Mayweather vs Pacquiao set for May 2nd

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
At long last, pound-for-pound greats Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao will finally fight.

Yes, the fight that looms as one of the most anticipated in boxing history is finally on.

For more than five years sports fans have clamored for a summit meeting between the two best fighters in the world and after various failed negotiations -- and a protracted and difficult effort to make the fight in recent months -- they will get it on May 2 to unify their welterweight world titles at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The showdown is a lock to be the richest in boxing history and will, barring a draw, settle the issue that has been debated for years: Who is the No. 1 fighter in boxing and who is the king of their era?

Mayweather made the announcement on Friday afternoon on a social media platform called Shots, of which he is an investor.

Many involved expected the announcement to come on Thursday but Mayweather was upset because Top Rank, Pacquiao's promoter, was leaking word of the impending announcement and he wanted it to be a surprise.

According those familiar with the agreement, the contract Mayweather signed for the fight gave him the right to be the one to announce the fight, even though he was obligated to notify Top Rank of when he would do it. On Friday afternoon, Top Rank was notified and Mayweather made the announcement about an hour later.
ESPN

Oh my lawd, this is gonna be insane. I hope Mayweather finally puts the doubters to bed and shows what an incredible boxer he really is. If he fucks Pac up than he has to go down as one of the greatest.

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I think for both men, if they didn't take this fight, it would of bad for them. No one wanted to see Floyd or Manny face anyone else right now, and numbers would of been down. They slayed everyone else in front of them at one point or another, besides each other.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Apparently this is gonna cost a ton on PPV in the states.

In the UK, Sky, BT, Box Nation (yeah, I don't know who they are either) & ITV are competing for rights.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Apparently this is gonna cost a ton on PPV in the states.

In the UK, Sky, BT, Box Nation (yeah, I don't know who they are either) & ITV are competing for rights.
I'm pretty sure Box Nation is like a PPV channel on Sky Sports, it's one of the later numbers iirc.

Would be insane if ITV got it meaning it would go out for free.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Box Nation is like a PPV channel on Sky Sports, it's one of the later numbers iirc.

Would be insane if ITV got it meaning it would go out for free.

Aye, but we'd have to but up with adverts & god knows what ITV drags up for punditry.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Aye, but we'd have to but up with adverts & god knows what ITV drags up for punditry.
Thank god Chiles is gone, imagine his mundane voice talking about the fight.

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah this fight on PPV has to garner at least 55 bucks to pay for with these two legends right?

Drew

Reaction score
Damn 10 years late.

Wish this had happened before Pac had that slump and lost a couple of fights quick around 2010 or so.

But make no mistake. Pac is back to where he was.

Mayweather been ducking him for years and he'll have to put up a hell of a fight to win.

Pac can only win by Knockout. I see no way Floyd will lose by decision unless it's totally obvious...and I don't see that happening.

I think it happens though. Floyd gets knocked out for the first time in his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I think Floyd is more likely to lose in a split decision if Pacman with his younger age keeps his pace right and bombs away late in the later rounds. Still going to be incredible to see as a huge Boxing fan myself.

Drew

Reaction score
I just don't see anyone judging a Floyd loss unless it's complete domination.

Floyd isn't losing his undefeated record on a Split decisions.

At least I don't think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
It would be a long shot yes but you never know in Boxing. Ask Manny when dealing that first Bradley fight, he clearly won that fight and The Judges had it wrong overall in Bradley's favor. Who knows maybe just one night Floyd gets caught with a great shot that ends it? Also I heard theirs a rematch clause in the contract? This means more money..more money for the rematch geez.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I'm backing Floyd all the way here, the man is a don. It will be an exceptional fight but I think and I hope Floyd retires with that undefeated streak in tact.