MLB Postseason

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well, I figured I might aswell make this a thread. This is the sole reason I haven't been watching wwe for the past 2 weeks...Both of my teams are in the playoffs. And starting tonight they play each other in game 1. The winner of this seties advances to the world series.

Although I am from ontario and I do hold the blue jays close, I've been a life long cleveland INDIANS fan. (That's right all you insensitive people...I said indians)
So it's cleveland before everyone.
That being said, I most definitely won't be mad if the blue jays win and advance. So regardless of the outcome I'm pumped for the world series because no matter what I'll have a favourite team there.

But assuming Chicago Cubs win their series in the NL, it'll be a tough challenge for the AL winner.

Anyone else following the post season?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
There's only one way I can answer that question:

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
There's only one way I can answer that question:

In all seriousness though, good luck with this series and I hope you guys do make the world series. You had a hell of a season by the looks of things so it's definitely deserved.

Lol its funny because my tribe and jays were not expected to win their alds but yet they both swept. Rangers and red sox.... who'da thunk...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Wow that was rude to dislike my comment because I'm a Cubs fan. :p Nah, I'm just being silly. I have been touting a Cubs vs Cleveland series as being the best thing for baseball despite who wins. I definitely would never disparage you for your devotion to your team... a team I'm rooting for to win the AL Pennant.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
In all seriousness though, good luck with this series and I hope you guys do make the world series. You had a hell of a season by the looks of things so it's definitely deserved.

Lol its funny because my tribe and jays were not expected to win their alds but yet they both swept. Rangers and red sox.... who'da thunk...

I think this World Series can be the most meaningful ever. We have two teams known for collapsing and bad luck and both could make it to the series.

Over a decade ago, I would have said that a Cubs vs Red Sox series would have been best for baseball. Right now, though, a Cubs vs Indians series would be the best. I hope this happens because it will be one of the most meaningful series ever.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Oh yeah it would be awesome that's for sure. 9 years ago tribe did choke against the sox in the alcs, up 3-1... then lost lol.

Nah I am hoping that the cubs make it too, they deserve it

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
But the jays are tye definite underdog in this series. Almost choked themselves right out of the wildcard race in sept. Then they won in an emotional fashion, then went on to sweep the Rangers (although they honestly should have lost game 3. Tied it on a passed ball, won it on an error). I'm maybe more pumped for the alcs than the world series... Omg such a great time to be a fan of these 2 teams lol

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
In the Giants and Cubs game the other day, I almost had a heart attack... I thought, "Damn it, You fucking goat! "

But yeah, I think you'll be nervous during the ALCS and I'll be drinking a mixture of vodka and pepto bismol during the NLCS.

Reactions: Gman003

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have to work tonight (fucking afternoon shift!!!) But luckily they'll have it broadcast on the radio for us. I'll definitely need to pick up some beer for tomorrow's game though.
Nervous, not so much. Like I said I like both teams here, so I just hope it's a close series. Of course I would be happier with a cleveland win but if it's toronto that's fine too, I've followed them closer than indians this year since we don't have cleveland games on our tv anymore (for like the past decade or more lol) so I'll be fine with them winning. The nerves will come in the WS.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I haven't been following the NL side too closely either, but I'll try to for the CS

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have to work tonight (fucking afternoon shift!!!) But luckily they'll have it broadcast on the radio for us. I'll definitely need to pick up some beer for tomorrow's game though.
Nervous, not so much. Like I said I like both teams here, so I just hope it's a close series. Of course I would be happier with a cleveland win but if it's toronto that's fine too, I've followed them closer than indians this year since we don't have cleveland games on our tv anymore (for like the past decade or more lol) so I'll be fine with them winning. The nerves will come in the WS.

I'll pick up a box of white wine myself. I'm not a beer guy, but I think these playoffs will be as nerve wracking as possible

Reactions: Gman003

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Jays vs Indians tonight and as expected, I am pulling for the Jays to win the whole thing. They have a good chance, but they have to play smart (or just hit enough home runs)

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Jays vs Indians tonight and as expected, I am pulling for the Jays to win the whole thing. They have a good chance, but they have to play smart (or just hit enough home runs)
rick-rude.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Rosie

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
So it's been over for a few hours now, but God damn what a game. I could only listen on the radio at work but it was still pretty close by the sounds of it. What a pitching duel. If that's how this series looks, it's going to be really close. That's the second shut out game for cleveland this post season too.

Game 2 tomorrow at 4pm!

Go Tribe!
:yes:

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
God damn!

This alcs is so evenly matched it's ridiculous!

So far without cleveland's top pitchers we're fairing rather well.

Miller is a god. He's gotta be at 10 strikeouts against 12 batters this series. And he had 9 against Boston. He might be the key to success for us.