you couldn't walk a Mile in my Shoes! I feel that way to my haters over the Years who have crucified me for whatever reason because I made a mistake or I wasn't their Cup of Tea will fuck them and fuck those guys. Tangent aside I hope to see great things Kingston and Homicide going forward should be top contenders for the Tag Titles and Champions eventually.

Storm vs Jocephus. This had me giggling so hard even with the moments of Storm punking out Jocephus straight in his face, he runs like a bitch around the Set trying to get away from him brother why lmao.

Aldis vs Storm. Oh man how you can not get emotional to a degree with the way the Storyline was shown before their Match I'm I right? The New Champ on the Block vs the Aging Veteran who wondering is it my time hang it all up. A good Match with Storm doing things he's not used to doing trying to realize the dream one more time. You can say he took his eyes off the prize and the simplest Wrestling hold done him in.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Another very good episode this week!

Ricky Starks looked great. The promo was a perfect introduction to him and what he's about.

And speaking of which, every single promo on the past two episodes has been fantastic. I'm very impressed by the work of the roster and production team, making every interview and confrontation come across entertaining and important.

Happy to see Anderson and Stevens back in the fray. I like to see Aron Stevens rocking a slightly different character here. I'm perfectly fine with Anderson sticking to the gimmick he's known for, as it's one of my favorites. He and Cabana made for an entertaining duo and worked really well together between the ropes. I don't think we'll see them as a full fledged tag team though, probably more of an alliance that work together when needed.

Aldis continues to shine. I have followed quite a lot of his reign through the Ten Pounds of Gold YouTube series and while I always thought he carried himself really well, it did feel a little bit like he was trying really hard to be that classic, prototypical, champion's champion and not quite executing it to perfection. The past two weeks, how his character has developed and how he's performed when speaking have really made me a believer in him. Is he someone who can continue to lead the company upward and be the face of a larger promotion? Still not totally certain. But he works perfectly for what NWA are doing here and now and he makes that belt feel way more important than it's felt since the TNA days.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah today I had to bow out of AEW and NXT tonight because the Internet when any kind of Storm is a no go for Live Streaming at all. Good though I had Episode 2 of NWA Powerr on my Downloads to hold me till I can download those Shows later. Another fun Episode. Ricky Starks I can't get a finger on it, but he has charisma and all out skill to be the Man for the Program down the road. Murdoch was the perfect guy for him to face seeing the contrast of styles and seeing he can outwit even a guy that has way more experience in the Ring than him. Keep going Starks!

Kay since her Impact days has improved greatly in her In Ring Work and Work on the Microphone and you saw it in the Match from the Episode. Don't think I didn't pop so hard as a Joshi fan to see Kay unleash the Bito Driver for the win because I did and said Yes Lord. I'm not so sure Anderson and Cabana will be a team for long. I started to have my doubts even before the Match, when Colt was stealing his stick that's a no no and a quick way to get on his bad side. Still the Tag Division is looking good so far and adding depth of any kind especially with a veteran Tag Team is always a good thing. When it comes to Aron I'm sure he wants to wipe away the last time people saw him with that horrible gimmick he had with Impact, and the last run with WWE. Who knows a few tweaks he might be money again time will tell.

Homicide/Kingston vs Wild Card damn I was hoping to see a true finish and maybe the Dawsons attack after the Match. Still we got enough and we set up a Three Way if not Homicide and Kingston wanting revenge for the Dawsons getting involved in their business, and that's not a smart idea they did during the Episode.

Aldis Interview to end the Show was great. Even though you would like to see a Match end the Show, something different to change things up was great. Aldis is playing this Character like Two Face from the Comics, almost playing the good side and bad side at the drop of a dime. The relationship with Aldis and his Insurance Policy almost gives me feels of Savage and Elizabeth when they first started in the WWE. She never talked, and Aldis in his slick way like Savage pulls away the attention on her back towards his self. I wonder how long till she speaks and breaks away from him because I can totally see that happening. Still Aldis is hitting all the right keys to be Champion and people in the Wrestling business should take notes.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

The new episode for anyone wanting a watch. Will review later.​

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
We got a glimpse of some new female talent in action. Wasn't much of a match to be honest. But I did like the vignette for Thunder Rosa. She looks like she'll add something interesting to the show for sure.

Dan Parker vs. Caleb Konley was a nice indie-centric match up of two dynamic wrestlers. I'll cosign what others have said about Konley in the past: he's pretty nondescript. No idea what his selling point is really meant to be. And while there have been plenty of wrestlers to thrive with no gimmick or discernable personality, they've usually been top flight in ring talents, which I'm not sure Konley is. On the bright side, NWA is doing an awesome job of making everyone feel like they're stars when they step up to the podium. So hopefully the same will happen for Konley once they give him the opportunity to speak.

The main event was another forgettable one, a lot like last week really. But what the match was lacking, I think they made up for with the story telling. Tim Storm questioning whether he could/should continue to wrestle and then Eli Drake coming out and delivering a great speech before asking him to partner up with him against The Dawsons was excellent. Then Storm eats the pin and takes a beatdown after the match, which will either push him further into considering retirement or fire him up like never before to get vengeance. The Dawsons/Kingston and Homicide storyline also gets progressed to close the show. All around good stuff there.

And once again, I have to praise NWA on the promo work. I loved the Aron Stevens promo. I actually enjoyed the interaction between James Storm and Jocephus this week. I don't really see how you rationalize Cabana coming out to imitate Storm though. Like, why would he even do that? I suppose he's the kind of guy you could believably say did it just for his own amusement but still. As I mentioned, the Tim Storm/Eli Drake segment was enjoyable. The Aldis promo was also great yet again. No question I look forward to the promos each week on this show more than I do any other wrestling program.

And kudos to NWA. I can safely say at this point that for the last three weeks NWA has accomplished far more in one hour than WWE manages to accomplish with five hours of Raw and Smackdown each week. That's really sad to say but that's the truth, the way I see it.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
If I'm going to be honest here Week 3 of NWA Powerr went backwards to me, and didn't hit the mark for me vs the past two Episodes. We saw alot of Segments/Promos, but not enough of a balance of Wrestling I feel this Week. I'm happy to see Thunder Rosa apart of NWA and I feel she could do great things for the Women's Division. I've been a fan of Thunder Rosa since before she debuted in Lucha Underground. She has that it factor, and all the abilities to be a Star wherever she goes. I was really pulling for her to be apart of the new MYC whenever that happens, because the representation of Hispanic Cultures and it's Wrestlers is something I don't see enough of especially in the WWE. Now it's time for her to shine can't wait to see her. The Women's Match during this Show was a sleepy I felt Belle always never did anything for me when she was with Impact. She needs a Character to make herself stand out from the Crowd, and a new look could help her as well.

Dan Parker vs Caleb Konley. It was a solid, but Parker never got any Offense in and Konley I get it he has the talents, but what he hasn't shown in other places that Ricky did Weeks ago is a Character. You put Ricky in that Match and you see the difference before and after the Match I feel. I'm sure down the line he'll find his niche, but like I said two Matches off the bat two talents I was indifferent two before this, and really didn't change my opinions of them after to be honest.

Yeah the Main Event was lackluster indeed I agree with EC. I don't understand the structure on why wouldn't you have The Dawsons get more Offense in this and then giving the win at the end as if they are rooks getting the surprise win. I thought going into the Match you would isolate Storm the majority of the Match and Drake would be the guy to turn it up when he finally got in, but Drake and Storm dominated this Team the majority of the Match if you watch it closely and then that gets blown up when Kingston and Homicide show up to get some of The Dawsons. It sucks because the Drake/Storm Segment was fantastic and you kind of wasted that momentum in the Match I feel, but they know more than me and I'm sure they have a huge plan in place with this.

Yeah the Stevens Promo was funny and then I see Jocephus and Cabana making fun of Storm. Cabana being there and doing it made me no sense to me at all, and you would think Jocephus wouldn't want anymore of Storm after what happened before, but he's never going to learn unless Storm puts him down I guess. I didn't forget either Aldis promo he did this Week. He was putting over Ricky, but also said he's willing to defend the NWA World Title from outside the NWA Roster and I'll all for that as well. NWA Champions would travel everywhere and defend the Title, why not do it again and put over those guys with a Match with Aldis. I'm IN~

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Well I actually don't have a lot of positive to say about this episode. None of the promos really delivered the way they have in previous weeks and in fact, the opening promo and the Starks/Steven's segment were quite sloppy I felt.

The main event was the only match with solid action throughout. I actually liked it more than the last two main event matches but everything else on the card was really bland, especially the No DQ tag match which I knew was gonna be nothing because there's only so much they can do in that environment. It turned out to just be a bunch of slamming each other on the apron and a few bad looking chair shots. The one highlight I can remember (and I just watched it) was Kingston taking that suplex on the chair bridge.

Hoping for a turnaround next week.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I agree with EC with this one, last week I wasn't fuck yeah with Episode 3, and "Dealer Calls Again" had me with the same feelings. I didn't mind the Opening Segment with Aldis, Drake, Storm, and Cabana, just wasn't something you're going to remember after it. Jocephus vs Murdoch was short and sweet as Jocephus tried to pull the same Foot Powder on Murdoch like he did before and it costed him the win this Week.

Dawsons vs Homicide/Kingston was solid, just didn't reach the mark that a NO DQ could of been with these two teams. Kingston landing back first on that Char Bridge was stiff, and I didn't get Wild Card attack one of the Dawsons then help them win. Oh well these Teams will probably have a Multi-Man Tag Title Match at the PPV to settle their differences no doubt about that. Belle vs Vox just okay, but damn them about the Thunder Rosa tease come on why not have Rosa beat down Belle and Vox and posing in front of Kay?

Once again another bland Match in this Episode this time with Starks vs Stevens. Stevens gets slapped early in the Show, and he instead of being serious he goes the comical route with all of this didn't like that at all. Protecting the Money Maker was on his mind rather than winning go figure. Talk about a interesting Matchup Aldis teaming up with Tweeners and Storm tagging up with Heels. Cabana got the win and puts himself in a Shot for the NWA NA Title as if he's going to beat Storm. Still a solid Show, but I'm really hoping theirs a banger coming next Week.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

New episode of NWA Powerrr. :mark:

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The past few Weeks I've been with the meh attitude towards NWA Powerr, but this Week had a great turn in the right direction I feel. I loved how the NWA Georgia Crowd gave it hard towards Aron Stevens and God bless him for finishing his Promo getting what he needed to say. Too bad him finding out he's related to William Shakespeare didn't give him any powers to beat Starks later in the night, but I'll talk about that a little later. The Dawsons got in a nice squash earlier in the Show then they got confronted by Outlaw Inc. I did find it funny that the Dawsons needed to think about a Contendership Match and Kingston saying what is their needed to think about put it over the top for me. Good those fools found out later what Kingston said clearly those brains of theirs aren't working on full blast.

The Interview with Tim Storm and Aldis was really interesting to watch. Aldis is getting in the head of the former NWA Champion almost to the point where I feel he's trying to get Storm to join up with him. Why else keep talking to him keeping his confidence up if not to use it as an asset down the line right? Still it came off great just hope it has a great payoff for both guys later down the road.

Thunder Rosa really owned this Week during this Episode. She handles Vox and she doesn't even show her hand, then beats down Kay with ease, and then she's been plotting obviously with Belle Weeks prior to get her on her side. Belle might have a shot to do some great things with Rosa now and it's going to be surprising what Kay as the face looks like vs these two ladies. The Women's Division is heating up hell yeah! Okay now to that 2 outta 3 falls Match between Starks and Stevens. If the plan was just to put over Starks you already did that before, and you do it again....okay why? Why should I take Stevens seriously anymore when Stevens can't get a win over Starks even in his own type of Match? Oh well Cornette's Commentary during this Match was amazing "Stevens dresses in the dark" or how about "Stevens couldn't play dead if you shot him":swamps

I don't know how to feel about Colt Cabana winning back the NWA National Title from James Storm. Just Weeks ago this guy was making fun of Storm yet the fans are fully behind the guy winning the Title back? What is going on with sexy ass Kamille showing up with all the distractions as well. I get it Colt is in the good graces with Aldis, but he's a face and Aldis is not to me and him have Kamille show up clearly is going to get him to have to defend his NWA World Title vs Storm now. Colt's win is with an asterisk more than ever now I feel. The Match was good and it left a sour taste in my mouth after the Match because of all that mess going on. Outlaw Inc also beat The Dawsons which was a solid Match, but damn I did mark out for The Rock and Roll Express showing up. Does this mean Rock and Roll Express vs Wild Card for the NWA Tag Titles is that going to happen? I haven't seen them today do they still got it or not, are we in for a treat if it happens?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

New Dudes and Dudettes. I'll post in my thoughts on it later tonight or tomorrow after work.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
In some weird way it does kinda feel like they're spinning their wheels on Powerrr but when I really look at it, they've got some things brewing.

Among the recent developments, I am really liking the looks of Thunder Rosa and her alliance with Marti Belle and I am also very interested in seeing Ricky Starks take on Colt Cabana for the National Heavyweight Title. I said last week that I wasn't a big fan of moving the title off James Storm back to Colt Cabana and I'd rather see an up and comer take control of the title. Well, there's no brighter up and comer in NWA right now than Ricky Starks. He makes perfect sense as the next champ, so I hope to see that happen.

One of the biggest things this week was the debut of "The Question Mark". I feel like it would be futile to try to analyze this gimmick and guess where they're going with it. All I will say is that it seems to pretty obviously be Jocephus, so I'm not sure it's something I can really get invested in.

Now THE biggest thing this week was seeing whether or not Kamille would talk this week. She didn't. But we got some verrrry interesting developments. Eli Drake came out to the podium, I'm guessing just because he loves to talk and no one was gonna stop him, and pretty much caught everyone up on the drama with Kamille and Aldis. I really don't know what he has to do with the whole thing, but nonetheless. He's floating some conspiracies and then out comes The Wild Cards, telling Drake to mind his own business. At first I was very perplexed as to what stake they had in this whole thing and then I remembered that Kamille and Thom Latimer are getting the friction on irl. So that introduced a spicy new element to this thing. And then, to cap that off, Aldis decided to sit ringside during the Tag Title Match to ensure there was no hijinks. After the title match, a bunch of people came from the back, including Kamille and there seemed to be a lot of interrogating going on as the show faded off air. So while I have practically no idea WHERE all this is heading, I do have a lot of faith in this company to pull off a nice, intricate story. We'll have to see where things go, but they have my interest.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Yeah this week's show had a lot of interesting developments.

I'm curious to see where they go from here.