McKenzie Mitchell talks release from WWE, future plans, more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mckenziewwe.webp

McKenzie Mitchell is excited for new beginnings after her WWE release.

Mitchell, a member of the NXT broadcast team, was released from her WWE contract on December 1. She had been part of the company since 2019, working as an on-air personality and backstage interviewer.

While appearing on Insight with Chris Van Vliet, Mitchell addressed her release. Mitchell said she's excited for the future and what's to come. Mitchell said the support she received from everyone following her release made her emotional.

I'm good. You know, I think once the dust has settled, it's been really -- it's a blessing. I think that there are so many new beginnings, and I'm excited to see what's to come in the future. The outreach and the support that I've gotten from friends, family, coworkers, colleagues, production, staff executives in WWE, the fans most importantly, it's been insane. That's what made me emotional when I got released was being able to hear from everyone how much I impacted their opinion when watching WWE and when watching NXT. That's what made me emotional was hearing from all of the people, like, their favorite moments in my career and the favorite interviews that I've done and the magic that was created on screen, like that made such a big impact on me to see what I made on them.

When asked how she's processing her release, Mitchell said she's been putting her creative efforts into her Headline by MM jewelry line. Mitchell said she still watches WWE and NXT and is supportive of all her friends in the company. She texts her husband Vic Joseph good luck before every NXT broadcast. Joseph is the play-by-play voice of NXT.

I think it's like I said, I think this is a way to say there's a new beginning in everything and just kind of like, 'Okay, what's next?' I know, like I said, I have my jewelry business. And so I've been putting all my efforts into that, into my creativity there. That's almost my full-time. My husband still works within the company, obviously. So that's really interesting that he's still there, I'm not. I don't know if people know but we were the first couple on the announce team. Like genuinely that are announcer and announcer that are married. So we kind of like really figured it out there, but I'm of course still supportive of WWE and NXT and I still watch him and I still text him good luck before every show. Obviously all my friends are still there. So I'm still supportive regardless.

On a media conference call after Mitchell's release, Shawn Michaels said he was blindsided by the news. Michaels said Mitchell was well-liked in NXT and he hopes they can work together again in the future.

Van Vliet asked Mitchell about potentially returning to WWE down the road.

Never say never. I know that people say that and it kind of sounds cliche, but it's true. Like I didn't get to have my goodbye in WWE. I didn't get to choose to leave. And that's where I was saying, I think it's -- some people need to take a break, I didn't get that opportunity to say like, I'm ready to take a break. I was ready to keep on going and go to WrestleMania and do the Royal Rumbles and all of those things. So it was really awesome to hear Shawn say those things. And never say never.

Mitchell named having a WrestleMania moment as something she wanted to accomplish in WWE but never got to do. She didn't get to have a WrestleMania interview, host a main roster pre-show, or make it on the road with Raw or SmackDown.

Before her time in WWE, Mitchell was a broadcaster for TNA/Impact Wrestling. She told Chris Van Vliet that she had never watched pro wrestling before working for Impact.

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler