New "Extra-Innings Rule" Being Tested

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
" The latest and most drastic alteration, as reported by Yahoo Sports, comes in the form of a rule that will be tested this summer in two rookie-level leagues, where every extra inning will begin with a runner on second. This spring’s World Baseball Classic will employ that same rule, but starting in the 11th inning.

There would be some clear benefits to this artificial way of generating offense, chief among them the quicker ending of games that go past regulation, thereby saving pitchers’ arms and reducing the added stress on players already taxed by a grueling season."

Source

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
For me, as someone who pitched a lot when I was still playing ball and had a similar rule in some leagues, I'm willing to see how it works and give it a chance. I mean, people gave the NHL crap for having a three vs three OT, and for the most part, they're fairly exciting. But saving people's arms from as many pitches can be good to prevent some pitchers from having to go on the DL or a team running out of pitchers due to a long af game.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
For me, as someone who pitched a lot when I was still playing ball and had a similar rule in some leagues, I'm willing to see how it works and give it a chance. I mean, people gave the NHL crap for having a three vs three OT, and for the most part, they're fairly exciting. But saving people's arms from as many pitches can be good to prevent some pitchers from having to go on the DL or a team running out of pitchers due to a long af game.

My mother mentioned it the other day to me, she is a huge baseball fan and was mad about it. I told her she has to consider the players and the amount of work they put in plus time. Baseball players play more than any other sport (pre-season, practice, and games in total). I think this is very beneficial for pitchers alone. I don't follow the sport but I know enough about it to know that these guys need rest too. Ironically, one of the reasons I never got into it is because the games are too long. lol

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Whoever thought this was a good idea has the IQ of a can of sauerkraut

They are considering the players, more so the pitchers' arms. I can understand why they would want to do it.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
e amount of work they put in plus time. Baseball players play more than any other sport (pre-season, practice, and games in total). I think this is very beneficial for pitchers alone. I don't follow the sport but I know enough about it to know that these guys need rest too. Ironically, one of the reasons I never got into it is because the games are too long. lol

Yeah, Baseball games, can either be anywhere from an hour and a half if it is a defensive game, or two or three hours if it is an offensive hit-fest....or a Bantam Rec game (Coached a little ball in my time and played one year of Bantam Rec...whenever I wasn't pitching...games took forever because half of them don't know TO GET IN FRONT OF GROUNDERS OR HIT THE STRIKE ZONE AS A PITCHER...)

Reactions: Solid Snake

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I don't like this at all. This is incredibly stupid imo. Add a couple more spots for pitchers if that's what they're worried about.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I don't like this at all. This is incredibly stupid imo. Add a couple more spots for pitchers if that's what they're worried about.

It is being tested and from what many people are saying, it wont be pushed into the major leagues. Likely nothing to worry about. I don't follow baseball as mentioned but I can see how this kind of sets an "unfair advantage" just to speed up the game. Really, with all the money they make, they should be able to afford another rotational pitcher or something on each team.