Mercedes Mone ComicCon interview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mtk1otg2njiwmjm3nzuxmziy.jpg

Mercedes Mone is not talking about her departure from WWE.

The IWGP Women's Champion took part in a Q&A session hosted by AEW's Leva Bates at Planet Comicon in Kansas City this weekend. During the discussion, she was asked about potentially returning to the company she left in May 2022.

Mone responded:

First of all, nobody knows the story. You don't know the story, you're reading whatever you want to read and believing whatever you want to believe. Nobody knows the story because I haven't said anything and I'm not going to say anything because that's just the classy boss that I am, the CEO.
Mone continued to speak about wrestlers such as Dakota Kai, who returned to WWE after the company underwent management changes last year.

It's up to them. It's up to Dakota and everybody else that wants to come back. That's great for them, that's awesome. That's their dream but I went after mine, which was going to Japan.
You have to follow your heart and follow your soul and follow your dreams and this was always, always, always a dream of mine that I never got to accomplish.
So, as I'm growing in my career, I've like been in the WWE for almost 10 years. I had to have a change, I had to feel something different in my heart and soul so I had to go after a whole new dream and a whole new chapter and a whole new destiny for me. And this is where I want to be and this is what I want to make happen for me.

Mone was also asked about AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door II, which was recently announced for June 25, 2023, in Toronto.

Anybody know the date? I don't know, we gotta see then. June so far, I think we could be open. July might be open but I gotta get that phone call, I gotta get that phone call from unc.
Earlier in the conversation, Mone also teased potentially showing up on WWE Raw or AEW Dynamite this week. Raw on Monday takes place from St. Louis, MO and Dynamite will be held in Independence, MO.

I heard there's a couple of wrestling shows coming up here in Missouri. There's something on Monday and something on Wednesday. So, you never know.
Mone continued to say she's hopeful to wrestle Mickie James at some point in 2023. She described James as one of her "idols" but also that she would like to "retire her a**."

Mone was asked what wrestlers from WWE she would like to get in the ring with if she was to return to the company. She responded:

I really like Zoey Stark in NXT. I think she is super, super talented and just amazing. I think she is ready to blast off and shine and given the opportunity, I would love to see her on SmackDown. Of course, my girl Bayley, I'm not done with her yet. I love her, I think she's amazing. And Natalya, she's one of my favorites and I feel like I've never really got the opportunity to have a long match with her. I would love to have an Iron Woman match with her.

Mone was also asked about being related to Snoop Dogg and gave the following answer:

He is such a lifetime of achievement that I can only dream and keep on manifesting to even reach to a level that he's at but to be part of him and that bloodline...we have the greatest bloodline, I think, in the history of entertainment.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Well... She went back to a top spot in my list of favorites again for one single statement in there. :WOW

All in all... not the most intriguing stuff, lots of "Maybe this, maybe that", but I guess that's the most compelling part about her right now.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler