National Wrestling Alliance Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
In some weird way it does kinda feel like they're spinning their wheels on Powerrr but when I really look at it, they've got some things brewing.

Among the recent developments, I am really liking the looks of Thunder Rosa and her alliance with Marti Belle and I am also very interested in seeing Ricky Starks take on Colt Cabana for the National Heavyweight Title. I said last week that I wasn't a big fan of moving the title off James Storm back to Colt Cabana and I'd rather see an up and comer take control of the title. Well, there's no brighter up and comer in NWA right now than Ricky Starks. He makes perfect sense as the next champ, so I hope to see that happen.

One of the biggest things this week was the debut of "The Question Mark". I feel like it would be futile to try to analyze this gimmick and guess where they're going with it. All I will say is that it seems to pretty obviously be Jocephus, so I'm not sure it's something I can really get invested in.

Now THE biggest thing this week was seeing whether or not Kamille would talk this week. She didn't. But we got some verrrry interesting developments. Eli Drake came out to the podium, I'm guessing just because he loves to talk and no one was gonna stop him, and pretty much caught everyone up on the drama with Kamille and Aldis. I really don't know what he has to do with the whole thing, but nonetheless. He's floating some conspiracies and then out comes The Wild Cards, telling Drake to mind his own business. At first I was very perplexed as to what stake they had in this whole thing and then I remembered that Kamille and Thom Latimer are getting the friction on irl. So that introduced a spicy new element to this thing. And then, to cap that off, Aldis decided to sit ringside during the Tag Title Match to ensure there was no hijinks. After the title match, a bunch of people came from the back, including Kamille and there seemed to be a lot of interrogating going on as the show faded off air. So while I have practically no idea WHERE all this is heading, I do have a lot of faith in this company to pull off a nice, intricate story. We'll have to see where things go, but they have my interest.

Yeah I was left scratching my head after this past Week, but I have faith it all works out heading into the PPV in December. Rosa anytime she shows up you stop what you're doing and watch what she will do next. Belle barely worked that Tag Team Match, but with that the intensity and skills of Rosa is wonderful to watch and it make me happy what they doing with her so far. I loved the Segment involving Cabana and Starks. I wasn't happy see Colt win the National Heavyweight Title as well rather of wanted to see someone like Storm put him over, but if Starks wins the title down the line the payoff will be there. Dude came in looking at the Title as if he was checking out some hot lady hehe Colt better kiss the Title goodbye now because bandtime is coming.

Yeah when I saw the Question Mark I was like nope..nope...nope. I would love to see him be demasked and Jocephus have to answer why he's getting double pay. The Kamille stuff did catch my interest clearly she didn't like what was going on with Aldis and The Wild Cards. Would it be shocking that she has enough of his antics and she moves on with Drake and that leads to NWA World Title at Into the Fire? I might be wrong in that, but that is what my thinking was when I saw all that chaos to end the Show.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I feel like it's gonna be a bait and switch on The Question Mark. But it's over with the crowd so let it play out.

I'm thinking Jocephus is "supposed" to be The Question Mark, but it'll be someone else.

Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I feel like it's gonna be a bait and switch on The Question Mark. But it's over with the crowd so let it play out.

I'm thinking Jocephus is "supposed" to be The Question Mark, but it'll be someone else.

I thought the same thing. I mean it could be played for laughs for a while but then they swerve us somehow.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I thought the same thing. I mean it could be played for laughs for a while but then they swerve us somehow.

Exactly. Could be a big star they're actually bringing in, but I can't really think of anyone with the same-ish build as Jocephus.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The Question Mark character is a nice throwback to those terrible masked gimmicks of the past. Nice way to preserve your legacy even if it is pretty hokey.

I should post some actual thoughts on NWA besides just my recent catch up with my star ratings. Nick Aldis does need some more credible challengers, he seems to be above everyone. Hell even the other TNA standouts are just minglin' in the mid card. They gotta build someone up. Personally, I'd like to see Trevor Murdoch get a chance since I feel he deserves it but I don't think they'll pull the trigger on that. Most likely just Eli Drake which is cool, I just don't feel they've treated him like a main eventer. I sure as hell don't want to see Mr. Anderson get anywhere near it, he's been on an endless downward spiral since he fucked up that hiptoss with Randy Orton.

The Dawsons are also pretty bland, the tag division is pretty lackin'. I wouldn't mind seein' Caleb Konley find a partner to become a threat in that division. I still don't know much about the Wild Card but they are a decent hand. I've always liked Homicide and Eddie Kingston, I just feel their passion over the last decade has declined and they only care about gettin' a paycheck so I'd like to see other teams gettin' a shot at those title belts.

I also much rather see Colt Cabana with the midcard title, he can have fun matches with just about everyone. Even though both he and James Storm at this point in their careers just feel like afterthoughts who could have been much more if they could have been in the right places at the right times. Still not a bad midcard feud by any means even if that also feels like they're just treadin' water around some other lower midcard guys to pass time with Jocephus.

Overall so far they have cemented a fun alternative to the mainstream products and just a nice change of pace from all the nonsense happenin' all over the sport.

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

New episode mates!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
So I do get some Murdoch/Aldis? I will be watchin' this soon.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Fixed the link and without Cornette saying during the original cut of the Episode

"Trevor Murdoch is the only person I know who can strap a bucket of fried chicken on his back and ride across Ethiopia”

I'll be probably watching this and Impact back to back later tonight or after work tomorrow.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
My review of the episode.

- Great opening promo from Aldis, talking about Kamille, then changing subject to Murdoch. Puts over Murdoch hard, and then oversells the fact it's an exhibition match. :TI: Praises and buries Murdoch in the same promo. Crowd got hot on him, shouting for him to defend his title. Sign of a great crowd.

- Murdoch vs. Aldis was great, Murdoch had a great spot where he released the hold and kicked the ropes so it hit Aldis in the nuts. :mark: Nonchalantly just says, "This is the NWA". Awesome. Murdoch dominates the first half of the match. Murdoch getting the bulldog and Aldis getting his feet on the ropes was a great spot that turned the match around in Aldis' favor. Murdoch missed a dropkick to the knee and Aldis put on the Cloverleaf for the win. So close but so far for Murdoch, but I'd love to see another match between the two. Handshake after the match should solidify Murdoch as a challenge in the future. Show was cut because of a comment by Jim Cornette, which happened to be, "Trevor Murdoch ride a motorcycle with a bucket of fried chicken through Ethiopia and not have a scratch", which was meant to show Murdoch's toughness, but came out really badly. **3/4

- Rock and Roll Express cut a decent promo about the NWA World Tag Team Championships, the Wild Card come out and say Rock & Roll aren't winning the championships. Interviewer asks about Kamille and gets death glared by Tom, who replies, "We're just friends." :heston

- Highspots.com advertisement. :TI:

- Colt Cabana comes out on commentary to watch a Ricky Starks match... who is it BUT THE QUESTION MARK!!!! :mark: :mark: :mark: guy gets a massive fucking pop from the crowd. Crowd immediately chants his name. Aaron Stevens comes out during the match and beats the everloving smack out of Starks. Crowd chants "one more time" for Question Mark's finisher. :MJ2: Colt Cabana finally has enough and scares off the two of them. Question Mark and Aaron Stevens get into a giant pop battle, with Mark easily winning the crowd over. They immediately announce Question Mark and Aaron Stevens vs. Colt Cabana and Ricky Starks for later tonight. Nice. ANGLE

- Eli Drake interview, Ken Anderson comes out and talks back to Drake. Challenges him to a match. Pretty good confrontation.

- Alysin Kay & Ashley Vox vs. Thunder Rosa and Marti Belle was alright. Not much to note other than that Thunder Rosa is an absolute star. Alysin Kay is also a star, these two are gonna have a banger of a match for the championship. Melina shows up randomly. :reigns3 Okay then. The distraction by Melina gives Belle and Rosa the victory. Apparently Melina is part of the stable now. **

- Austin Idol's Kayfabe Cocktail commercial still makes me :komintrigue:

- Colt Cabana & Ricky Starks vs. Aaron Stevens & The Question Mark. Seriously. Question Mark is literally the most over guy in the company. Aaron Stevens in street clothes is a good look for him though. He should keep it. Teased the unmasking of The Question Mark, but escaped it. Aaron Stevens and Question Mark steal the victory. **1/2

- James Storm comes out, complains that Aldis has done nothing but have exhibition matches since last beating Tim Storm. Calls the tag team match bullshit, that Cabana should be defending his belt weekly. Kamille comes out, silently talks to Storm, who walks off saying his catchphrase, ending the episode.

Overall, a pretty filler episode filled with good things that kept storylines moving, of note the Women's Division got a new member, Aldis may have a new challenger, and The Question Mark is without a doubt over as fuck. I'd give the episode a 6/10 as a whole.

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Jim Cornette has resigned his position in NWA following the controversy this last episode.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Has more to do with some nerd unearthing him dropping an N bomb to get heat in Smokey Mountain 30 years ago.

Always funny when liberals eat their own kind because they aren't virtuous enough in their eyes. He just made a joke......maybe we should fix systemic racism first before we fix the way people talk? No? K.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Before I give my thoughts on this Week's NWA Powerr Episode I would like to give my thoughts on the Cornette situation. Like I said before I don't consider him a racist, but it was a racist statement that came from his Mouth. He has to understand in the World we live in you can't say this and not expect backlash from people. Cornette being gone, the Editor needs to be gone as well because clearly that went over his head during the editing of the Show. It almost makes me feel like he was sleeping during that whole time if you've missed that from Cornette's Mouth. Now I come from a family where my Father was Homophobic and he was set in his ways and extremely judgmental with any little thing he didn't like these days. It wasn't till my younger brother came out, is that when he changed as a person and I have a better relationship with him even through his Divorce with my Mother the past Year. That is a rarity I feel and this is Cornette's wake up call to understand what line you should cross. I will say I love him as a Commentator generally and Manager, but my respect for him was broken to a degree after this. Also please don't tell how I should feel about comments like these. The last thing I wanna see is someone tell me and speak about something when they don't have the right to do so. Anyways done with the negative now to the positive with this show this Week.

Great opening Segment going into the Match with Murdoch. Aldis puts over and tells a story about Murdoch and himself, then pulls the Rug from under us and tells us this is a Exhibition Match because he is not deserving of a NWA Title Match. You know Apollo got killed in a Exhibition Match was well, but Aldis survives and keeps continuing to be a MVP for them. Moments after we see The Rock and Roll Express keep the fans juiced and later Wild Card breaks up the party with their own comments. Kamille and Tom are just friends my ass, it's making me think Aldis passes her around like if she's apart of Mayans crew. A very interesting angle going on with Cabana/Starks/Stevens/Question Mark. The NWA fans are so fickle, I wonder if they keep supporting Question Mark when he's revealed to be the person we know who he is?

The confrontation between Anderson and Drake perfect storm to watch. Drake finally went darkside and shut him up now were cooking with Drake Daddy like. Vox/Kay vs Rosa/Belle. As much as I want to talk about how great Rosa is and how I'm looking forward to her winning the NWA Women's Title eventually, I must talk about Melina Perez showing up. Back during her WWE days I was in love with her like Mickie James so to see her apart of this group woo buddy my Blood Pressure is high right now. She is the Phoenix Rosa was talking about now slay everyone who gets in your ways mamacitas. Kay better find some buddies outside of Vox because this is one dangerous group.

The Main Event was okay even with the fans fueling it so much. I expected as much for Stevens to do what he loves to do, but Storm had me pounding on tables with him. The last thing I wanna see is goofy idiots like Question Mark get over, rather a guy like Starks. I loved how he called out pretty much the Writing/Booking Team and all that mouth was closed when Kamille showed up. So safe to say they went to bang right?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Before I give my thoughts on this Week's NWA Powerr Episode I would like to give my thoughts on the Cornette situation. Like I said before I don't consider him a racist, but it was a racist statement that came from his Mouth. He has to understand in the World we live in you can't say this and not expect backlash from people. Cornette being gone, the Editor needs to be gone as well because clearly that went over his head during the editing of the Show. It almost makes me feel like he was sleeping during that whole time if you've missed that from Cornette's Mouth. Now I come from a family where my Father was Homophobic and he was set in his ways and extremely judgmental with any little thing he didn't like these days. It wasn't till my younger brother came out, is that when he changed as a person and I have a better relationship with him even through his Divorce with my Mother the past Year. That is a rarity I feel and this is Cornette's wake up call to understand what line you should cross. I will say I love him as a Commentator generally and Manager, but my respect for him was broken to a degree after this. Also please don't tell how I should feel about comments like these. The last thing I wanna see is someone tell me and speak about something when they don't have the right to do so. Anyways done with the negative now to the positive with this show this Week.

Great opening Segment going into the Match with Murdoch. Aldis puts over and tells a story about Murdoch and himself, then pulls the Rug from under us and tells us this is a Exhibition Match because he is not deserving of a NWA Title Match. You know Apollo got killed in a Exhibition Match was well, but Aldis survives and keeps continuing to be a MVP for them. Moments after we see The Rock and Roll Express keep the fans juiced and later Wild Card breaks up the party with their own comments. Kamille and Tom are just friends my ass, it's making me think Aldis passes her around like if she's apart of Mayans crew. A very interesting angle going on with Cabana/Starks/Stevens/Question Mark. The NWA fans are so fickle, I wonder if they keep supporting Question Mark when he's revealed to be the person we know who he is?

The confrontation between Anderson and Drake perfect storm to watch. Drake finally went darkside and shut him up now were cooking with Drake Daddy like. Vox/Kay vs Rosa/Belle. As much as I want to talk about how great Rosa is and how I'm looking forward to her winning the NWA Women's Title eventually, I must talk about Melina Perez showing up. Back during her WWE days I was in love with her like Mickie James so to see her apart of this group woo buddy my Blood Pressure is high right now. She is the Phoenix Rosa was talking about now slay everyone who gets in your ways mamacitas. Kay better find some buddies outside of Vox because this is one dangerous group.

The Main Event was okay even with the fans fueling it so much. I expected as much for Stevens to do what he loves to do, but Storm had me pounding on tables with him. The last thing I wanna see is goofy idiots like Question Mark get over, rather a guy like Starks. I loved how he called out pretty much the Writing/Booking Team and all that mouth was closed when Kamille showed up. So safe to say they went to bang right?

Not to disparage your opinion, but in all fairness, a lot of people, including me, completely missed the line, it's not out of the realm of plausibility that Dave Lagana (the guy who does the editing, reportedly) missed the line too.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not to disparage your opinion, but in all fairness, a lot of people, including me, completely missed the line, it's not out of the realm of plausibility that Dave Lagana (the guy who does the editing, reportedly) missed the line too.
Nerds on YouTube found it quick......naw, he seemed fine with the !ine until others didn't.

Tapings were done on October 1st.....he had all the time to fix this before hand if it was so terrible in his eyes.

That being said.......this is supposed to be a throwback show for studio wrestling.

Nothing more authentic than a little casual racism on a studio wrestling show 8D

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Kairi's thoughts are bogus on this matter. It's like towin' the line and agreein' the majority of morons who can't handle even bein' bullied. It was just a joke and Cornette is funnier than you, don't get upset at the man for bein' entertainin' when you couldn't entertain a baby with a rattle. There should be no backlash, it wasn't like he dropped a hard n-word and laughed about lynchin' people.