National Wrestling Alliance Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I am def not a fan of the change in intro songs...and I love Pantera but Into the Fire was absolutely perfect for it.
Good promo with Tim Storm and Bram
I prefer Pope as a face but The Dawson's needed a mouthpiece bad...cool to see the Bouncers here..
Good to see more Son of Havok in NWA he picks up a nice win I'm sure he and Starks will have a banger.
Stephens is gold, Drake & Storm beat Mims and Jocephus. Hilarious they have him come back after putting him under a mask making him ? and being so OVER as such...looks like he's pulling double duty for a bit..
main event was decent enough Thunder Rosa is a star for sure

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I second that Booty I don't like the new Intro by Pantera for NWA Powerrr for sure. Into the Fire was just right for the Company, but hey the Song might rub off on me in the coming Weeks, but I doubt it. The Segment with Storm and Latimer had me going especially when this Fake Momma Storm showed up. I'm close with my Mother and I would of heated in that moment, and Storm kept calm, but he's gotta know Latimer through Aldis set that up. You know one thing a person another Wrestling Forum once again I'm going to the go bang your Mother, as my Mother was in a Hospital and that got me heated like this Segment did for the right reason, funny that person now owns and Admins that very Forum.

Cross vs Konley was a fun bout between very likable talents. Booty, Cross and Starks faced each other at Hard Times and it was good, and an rematch if the short Time Limit was scrapped would be even better I feel. Let's be honest though no one is stopping Starks get his other 6 wins to face Aldis, and Aldis wants it happen, because is the guy who got him into the NWA in the first place. This is the modern day Sting vs Flair waiting in the Wings. So Pope is now a Heel Manager because Homicide and Kingston weren't up to snuff for him? Since when has the Dawsons set the World on fire since Powerr started? Pope with Homicide and Kingston would of been better, and sticking him with the Dawsons is a Car Crash waiting to happen. Kingston had me in my feels beforehand too saying I'll die for Homicide because he kept me from taking my life, man Kingston can really talk with the best of them with ease.

Stevens vs Murdoch. I figured this would end in a Time Limit Draw especially when Stevens said what is the Time, but Murdoch might of not of gotten the win and NWA National Title, he still looked strong vs Stevens and will probably get another shot down the road. I still wonder how long will this Team with Stevens and Question Mark last? Neither can be considered great Wrestlers, so I wonder when the Comedy has run it's course, will they be able to stay relevant? Storm and Drake had a workout Match with Jocefus & Mims, and Jocefus didn't even help Mims when he was in the trouble, he just stood there bruh lol.

Rosa vs Kay 2 was a good Match to end off the Show, not as good in my opinion as their Hard Times bout, but still a fine Match. Rosa I loved went back to the Arm of Kay like she did in their first Match, but Kay was ready for that and more and nearly came close to winning back the NWA Women's Title. I didn't like the stuff with Belle and Kay's friends, it took some of the momentum of the Match, but hey it all worked out in the end. Rosa is above Melina and Belle at this point, and Melina is going to turn on Rosa, and then Rosa is going to merk Melina from Pillar to Post when those two face each other in the Ring.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I'm about to watch this and Impact back to back baby!!

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
This episode was entertaining. Stevens always cracks me up. Very weird having Zicky Dice get a win over Starks and Cross. Good that Marty got some back up this week. Heel Pope is always entertaining the dude can just talk and so can Eddie so it’s one of the more entertaining feuds they got going. The Bouncers are a hell of an improvement for Pope over the Dawsons. Guessing Eddie will have some high powered back up in the near future. The main event was weird Marlena has just been so weirdly booked in NWA but it was cool to see Kamilla get some action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah Powerrr was fun even though it didn't have enough Wrestling for my taste, the stuff we got was a great watch. Storm opening up Powerrr and wanting Danny Deals for disrespecting his Mother came off strong. What I would of done is instead of Danny talking about Storm's history he should of said something to piss Storm and Storm yokes him up and boom you have Jax Dane attack Storm. People are like who the fuck is this, and then next Week you have a Segment to talk about who he is, and his history with Storm.

Dice getting the win over Starks and Cross was kinda obvious to me considering Cross has already faced Starks twice. The Match was too short for my liking if your plan to make Dice seem like a quality opponent to Starks, but we'll see how he does next Week. Put all the Chips on Starks though as Starks draws near to facing Aldis for the NWA World Title getting those 7 wins. Murdoch wiped the floor with Question Mark kinda shocked with that to be honest. Karate didn't mean shit to Murdoch last night, now he'll get another NA Title shot and most likely beat Aron Stevens in the process.

Marty came to NWA Powerrr not for the Season, but for a reason he got what he wanted a brawl with Aldis and Company. I wonder if Marty vs Aldis could be a Lumberjack Match at the Crockett Cup Show with Strickly Business, and Marty's Villain Enterprise on the outside? Man the Kingston/Pope Segment might of been my favorite one of the Show this Week. Kingston always ready to throw down and who knew all it took to get the Bouncers on Pope's Side was a Case of Beer.

Melina vs Rosa dammit I'm an idiot I thought for sure he would get a Match between them, but stupid me didn't see the plan the NWA had in mind. Kay/Melina is in the works now, and Rosa vs Kamille at the Crockett Cup. I've never seen her wrestle at all, and the spear didn't make me go woah, but let's see how she dos going forward. She needs to merk everyone in the Ring except Rosa though. She needs a Match next Week if they can fit in.

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Cross is great until he talks he is the most bland milk toast dude. No wonder he was most over as Son of Havok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Opening thread has been updated with each episode in the proper category.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I wonder what the hell is the plan for Ricky Starks going forward after losing the NWA TV Title to Dice. I don't get that decision at all, and it wasn't like Dice was rolling as a talent to give him that right now, but this could be something bigger coming for Starks. I thought for sure that he would get 7 wins and be knocking on the Door towards Aldis, but he has a new path to take and I wanna know what that is.

southrnbygrace

Blessed not Stressed
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
zebcoulter
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
grjovZi
They are not having their regular show tonight but instead are showing the complete PPV NWA 70. Main event is Aldis vs Cody

Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

It feels like ages since The NWA had a new Episode of Powerrr and now we got it!

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Welcome to Carnyland!

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

The National Wrestling Alliance returned and fans loved the throwback style. Jim Cornette was removed as their announcer due to a racially insensitive remark. Then Dave Lagana left the company following his name coming out in the #SpeakingOut allegations.

The novel coronavirus also caused the NWA to cease all filming leaving the company with no new content. Now they might not be back according to what Raven has heard.

While speaking to Hannibal TV, Raven was asked about the current situation with the NWA. Since the recent controversies and having to close their doors due to COVID-19, the word is that Billy Corgan might be done with pro wrestling.

“I think Billy’s shutting it down, from what I hear,” Raven said. “From the grapevine, I heard that Billy’s not opening it back up, he’s really disillusioned.”

The NWA took a few hard shots, but so did every pro wrestling company. The COVID-19 pandemic and #SpeakingOut movement hit practically every company on the planet in some way. NWA took some really big shots in the process and it might have “disillusioned” their Smashing Pumpkins leader.

We’ll have to see if Billy Corgan decides to open the NWA back up. At this time there is no schedule to tape new content for NWA Powerrr.

:sodone::sodone::sodone:

:pour:pour:pour

Say it isn't so Billy, please.