New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Fantastic card, but the fuck with Okada not main eventing? That must feel terrible.
Fans got to vote on who was to be the main event.
Definitely shitty hand to Okada, who's main evented WK before. The fans aren't taking to Naito at all.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Fans got to vote on who was to be the main event.
Definitely shitty hand to Okada, who's main evented WK before. The fans aren't taking to Naito at all.

I saw it was 21k to 12k for this main event. Shitty decision, to put something this big in the fans' hands. Boooooooooooo

Stopspot

Reaction score
Wonder how they'll salvage it. Jelaous Naito storyline?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Rather do jealous Okada story.
Don't see that working as well. He's already a heel for one, plus he's already main evented WK (99% sure) so it isn't like he's having that stolen from him. It fits better with Naito, who is supposed to be the rising top dog, but who hasn't clicked with the fans as well as expected.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Calling all the nerds @Testify @Forrest @Jeremy

With the heavyweight match bumped down the card. Is it as set in stone as it was with Naito picking up the belt from Okada? Since they will likely end the card with Tana winning the IC belt?
Will they take it as an out to keep the belt on Okada since Naito has not caught on as well as hoped?

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Since the matches were announced, I thought the winners would be Okada and Tanahashi, the match movements didn't do much for me.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Since the matches were announced, I thought the winners would be Okada and Tanahashi, the match movements didn't do much for me.
Seemed kinda written in the stars to me that Naito was gonna pick up the heavyweight belt, considering how adament the bookers were to push him coming out of his injury. But that does seem to have cooled a fair bit since the climax, in part due to how Naito has been booked, and in part because Naito just doesn't seem to have clicked well with the fans post surgery. So they might have dropped that plan.

Jeremy

The Showoff
Reaction score
Calling all the nerds @Testify @Forrest @Jeremy

With the heavyweight match bumped down the card. Is it as set in stone as it was with Naito picking up the belt from Okada? Since they will likely end the card with Tana winning the IC belt?
Will they take it as an out to keep the belt on Okada since Naito has not caught on as well as hoped?
I think you tagged me by mistake.

Reactions: Testify and THG?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yano Toru's mystery partner at WK is...The great Muta.

Interesting dynamic.

Reactions: THG?