Monica Pushes Back ‘New Life’

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Due for delivery this November (and then December), Monica has confirmed that her eagerly awaited ‘New Life’ album has been delayed once again and is set to be completely re-worked.
Full story after the jump…

Writing on Twitter, the R&B maestra said:
I wanna thank u for your love, dedication & support.. RCA & I are restructuring the entire plan for the album & the entire movement.
I refuse to not give the music that those of you who have supported me deserve, creative things take time because they cant be planned
All is STILL IN MOTION…I Love u guys.. NEW LIFE coming soon, pls continue to request Until It’s Gone at radio & video outlets..Be Blessed
In an industry where many an album should never have seen the light of day, there, too, exists projects which are deserving of the right set-up. This being one of them.
Beyond Monica being an industry rarity (see: longevity, undeniable talent, and the like), it was clear that the album was being almost-too-overtly geared towards the annual “Holiday sales†rush. A point drilled home when listening to its material thus far. For, though solid, both lead singles ‘Anything to Find You’ and ‘Until It’s Gone’ struggle to meet the level of stellar established by even the album cuts on ‘Still Standing’.
Fortunately for Ms. Brown, that strong back catalogue, birthed a strong fanbase, many of who will excitedly await her new delivery until it arrives. Us included.

Kairi

Reaction score
Earlier this week, the news that Monica’s ‘New Life‘ release date had been pushed back upset and confused many of her supporters who had been looking forward its arrival in December.
Today, the LP’s newly appointed arrival date was confirmed.

Find out when that will be below…​

February 21st 2012

Sure to place her in direct competition with her former chart nemesis Brandy, it will be interesting to see just how this project will fare especially with all the hoo ha that’s currently surrounding her record label, RCA.

Here’s to hoping Monica’s next single is released just in time to encourage sales of the project.

For, with Leona Lewis and Christina Aguilera expected to release albums around the same time, achieving an impressive run on the Billboard 200 will be anything but a walk in the park.