• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NJPW Planning Omega to Face Fellow Canadian at WK12?

Deezy

Nov 13, 2010
Canada
We get a Rousey vs Asuka match before we get Jericho going anywhere not named WWE.

He knows who butters his bread.

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
That match would be simply amazing, unquestionable 5 star potential. Given the number of chances Jericho has had to compete elsewhere, it seems like a long shot. But New Japan has never been as popular with American fans and Jericho is at the stage in his career where he most likely isn't going to accomplish anything new with WWE... Idk, I'll definitely be interested to see if this goes anywhere.

Reactions: Becky Two-Belts

Becky Two-Belts

Evil Owner
Administrator
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$town
I think you're more likely to see Omega show up at the Royal Rumble like dirts said he would last year.

Not withstanding his current contract and whatnot.

Jimmy King

Dec 12, 2010
San Diego, CA
I think it's likely we'll see Jericho vs Omega next year at his Rock N Wrestling cruise. ROH will be there and The Young Bucks have been announced for it so I wouldn't be surprised to see Kenny there.

Reactions: Becky Two-Belts

Messiah

Sep 12, 2015
Jericho is not going to waste time doing that. He knows where the money is that. WWE treats him very well.. Wrestle Kingdom is a big show, don't get me wrong, but wrestling some random guy at WK12 doesn't benefit him at all.. He has Fozzy and WWE to be concerned about.

Becky Two-Belts

Evil Owner
Administrator
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$town
I mean maybe if Chris Jericho went to Vince and said I'm gonna do this WK12 show and then I'm yours for another tour, but Jericho definitely wouldn't burn his WWE bridges for a New Japan paycheck.

Reactions: Messiah

Becky Two-Belts

Evil Owner
Administrator
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$town
I think it's likely we'll see Jericho vs Omega next year at his Rock N Wrestling cruise. ROH will be there and The Young Bucks have been announced for it so I wouldn't be surprised to see Kenny there.
Rock N Wrestling cruise? Sounds somewhat interesting. This is something he setup?

Deezy

Nov 13, 2010
Canada
Jericho set up a cruise....this motherfucker tries everything.

He's like wrestlings Gene Simmons.

Cwalker

Feb 25, 2012
So Jericho appeared on NJPW TV via pretape and they actually made the match

Messiah

Sep 12, 2015
Isn't it confirmed now by Jericho?.. I hope Chris kicks his overrated ass.