New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
:lol1:
tumblr_oj0bhjpD981r7rtmro1_500.jpg

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I have this nagging suspicion that Kenny Omega may pull this off.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
6 STARS BABY!

tumblr_nr9040e4nP1scxadvo1_r1_400.gif

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
NJPW-Logo.png
Let's use this thread to talk about NJPW (Not sure if there's already one).

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I enjoy puro, I just don't get a lot of time to follow outside of WWE. If I tried to catch up on what I wanted to I'd be a Grandfather by then. I'll follow this thread if it takes off. Thanks for postin' it.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I watch New Japan's biggest shows, but I'd love to follow it more often this year.

I watch much more Dragon Gate. Watch most Infinity episodes and watch all PPVs. I enjoy their great tag team matches and completely home-grown talent that is better than most seasoned rosters.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Most of my Puro watchin' is Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada and Taue. I'm so far behind.

Reactions: Trevor

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Gonna cry like a little babby when Shibata wins the G1, ngl.

Real talk, it's gonna be interesting to watch, either Naito or Shibata will win it unless they do something WILD like have SANADA win it or something like that. But even if they did it so Omega returns, wins the NJ Cup, and beats Okada for the belt, then have Okada win the G1 so we can get a rematch at WK12, I wouldn't even be mad. Coz A) it'd be a good fucking match, and B) having Okada chase the belt into Wrestle Kingdom would be an interesting spin on it even if the end result of Okada going over would likely be the same.

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I would rather not have yet another rehash next year. That would be 4 WK's with 2 unique MEs.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just done watching the New Year Dash. It was good.

They did a fine job of setting up some future match-ups and title programs.

Oh, and Suzuki-gun returned and destroyed CHAOS!

- O'Reilly, Ricochet & Finlay vs Liger, Tiger Mask & Henare was a solid show opener. ★★½
It was an amusing enough of an opener given the time constraint. Henare continues to improve, as Ricochet and Finlay continue to look good as a team.

- Takahashi & Page vs Yoshitatsu & Billy Gunn was meh and boring. ★

- RPG Vice & YOSHI-HASHI vs The Young Bucks & Adam Cole was a fun spotfest. ★★★
HASHI pinned Cole, so it only makes sense that they should follow it up with a ROH World title match at next month's Honor Rising shows. Cole retains, obviously.

- Scott Norton, Tenzan, Kojima, Hiro Saito & Cheeseburger vs Bullet Club was decent. ★★

- Elgin & KUSHIDA vs Takahashi & Naito was pretty good and fun. ★★★½
Kind of the same thing that was done with Cole earlier, as in losing the day after he was victorious in Tokyo Dome and setting up a future title match/program. I guess I'm fine with Naito eating the pin, since Dragon Lee interfered beforehand. Also, looking forward to Dragon Lee and Takahashi again. It's gonna be awesome and they're gonna put on another MOTYC.

- GBH, Shibata, Nagata & Juice vs Okada, Goto, Ishii, YTR & Ospreay was pretty damn good. ★★★½
What a chaotic tag match, man, in all of the right ways. I also dig the fact that the right guys were going at each other at the right time (Shibata/Ospreay for instance), the homestretch was great and I also loved Juice getting the pin on Goto and setting up a future title match. Also, loved the post-match segment with SZKG returning.

- Tanahashi, Nakanishi & Taguchi vs SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI was a solid, but kind of an underwhelming ME. ★★½
The joke titles changed hands 24 hours away from WK 11, so I'm not really surprised. Sucks for LIJ, though, I was really looking forward to their run.

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
I would rather not have yet another rehash next year. That would be 4 WK's with 2 unique MEs.
Ofc, I would prefer if it were something fresh, but as I said, if they did it, I wouldn't be mad.

Trevor

Reaction score

Real talk, it's gonna be interesting to watch, either Naito or Shibata will win it unless they do something WILD like have SANADA win it or something like that. But even if they did it so Omega returns, wins the NJ Cup, and beats Okada for the belt, then have Okada win the G1 so we can get a rematch at WK12, I wouldn't even be mad. Coz A) it'd be a good fucking match, and B) having Okada chase the belt into Wrestle Kingdom would be an interesting spin on it even if the end result of Okada going over would likely be the same.

implying Taguchi isn't wining G1

dis kid

Reactions: NexFlax

NexFlax

Reaction score

this is Taguchi's year.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'd much rather have Shibata win than Taguchi.