New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Nakamura vs Marafuji from King of Pro Wrestling. The amount of swag is off the charts.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Watched Okada vs Tanahashi with @Larsosc yesterday and it was superb. The arm work throughout the match was awesome, and the ending made me jizz my pants.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Really enjoyed the main event from KOPW. Another greatly worked match by both men. A lot of heelish tactics from Tana which makes me wonder if they might be thinking of turning him now that they have both Okada and Naito set up to be aces.

Another question that popped into my head was if the speech speech after the match was an Okada face turn. I don't understand Japanese but the way it was all set up and him shaking hands and being friendly with all the officials made me think he was turning face. Which I have no problem with.

Stopspot

Reaction score

Pretty cool video in English put together by New Japan as a way to sell the product internationally. Recommended for anyone interested in puro but scared by the language barrier. Also Japaenglish is lols.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Really enjoyed the main event from KOPW. Another greatly worked match by both men. A lot of heelish tactics from Tana which makes me wonder if they might be thinking of turning him now that they have both Okada and Naito set up to be aces.

Another question that popped into my head was if the speech speech after the match was an Okada face turn. I don't understand Japanese but the way it was all set up and him shaking hands and being friendly with all the officials made me think he was turning face. Which I have no problem with.

Tanashi often does heel tactics in matches and uses them very subtle, and gets booed for doing that, yet he's the face of the company for years now. You discovered nothing new.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Tanashi often does heel tactics in matches and uses them very subtle, and gets booed for doing that, yet he's the face of the company for years now. You discovered nothing new.
Well yeah, Tana doing heelish stuff in ring isn't anything new as you said. I was just pondering on if they would seize the opportunity to turn him down the road since they have both Okada and Naito to fill the void as big babyface if needed. They seem damn well determined with Naito even though I don't see all the hype.

But on my point on possible Okada turn, what are your thoughts on that?

Stopspot

Reaction score

Baby Taguchi and Nakamura show up in this as trainees. They don't look anything like what they ended up becoming, especially Nakamura.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Well yeah, Tana doing heelish stuff in ring isn't anything new as you said. I was just pondering on if they would seize the opportunity to turn him down the road since they have both Okada and Naito to fill the void as big babyface if needed. They seem damn well determined with Naito even though I don't see all the hype.

But on my point on possible Okada turn, what are your thoughts on that?

Okada babyface? Sign me up, he's very charismatic to pull it off. People love him, there will be no problem if they wanna do it.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Okada babyface? Sign me up, he's very charismatic to pull it off. People love him, there will be no problem if they wanna do it.
The end to KOPW kinda hinted at it. The way he celebrated in ring and shook hands with the officials as he was named the new ace. His promo was also faceish in delivery, he didn't seem too cocky or arrogant. Plus he's feuding with the bullet club now so he's face by default.

Reactions: THG?

Stopspot

Reaction score
GCpJnWb.jpg

Stopspot

Reaction score
Why do the NJPW posters always look awesome? Anyway, Unless NJPW have a big surprise at Power struggle then okada is going to Retain. any ideas on who Tanahasi will face?
I've got no idea, Naito is facing Tanaka so a rematch with him is out of the question. My heart says it wants to see Tana vs Ishii again or Tana vs Shibata.