New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The man had to go directly to the hospital afterwards.....did a little more than "deteriorated".

But when it's done in New Japan.....

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
The man had to directly to the hospital afterwards.....did a little more than "deteriorated".

But when it's done in New Japan.....

When it's done in New Japan people still point it out. :lmao Have you actually watched both the matches though? If not, I'm not sure there's any reason to continue this discourse.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No one was pointing it out.....heard more about Jericho's title than kenta wrestling with a concussion.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah KENTA's Concussion during his Match with Ishii was truly scary to watch. So many times after he was really close to further hurting himself not knowing where he was at that moment. Ishii vs KENTA Rematch will be better if you go by how good it was in the first half, and expecting that and more in a Rematch.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
No one was pointing it out.....heard more about Jericho's title than kenta wrestling with a concussion.

Well I think you're just being obtuse, unsurprisingly. Royal Quest was the third biggest show of the weekend, not quite under the same microscope that WWE's Saudi shows or AEW's PPVs are. And based on what I know about your preferences, you're no doubt exposed to more WWE chat than NJPW. So if you ever thought you'd hear as much about KENTA working with a concussion, as you would Goldberg working with a concussion, that's your problem. If you care to see people criticizing the decision to continue the match, just search "KENTA concussion" on Twitter. Google "NJPW Royal Quest" and look at the news that comes up. Click on any site's review of Royal Quest and read about the KENTA/Ishii match. It's all there buddy.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The fact you have search kenta concussion and it not trending.....what more can I say?

Free pass.

But since you're just instantly dismissing me because you don't like what I'm saying......I see you hypocrisy.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
The fact you have search kenta concussion and it not trending.....what more can I say?

Free pass.

But since you're just instantly dismissing me because you don't like what I'm saying......I see you hypocrisy.

c1d63b6a6977da9a52a630a43b00aeb7ab909aebr1-274-200_hq.gif

Alright then. My only "problem" is that you seem upset over nothing. I just can't imagine why you thought it would ever be as newsworthy. And for what it's worth, I think if Goldberg and Taker's match wasn't a complete trainwreck, it wouldn't have been the fiasco it was. I feel like it's the fact that Goldberg got concussed and then they botched the entire rest of the match that made it the story it was. KENTA was pretty clearly knocked out and in a daze for a few minutes afterwards but the match wasn't a total disaster. If you had just made a comment about how NJPW was in the wrong for letting it go on, we would have never had this back and forth because there's really no debating that. I saw on Twitter someone counted KENTA took 30 additional strikes the head after he got dropped. That's a bad look on NJPW and the wrestlers' part, which is really all that needs to be said. It doesn't always have to come back to some anti-WWE agenda, does it?

V-Trigger

Reaction score
Lance Archer tweeting at Luchasaurus for a match. Inject this into my veins.

Fucking crazy that Archer had a breakout performance in The G1 at age 43, wtf. And Ishii arguably being the best wrestler of 2019 at the same age. I have no idea how these guys do it at their ages with such a dangerous style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Ishii practically can't have a bad match. But the trouble is that sometimes he falls into having formulaic matches that lose their luster after a while. Nonetheless, he's easily top 20, probably top 10 in the world for me this past half-decade.

Archer wanting a piece of Luchasaurus is an interesting one. Don't see that being possible in the near future unfortunately.

Reactions: V-Trigger

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Ishii practically can't have a bad match. But the trouble is that sometimes he falls into having formulaic matches that lose their luster after a while. Nonetheless, he's easily top 20, probably top 10 in the world for me this past half-decade.

Archer wanting a piece of Luchasaurus is an interesting one. Don't see that being possible in the near future unfortunately.

I agree with this for sure. I love Outlaws like Ishii and Suzuki, guys who from the old era bringing up the current Wrestlers and teaching them some respect. I could watch both those especially wrestle all day and Ishii vs Moxley was one of my favorite Matches from the G1 Climax this Year. Archer vs Luchasaurus should be interesting if it happens as Archer just might be eating on the Bones of Luchasaurus by the end of the night.

V-Trigger

Reaction score

Valid points.

I wonder what Archer's contract situation is. If njpw doesn't have him locked up, they better do so quickly.

V-Trigger

Reaction score
I agree with this for sure. I love Outlaws like Ishii and Suzuki, guys who from the old era bringing up the current Wrestlers and teaching them some respect. I could watch both those especially wrestle all day and Ishii vs Moxley was one of my favorite Matches from the G1 Climax this Year. Archer vs Luchasaurus should be interesting if it happens as Archer just might be eating on the Bones of Luchasaurus by the end of the night.

Booo Luchasaurus has suffered enough for 65 million years!

But seriously two big men who move like cruiserweights is an exciting thought. The Japanese fans absolutely loved Lance this g1, not easy to do, for a gaijin. Completely agree on Ishii vs Moxley. Big fan of the semi-final and final, as well. Ibushi using Omega's moves to win it...

On another note, whilst I have always appreciated Osprey's athletic ability, what really sold me on him as a premier wrestler is his selling vs Archer.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Booo Luchasaurus has suffered enough for 65 million years!

But seriously two big men who move like cruiserweights is an exciting thought. The Japanese fans absolutely loved Lance this g1, not easy to do, for a gaijin. Completely agree on Ishii vs Moxley. Big fan of the semi-final and final, as well. Ibushi using Omega's moves to win it...

On another note, whilst I have always appreciated Osprey's athletic ability, what really sold me on him as a premier wrestler is his selling vs Archer.

I was sold on Ospreay after that fucking BOSJ final with Shingo.

:banderas:

Hell of a match.

V-Trigger

Reaction score
I was sold on Ospreay after that fucking BOSJ final with Shingo.

:banderas:

Hell of a match.

That was a great match, for sure! Shingo is another amazing performer. Njpw's depth is ridiculous

I was also impressed with White. His moveset is so good, varied and consistent with his finisher. He looks like an adult now with facial hair

Sidebar question: is Okada's rolling Rainmaker new? I could've sworn i didn't see it couple years ago..