Mayweather Chooses 'Final' Opponent For September

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
http://www.ibtimes.com/floyd-maywea...next-opponent-fight-scheduled-sept-12-2016816
Floyd Mayweather will return to the ring on Sept.12 in Las Vegas to fight Andre Berto. The welterweight bout, which has been speculated about for weeks, has been made official, according to TMZ.

The fight will be Mayweather’s 49th of his career, and it could end up being his last. The bout will mark an end to his six-fight deal with Showtime, and the undefeated boxer has stated multiple times that he intends to retire at the conclusion of his contract.

There has been speculation that the fight will be televised on CBS, as opposed to pay-per-view. It would arguably be the most prominent boxing event on network television in decades.

Mayweather last fought on May 2, defeating Manny Pacquiao in a unanimous decision. The fight was the most profitable pay-per-view of all time, generating an estimated 4.4 million buys and earning Mayweather at least $220 million. The 38-year-old is currently the WBA, WBC, lineal, and The Ring title holder. He was stripped of his WBO welterweight belt. He is considered boxing's best pound-for-pound fighter.

Berto isn’t expected to give Mayweather much of a challenge. The 31-year-old has won his last two bouts, but he’s lost three of his last six fights.

...Andre Berto? Really?

Well, at least it's gonna be free. Not that I would have paid to watch it anyway.

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Berto? Never heard of him

Of course, Mayweather would choose the easier opponent and wouldn't choose someone like Amir Khan as he would lose.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
And now in the ultimate display of irony, watch Berto end up probably upsetting Mayweather and handing him his first defeat lol. I know there's such a little chance of that happening, but people said the same thing about Buster Douglas back in the day when he faced off with the undefeated Mike Tyson (whom everyone thought was invincible) and look what happened there.

Either way, I don't expect this to be Floyd's final fight. I think he'll fight at least once more next year, especially if he wins against Berto in September since he'll have the opportunity to surpass Rocky Marciano's 49-0 undefeated record.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Floyd fighting on CBS? lol, I'll believe that when I see it.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
For anyone that cares:

23:35 The Mayweather vs Berto part begins.

31:41 Floyd's own son calling Berto a bum lol.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Easy victory for Mayweather..

The greatest boxer of all time will retire undefeated.