New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
They were considering Goldberg apparently.I don't know how well he would workout in a Wrestling environment like NJPW at his age but hey! If he's up for it I wouldn't mind Goldberg/Okada, Goldberg/Omega or Goldberg/Suzuki.
If Big Bill were motivated and into it, Goldberg/Suzuki would fuckin rule - but I honestly doubt that.

Messiah

Hana Kimura ❤️
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Nobody should beat Okada.

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I recommend watching Suzuki vs Tanahashi and Jay White vs Omega from this weekend's shows if you haven't. Here are my personal ratings.

Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Minoru Suzuki - IWGP Intercontinental Title Match - January 27, 2018 - NJPW The New Beginning In Sapporo 2018 Day 1 - 4.25 Stars

Kenny Omega (c) vs Jay White - IWGP United States Heavyweight Title Match - January 28, 2018 - NJPW The New Beginning In Sapporo 2018 Day 2 - 4 Stars

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I recommend watching Suzuki vs Tanahashi and Jay White vs Omega from this weekend's shows if you haven't. Here are my personal ratings.

Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Minoru Suzuki - IWGP Intercontinental Title Match - January 27, 2018 - NJPW The New Beginning In Sapporo 2018 Day 1 - 4.25 Stars

Kenny Omega (c) vs Jay White - IWGP United States Heavyweight Title Match - January 28, 2018 - NJPW The New Beginning In Sapporo 2018 Day 2 - 4 Stars

Both of Suzuki's singles matches this year have been my favorites of their Respective events, Tanahashi/Suzuki is my early MOTY candidate. That was the best match I've seen from Tanahashi since I started following New Japan last year and it reaffirmed that Suzuki is one cruel bastard, great story telling.

I haven't watched night 2 of New beginning yet but I can't wait to see what Omega can bring out of jay white.

Reactions: Mike Thunder

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Caught up on Omega/Switchblade and it was definitely a better showing for Jay White than the Tanahashi match. It wasn't nothing special but it was a damn good match. It was a good time to take the US title of Omega because It was just holding him back from the World heavyweight title picture that he should be in. The segment after the match was interesting does this mean Omega is out of the Bullet Club? Are the Golden lovers a thing again? So many questions.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

This ending... ;-; THE FEELS!

Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Watched the second half of both nights, lots of great stuff. I'm as enraptured by the Bullet Club stuff as anybody else, I really hope the Bucks stay with Omega and maybe Ibushi. It'd suck if they weren't in Bullet Club anymore, but I think it'd make sense for the rest of the stable to stand with Cody rather than Kenny, as natural heels. I've heard the name "Golden Elite" thrown around as the title of a new stable. As much as babyface Marty is endearing, I think he's better as a full on vicious heel so I'd have him either choose Cody over Omega outright or act as a spy inside Golden Elite for the Bullet Club, going on to betray the Bucks and Omega. I'm sure whatever happens will be cool, but it'd break me so hard if the Bucks and Omega split up. :emoji_sob:

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Both of Suzuki's singles matches this year have been my favorites of their Respective events, Tanahashi/Suzuki is my early MOTY candidate. That was the best match I've seen from Tanahashi since I started following New Japan last year and it reaffirmed that Suzuki is one cruel bastard, great story telling.

I haven't watched night 2 of New beginning yet but I can't wait to see what Omega can bring out of jay white.
There's a reason Suzuki says 'Ichiban' all the time! Such a legend.

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
New Japan Cup 2018 full bracket:
DW7jrkFWsAA0utk.jpg:large

I see 3 people winning it this year: Ishii, Tana and Ibushi. Will be interesting to see what they do with Naito (I personally think he will get eliminated in the first round).

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

I see 3 people winning it this year: Ishii, Tana and Ibushi. Will be interesting to see what they do with Naito (I personally think he will get eliminated in the first round).
Tana vs Taichi stinks of upset to me. It would also play into Tanahashi's ongoing feud with Suzuki-Gun

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score

I can see Ibushi, Tana or Sanada winning. Speaking of Ibushi:

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score

Tana vs Ibushi would be an epic final! Do we have dates for these?

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Tana vs Ibushi would be an epic final! Do we have dates for these?
The small numbers in blue are the dates of the matches, with the first 2 matches (Elgin vs Ishii and Juice vs Yujiro) being on the 9th of March and the final being on the 21st.
[doublepost=1519924800][/doublepost]
Tana vs Taichi stinks of upset to me. It would also play into Tanahashi's ongoing feud with Suzuki-Gun
I think Tana either loses to Fale (who usually gets big wins in these tournaments) or goes all the way to the finals.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Looks like Hikuleo (the third son of Haku) went out injured with a foot injury today