• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

New Japan Pro-Wrestling Thread

Hoss Delgado

UNBREAKABLE
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler cmpunk3
Favorite Wrestler chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler samoajoe
Well it's a joke so need to take it too seriously. I've just only heard Jim Cornette say negative things about NJPW (though. Omega mostly) so I figure he doesn't love the idea of Morton and Gibson working NJPW.

Again though. I'm exaggerating for comedic effect.

Deezy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler brethart2
Favorite Wrestler newjack
Favorite Wrestler ddp
Favorite Wrestler therock
Favorite Wrestler nwo
Favorite Wrestler wolfpac
The better joke would be "hide the teenage girls".....

Hoss Delgado

UNBREAKABLE
Reaction score
That's a bit darker but yeah. :lmao

Hoss Delgado

UNBREAKABLE
Reaction score
From WhatCulture:

Jon Moxley Teases Future Minoru Suzuki Match

Could 'The Death Rider' and 'The King' clash soon?

Jon Moxley has confirmed that he wants to "test his potential" against Minoru Suzuki in a match between the two should the opportunity present itself during this current New Japan Pro Wrestling run.

Speaking to the company's official website, Moxley named the leader of Suzuki-gun as a challenge still outstanding after he was controversially left out of the 2019 G1 Climax. He said; "I want to test my potential by fighting Minoru Suzuki. I want to see what happens.”

Going into more detail on his time with the company so far, he spoke in glowing terms about the grind of the tournament as well as his opponents, making mention specifically of his match-of-the-year candidate with Tomohiro Ishii. He said; "we were the perfect opponents...two of us showed off a very beautiful violence to our fans".

Moxley hasn't wrestled for NJPW since the end of the tournament, but hasn't wrestled at all since August after developing an MRSA infection in his elbow. Outside of his NJPW commitments, Jon Moxley remains a key figure in All Elite Wrestling's upcoming television launch, and will face former IWGP Champion Kenny Omega at the company's Full Gear pay-per-view in November after their original planned All Out scrap was thanks to his injury.
Oh they're gonna HAVE to run this. Maybe even at WrestleKingdom. Of all the people in NJPW that Mox hasn't worked with yet, Suzuki is the most tantalizing option. That's a guaranteed slobber knocker right there.

Deezy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler ddp
Favorite Wrestler nwo
Watching Suzuki selling Ambrose's Shane tier striking :hhh6:

Hoss Delgado

UNBREAKABLE
Reaction score
Thinking the two are actually comparable when Shane is clearly in a league of his own

Deezy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler ddp
Favorite Wrestler nwo
Ambrose punches are very close to Shane.....

Chris

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler vNuD0fV
Favorite Wrestler randysavage
Favorite Wrestler azS2nkI
Favorite Wrestler stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler andre
Favorite Wrestler hulkhogan
Favorite Sports Team houstontexans
Favorite Sports Team dallasstars
Favorite Sports Team houstonrockets
Favorite Sports Team sfa

Hoss Delgado

UNBREAKABLE
Reaction score
Meh. So they'll be doing around 20 or so shows in America next year if they stick to their projections. That's cool and all. It won't be an easy time for them though, I assume. There's just so much competition in America right now, they probably would have had better luck starting this a couple of years ago when they still employed The Elite and they were arguably the second most popular promotion in America anyways. I'm interested to see how it goes for them though. I hope they bring an event around my area and I'll be sure to go see that live.

Deezy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler ddp
Favorite Wrestler nwo
Better hope they sell more tickets than they did in Dallas.

Jimmy King

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler johncena
Favorite Wrestler stonecold
Favorite Wrestler therock3
Favorite Wrestler undertaker
Favorite Wrestler vkm
Favorite Sports Team padres
Favorite Sports Team 5FIj30E
Favorite Sports Team 5wUp1s9
Favorite Sports Team Aed870G

Jericho vs Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom:mark:

HoHo

Wildheart
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team eagles

Shortly after Tetsuya Naito became the first man in New Japan Pro Wrestling‘s history to hold both the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and Intercontinental Championship at the same time, Tokyo Sports revealed that about a month before Wrestle Kingdom, he had surgery for an eye issue that he thought might force him into retirement. In a recent interview for NJPW’s website that was mostly in-character, Naito talked about what sounds like a very real medical problem and how it was impacting his wrestling.

Naito says he “started having issues with my right eye last May.” One of his muscles supporting the eye “was paralyzed. So essentially my right eye wasn’t being supported properly” and “with both eyes open, I couldn’t focus my vision.” He says he was seeing double in the ring until October, when he started seeing triple. Naito acknowledges that this was dangerous, and talks about how it made wrestling way more difficult than usual:

Even walking up the steps to the ring or running the ropes was something I was having to take much more care in doing. Things that I wouldn’t normally think twice about, I was suddenly having to consider really carefully. And up to now, I’ve always taken backstage comments quite seriously, but if I had nothing left over after my matches, I wasn’t going to half-ass a promo. So I was giving fewer comments.

The double champion had an extremely Naito answer for why he initially didn’t tell the company about his problems: “I really hate going to the hospital… I kind of thought at first that if I slept it off, it’d get better by itself, but it didn’t.”

He talked to different physicians and trainers about the issue, and in September 2019, he went to “a university hospital,” where the issue was diagnosed. Naito says he thought he “might be done” because his condition was a lot like the one that caused Milano Collection A.T. to retire about ten years ago. “He had paralysis in the muscles underneath both eyes.” However, Naito was able to take time off halfway through World Tag League in November, get surgery, and return to the ring.

Naito doesn’t sound like he’s still worried about retirement, but he admits that his vision isn’t where it was before last May, saying, “If I look upward, my vision’s a bit blurry, but it’s much better.” Fortunately, that sounds a lot less dangerous than doing a running Destino while seeing double.
When I heard this I fell to my knees. Naito wrestled under those conditions before WK, and still has problems Jesus. Naito gets alot of flack, but dude is one tough sob to wrestle with bad vision problems like that. I wear Glasses, and I went a Year without Glasses when I was a Teenager and I can only imagine being a Wrestler and how difficult it is to even see steps in front of you. I'm happy he got the Surgery and his vision seems to be better than before, thank goodness for that.

Jimmy King

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler johncena
Favorite Wrestler stonecold
Favorite Wrestler therock3
Favorite Wrestler undertaker
Favorite Wrestler vkm
Favorite Sports Team padres
Favorite Sports Team 5FIj30E
Favorite Sports Team 5wUp1s9