Next Halloween film to be titled 'Halloween Returns'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Over the last decade or so, much has been said about the ongoing trend of unnecessary remakes to modern horror classics. While new versions of A Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th have done solid business, the resulting films (and many more like them) have left some fans frustrated that iconic horror legacies are being unceremoniously squandered. Now it’s starting to look like another controversial franchise revisit is about to start up again.

Rob Zombie’s 2007 Halloween – a remake of John Carpenter’s 1978 classic – delved deeper into Michael Myers’ backstory and earned a total of $80 million at the worldwide box office in the process. However, the 2009 sequel failed to live up to its predecessor, leaving the franchise once again on the studio’s backburner. More recently, the latest entry in the series has built up steam, and now crucial details have been announced.

Dimension Films has revealed that the next film to feature Myers will be titled Halloween Returns. The project – which will start shooting in July – was not announced as the third film in the rebooted franchise, leaving it unclear if it will fit into the continuity Zombie established in his two films. In fact, no plot details were announced whatsoever.
Marcus Dunstan – the man behind cult hits The Collector and The Collection – will direct, and as previously reported, Dunstan and Patrick Melton will write the new film. The pair collaborated on the screenplays for those films as well as the latter four sequels in the Saw franchise. So, although we don’t know exactly what Halloween Returns is about just yet, Dustan and Melton’s previous work indicates that the movie will be just as gruesome (if not so more) than Zombie’s Halloween films, in terms of horror violence.

Horror fans can be a fickle bunch, which explains why many of the genre’s franchises rely on annual installments to stay in the public consciousness. So, the fact Halloween has been out of commission for so six years is astounding. That absence is an eternity for the genre, and in the interim, rumors surrounding this film (or some version of it) have continued to circulate. At one point, the third rebooted Halloween film was intent on using 3D to boost audience interest, an approach that was ultimately dropped.

Undoubtedly, hardcore fans of the series will be interested in this film regardless, However, considering the sour impression the last film left on moviegoers – and the fact that Zombie was never going to be involved anyway – it’s pretty likely that this new Halloween will either be at least a “soft reboot†or a direct return (hence the announced title) of the original continuity that was last touched upon in 2002 release Halloween: Resurrection. In any case, expect Myers to be up and stalking in no time.

Halloween Returns? Not the most inspired title, but still light years better than Halloween Resurrection.

hdouglas1286

Reaction score
I have read a few things.g on this the other day and rumor is that Rob zombie could be making this one but like I said just rumor.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I have read a few things.g on this the other day and rumor is that Rob zombie could be making this one but like I said just rumor.

Thankfully, he's not involved. Marcus Dunstan is directing, as the above article states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hdouglas1286

Reaction score
I loved zombies version. But nothing will be better the John carpenters

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
What interests me the most is the fact there's even a remote possibility that they'll return to the original continuity. What would would really top me off; though, is if they continued on from a continuity that included Halloween 6. I'm good to go, one way or the other, as long as Zombie, and his train wrecks, are way behind in the rear view mirror. Good riddance.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The funny thing about Zombie is that his post-Halloween 2 movie, The Lords of Salem, is easily his best work to date. If the previous Halloween messes hadn't happened, I'd be cool with him directing this. However, after butchering the last two, I'm pretty happy he's no longer involved.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I'm excited about the movie, but I'm trying to stay "cool" about it because like the Friday the 13th movie that is supposed to be happening, I just don't know when it will "happen" and I will get to see it.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
What interests me the most is the fact there's even a remote possibility that they'll return to the original continuity. What would would really top me off; though, is if they continued on from a continuity that included Halloween 6. I'm good to go, one way or the other, as long as Zombie, and his train wrecks, are way behind in the rear view mirror. Good riddance.

I like the P Cut of H6, but the released version was such a mess that they had to retcon it when H20 came out. There's no way a sequel will ever retcon the events of H20-Hr (though HR was so terribad film that I wouldn't mind) and bring back Thorn. If they did it, it would confuse non-fans of the series.

I think they'll be doing another reboot. This time without the origin story.

At one point, Lussier and Farmer were on board to do a Halloween 3D, with the cast of the Zombieween films. But that never materialized, for some reason.

I just realized that Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers. had almost the same title as Halloween Returns. I guess Dimension Films don't give a crap about poor H4 anymore...

The funny thing about Zombie is that his post-Halloween 2 movie, The Lords of Salem, is easily his best work to date. If the previous Halloween messes hadn't happened, I'd be cool with him directing this. However, after butchering the last two, I'm pretty happy he's no longer involved.

I keep hearing that his non-Halloween work is actually good (especially LoS). I'm going to watch them.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles