National Wrestling Alliance Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
It was brownface first off....and I didnt vote for that stupid down syndrome faced fuck.

And he's a fake liberal, like your orange orangutan you call president is a fake conservative.

Dont blame me, i voted for Johnson

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki

All Americans that are real people love Donald Trump with all their heart. I bet you wish you had a Prime Minister with half as much greatness to behold.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
All Americans that are real people love Donald Trump with all their heart. I bet you wish you had a Prime Minister with half as much greatness to behold.
:MJ:

Reactions: Chris and Hoss

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Cornette new Podcast talking about what happened this Week. Lagana edits the Show no wonder it wasn't edited out. I'm happy to see he didn't mean it be racist, and like Brian told him I didn't like it and told him how some of us felt about it.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think the joke was outdated and in poor taste. But I don't think its racist and I don't think Cornette meant it in a mean way. To fire him was a bit much. Think they could have just said sorry for the remark had a word with him in private and made it clear those sorts of remarks can't happen in the future.

Brian makes a good point on the podcast (listening right now). That is that its not for a group of white people to tell African Americans or African people what is racist. Its easy not to be offended when you are part of the group not being targeted.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Didn't Cornette say on his podcast that he literally resigned and wasn't forced to bc he didn't like how the NWA was handling it as they were trying to get him to apologize in a way he didn't agree with and wanted to do it on his own time instead?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
@Chris Yes he did, my mistake. I guess NWA's biggest error was not editing it out. From what I hear it was recorded as far back as September.

Reactions: Chris

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I'm ready for tonight's action. Can't wait to see what happens.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Episode 8 is up! Thoughts coming soon.​

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Alright, thoughts on the episode:

- Immediately, first things first, Cornette isn't there, and it looks like they completely re-shot the episode and recut it to no longer include Cornette, instead of just having the episode as regularly and leaving a disclaimer. Disappointing, for the most part.

- We basically get a clip show set up for the episode since, y'know, Cornette. Which fucks up the whole aesthetic of a live crowd and intimate experience.

- We get an interview from Eli Drake at Championship Wrestling From Hollywood, calling out Nick Aldis, wanting to challenge for the title. Says he's different from Nick Aldis, and is willing to wait for his spot. Crowd loves him, so there is that.

- Galli mentions Thunder Rosa and Melina and the women's division. Nothing special.

- Hype up as Rock & Roll challenge Wild Card at the Pay Per View. Recap of the promo by Rock & Roll and WIld Card. So no match yet.

- Thunder Rosa segment. Just humanizes her and gives her life story leading up to an MMA fight. That's nice and all, but when do they wrestle?

- We get an interview with Aaron Stevens and ?The Question Mark? in an empty studio. Fuck, they seriously botched this. You could have let the regular episodes air as is but this just doesn't cut it, man. Anyways, Aaron Stevens says he knows who ?The Question Mark? is, he hails from Mongrovia, an expert in Karate... Kara-taaaay. Says he helped Stevens get ready for his new project, "Shoguns of Malibu". :TI: Available in six months, of course. They're brothers, and they're gonna kick ass against the Dawsons. BRUH. Guy says if they win the Dawsons have to read Shakespeare. :heston I love it. Actin' Ain't Easy, says Stevens.

- FINALLY A MATCH! ?The Question Mark? vs. Zane Dawson. Mask vs. Shakespeare. In an empty arena match... Jesus Christ, NWA. Is this going to be next week's show too? Because if so, that's deplorable. TQM (?The Question Mark?) starts off hot hitting Zane with his chops. Zane bounces back and gets leverage to fight TQM. The set up on this is so messy without the crowd. TQM HITS HIS FINISHER AND WINS!!! MONGROVIAN SPIKE BRUH!!! ZANE BETTER READ HAMLET!!! *

- Dawsons are gracious losers and read Shakespeare. Holy shit it is cringy. It's so bad Stevens throws up in a trash can, bruh. :TI:

- Bro, TQM vs. Trevor Murdoch at the Pay Per View? YES PLEASE.

- We get an interview with Melina. She says she loved wrestling as a kid, and loved when people fought for something. Melina says people fought for their families and survival, in that ring. So is she a face or a heel? Melina basically says she doesn't wrestle just anywhere, she wrestles places she feels is worthy of her presence. She wants to revolutionize the women's division in NWA and make it the best. Good luck with that. She wants to prove she can beat Alysin Kay. Admits she's a bitch holy shit. :TI: She says she's a living legend and that the NWA Women's Championship deserves more than to be around Kay's waist.

- We get a segment from Billy Corgan about NWA's new show. Cool.

- The final segment of the night is the second part of the Thunder Rosa MMA story. I literally can't care less right now, I just came for an hour of wrestling and what I got was disappointment.

I have no bones about saying this is easily the worst episode of Powerrr, by far. If next week is going to be the same thing because of the Cornette thing, then holy shit what a way to tank your series not even 10 episodes in. You should have just put disclaimers at the beginning of your tapes and aired them as they were, god damn. This episode was 3/10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Man I was really...really torn with this Episode from Tuesday. Now I would say I absolutely loved seeing the promoting of fellow Latinos like myself in Melina and Thunder Rosa, but damn at the time I was hoping to see some Wrestling. I get it what Cornette did was wrong, but the firing of him that I didn't agree with really is going to make the Show fell off at times if next Week it's Cornette out on Commentary completely. Still I have faith they'll figure out the right formula for them going forward. Drake's Opening Promo was great he's really separating himself among the Roster just on his Promo work alone. I'm sure he'll defeat Anderson and next stop is facing Aldis I imagine.

Yeah I was laughing pretty hard seeing the Dawsons speak Shakespeare. I liked how the hurt Dawson would in and out sell his injury to his Throat from Question Mark. So weird this team works and with the power or KA..RA..TE powering them who knows what happens for them. The Melina Interview I really enjoyed this Week. Pretty much she is saying she doesn't know it means to be Champion and she wants to show her how it's done. I can't see them losing at Into The Fire's PPV, Allysin might be in for a mugging after that Match.

Up to this point I was being given the Potatoes then they gave me the Ribs with Rosa journey in MMA. I was so proud to watch that, because their aren't enough Latino Athletes getting enough time in the Sun. WWE I've been asking for Years to see something like this happen and NWA clearly considers Thunder Rosa a Star and maybe even their face of the Division eventually. Rosa did 6 Months of Training and proved she had all the tools in the World to become a Champion with time. My Mother always told me when you go out that Door you represent not just yourself, but me and us as a culture make us proud. Rosa did that.

DOPA

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
I've been a fan of Powerrr since it aired, especially the likes of Thunder Rosa who has been fantastic but man that last episode a week ago was terrible. Really hope they pick it up tomorrow.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I've been a fan of Powerrr since it aired, especially the likes of Thunder Rosa who has been fantastic but man that last episode a week ago was terrible. Really hope they pick it up tomorrow.

I hope so too, to be honest. It really dragged this week with the clip-show format so hopefully they'll get a live crowd going again tomorrow night.

Reactions: DOPA

DOPA

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
I hope so too, to be honest. It really dragged this week with the clip-show format so hopefully they'll get a live crowd going again tomorrow night.

Lack of a crowd + having only one match lasting less than three minutes with a comedy pay off as well as the amount of video packages and Joe Galley talking (poor guy, not his fault) really killed it for me.

I mean for example, I personally liked the Thunder Rosa MMA mini documentary but why did it need to be on powerrr? What did it achieve in terms of character development or story? Could have easily put it on as an extra on Youtube as a stand alone and I think people would have dug it. Instead it was tagged on a cold show where pretty much everything got rightly shit on.

Oh well, it's their first big misstep as far as an overall show so hopefully they will learn from it.