Money in the Bank match returning at Wrestlemania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
- As of this week, the plan is to bring WWE's Money in the Bank match back to WrestleMania 28 in Miami. The match was not featured at this year's WrestleMania event.

-NoDQ.com

You know what? That wouldn't be such a bad idea. I order one WWE each year (WM), and the MitB matches have always been a highlight of each event for me. So I wouldn't mind MitB returning at WM.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I would be very happy. It gives a lot of superstars a chance to get into wrestlemania

Postman Dave

Reaction score
for future reference:

http://pulse-forums.net/showthread....es-for-posting-news-amp-spoilers-in-wrestling

as for the story itself, I'm not buying it due to a) the source, and b) there is currently another MitB PPV scheduled for next year.

as for the story, I'd love to see it return to it's roots as a once a year attraction at WM. Part of it's attraction was helping to elevate a mid carder who was on the verge of breaking out, and I feel it's lost that with it's own show.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Hence the possibly. ;)

I'll be careful next time.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
no worries man, the topic itself is still a good one to discuss anyway ;D

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Indeed. :nodsmile:

You're right about the MitB PPV, and having three MitB winners each year would be saturing it, rushing champion reigns and such (see Jack Swagger's rushed title reign).

Unless they make only one MitB at the PPV, and the other at WM.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
They could do away with the MITB pay per view all together and make it a one time special deal at wrestlemania

Castiel

Reaction score
MITB was much better off at Mania instead of it's own PPV. It gave Mania a boost of excitement, without it this year it felt just a little empty to me.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
MITB was much better off at Mania instead of it's own PPV. It gave Mania a boost of excitement, without it this year it felt just a little empty to me.

Not only that having only one MITB holder is better, at least in my point of view.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Not only that having only one MITB holder is better, at least in my point of view.

Agreed. It's a better prize since it's a shot at either champ, increasing the unpredictability factor.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I'm all for just having the MITB match at Mania instead of having its own PPV. Plus having two MITB holders really takes away from the value of the MITB match to me. Plus I like the idea (as someone previously mentioned) of th MITB being a shot at either champion.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
When I first found out there'd be two MiTB contracts at the PPV and they could only challenge for their own champion I felt cheated. I liked it when it was like winning the Royal Rumble. You could use your opportunity to face whichever champion you wanted. Made it more exciting. Also having two multi-man ladder matches on one show is overkill.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
Having just one MITB holder didn't just make it more interesting by making us argue which title will the holder will go for... it also helped establish new Main Eventers, gave some of the mid card guys some more exposure, gave us things that most of the times we won't see... and overall didn't rush the cashing in of the holder. Sure they could cash in at any moment, but it didn't felt rush, well at least I didn't felt any of the cashing in before Swagger was rushed.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
However, if they had never gone ahead with a MiTB PPV we wouldn't have had this years incarnation, which was certainly enough to make the IWC cream their jeans. Personally I'd be happy if they did away with several PPV's but that's not going to happen. At the very least, I agree that MiTB should be a once a year match at WM and it would easily be more important that way.

I think they should chop MiTB and bring back The Wrestling Classic. A one night tournament where the winner wins a trophy and some money. Of course that will translate into a title shot down the road, but I don't want it being confused with King of the Ring. For that matter, they should just bring King of the Ring back, but make sure the qualifiers are on Raw and SD leading into the PPV, which would hold the semis and the finals.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
However, if they had never gone ahead with a MiTB PPV we wouldn't have had this years incarnation, which was certainly enough to make the IWC cream their jeans. Personally I'd be happy if they did away with several PPV's but that's not going to happen. At the very least, I agree that MiTB should be a once a year match at WM and it would easily be more important that way.

I think they should chop MiTB and bring back The Wrestling Classic. A one night tournament where the winner wins a trophy and some money. Of course that will translate into a title shot down the road, but I don't want it being confused with King of the Ring. For that matter, they should just bring King of the Ring back, but make sure the qualifiers are on Raw and SD leading into the PPV, which would hold the semis and the finals.
With them having just dropped the KOTR DVD I'd love to see it return. It always was one of my favorite concepts. Having qualifiers on RAW and SD! then the Semi-finals/finals on the PPV. Awesome. Austin 3:16 was born at KOTR. Time for it to return and make new stars.