Neill Blomkamp to direct new Alien film; will ignore Alien 3 & Alien Resurrection

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
http://comicbook.com/2015/02/26/neill-blomkamps-alien-movie-will-be-a-sequel-to-aliens/

20th Century Fox recently gave director Neill Blomkamp the green light to make his Alien movie. Based on the concept art, which included Corporal Dwayne Hicks (Michael Biehn), many of us guessed that it would ditch the third and fourth films in the Alien franchise and now Blomkamp has pretty much confirmed that. “I want this film to feel like it is literally the genetic sibling of Aliens, so it’s Alien, Aliens and then this film,” Blomkamp told Sky Movies.

Blomkamp then explains what it is that attracted him to the Alien franchise. “It’s a Freudian nightmare," Blomkamp said. "That element to me is what is so appealing; to put the audience on the edge of their seat the whole time in a traditional, monster-stalking-you, dark-corridor-way. I love that. And then when you mix in all of the design elements and the life cycle of the alien, it’s a powder keg of creativity for me.”

Blomkamp then explains what it is that attracted him to the Alien franchise. “It’s a Freudian nightmare," Blomkamp said. "That element to me is what is so appealing; to put the audience on the edge of their seat the whole time in a traditional, monster-stalking-you, dark-corridor-way. I love that. And then when you mix in all of the design elements and the life cycle of the alien, it’s a powder keg of creativity for me.”

This is great news. I know Alien 3 has its fans, but I'm not one one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Neill Blomkamp to direct new Alien film; will ignore Alien 3 & Alien Resurrec...

Alien 3 is fine if it's the workprint, the theatrical cut was a mess though. Resurrection is good too but I've always been a fan of the director so I'm pretty biased. Meanwhile, Blomkamp rules so I'm pretty excited for this. Just hope he doesn't cast Sharlto Copley as Hicks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I'm very interested to see where the direction he takes Alien, cutting out any of the history of the third and fourth movie which overall I liked both. Yeah what made the first few Alien movies was the suspense waiting and waiting till the Aliens came out of no where and striked. Hopefully this movie gets back on that formula and does well.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: Neill Blomkamp to direct new Alien film; will ignore Alien 3 & Alien Resurrec...

Meanwhile, Blomkamp rules so I'm pretty excited for this. Just hope he doesn't cast Sharlto Copley as Hicks!

Did you see that interview recently where he admits that Elysium wasn't as good as he hoped it would be? Love honesty like that from directors.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Re: Neill Blomkamp to direct new Alien film; will ignore Alien 3 & Alien Resurrec...

Did you see that interview recently where he admits that Elysium wasn't as good as he hoped it would be? Love honesty like that from directors.
I haven't seen it but I agree that it wasn't all if could have been. Still pretty decent though.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Alien 3 is fine if it's the workprint, the theatrical cut was a mess though. Resurrection is good too but I've always been a fan of the director so I'm pretty biased. Meanwhile, Blomkamp rules so I'm pretty excited for this. Just hope he doesn't cast Sharlto Copley as Hicks!

My problem with Alien 3 is this: I couldn't give a penny about what was going on by the end of the film. For me to appreciate a horror film, you have to at least one or or two characters to root for. This film had NONE. We have a suicidal dumbass of a protagonist landing on a planet full of rapists and murders. (And the way they dealt with the Aliens characters was the icing on the cake.) I couldn't wait for them to become alien lunch.

Moreover, the way the death scenes were shot was like a slasher flick. And the big chase scene at the end bored the hell out of me.

Never saw the Workprint. But I doubt it fixed any of my issues with the film.