New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
When the Taguchi stans attack me
shinsukekicktaguchi.gif

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Just saw Okada vs Omega since everyone seemed to go gaga over it. While I enjoyed the spots I don't think it was that good of a match as much as everyone said it was. Yes, there were lots of how the fuck are they conscious right now moments, but eh, other than that it didn't do much for me. I don't watch NJPW, so maybe I'm just not used to how they go about things.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Well Omega is staying. Was a good rumor mill while it lasted.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

This is a fantastic little piece detailing suzuki-gun

Stopspot

Reaction score
Just saw Okada vs Omega since everyone seemed to go gaga over it. While I enjoyed the spots I don't think it was that good of a match as much as everyone said it was. Yes, there were lots of how the fuck are they conscious right now moments, but eh, other than that it didn't do much for me. I don't watch NJPW, so maybe I'm just not used to how they go about things.
I wouldn't call Okada vs Omega a typical New Japan main event, rather a typical big Kenny Omega match. It kinda sorta followed the New Japan big match mold of starting slow and steadily growing to a big climax. But this was a Omega match if I ever saw one.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
New Beginning was pretty good. The main event wasn't fast but I never mind a slow match as long as they manage to tell a story and Suzuki was awesome with his systematic torturing of Okada.

Not sure I agree with the result, but definitely a match I enjoyed watching.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm not going to go on a long rant or anything but I thought Okada should've sold the leg a little more.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I'm not going to go on a long rant or anything but I thought Okada should've sold the leg a little more.

Agreed. He did it at times but like that kip up, he should have immediately sold the leg there. He sold the pain when in submission but not so much out of it.

He did it more at the end with the falling down when Suzuki whipped him onto the ropes but yeah, there were some parts where he didn't seem to have any injury at all.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The New Beginning in Sapporo was a good show. I watched the English feed, and it was fine.

We've got some strong wrestling on the show and we've also got some nice build for the Osaka show on Saturday.

Goto vs Juice and Okada vs MiSu were highlights of the show for me.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
The New Beginning in Sapporo was a good show. I watched the English feed, and it was fine.

We've got some strong wrestling on the show and we've also got some nice build for the Osaka show on Saturday.

Goto vs Juice and Okada vs MiSu were highlights of the show for me.

Yeah both really good matches. I was rooting for Juice though, but Goto was impressive too.

Davey Boy Smith Jr. looks exactly like his dad. I hadn't seen him during his stint in WWE but he's a carbon copy. Not a bad wrestler either, haven't seen too much to know for sure but still.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Stopspot

Reaction score
Judging by what went down today Juice will probably get a second shot at Goto as well

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I really liked that 10 man elimination tag stipulation, with over the top rope included.

I'm all pumped for Osaka now! A lot of interesting matchups!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I really liked that 10 man elimination tag stipulation, with over the top rope included.

I'm all pumped for Osaka now! A lot of interesting matchups!

I look forward to Shibata kicking the ever loving shit out of Ospreay the most.

And of course, Takahashi/Lee and Naito/Elgin.