Man vs Wild Cancelled

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Hollywood Reporter said:
Discovery Channel has terminated its relationship with Bear Grylls, the British television personality and star of the network’s Man vs. Wild. The severing of the relationship, which began back in 2006 when Man vs. Wild launched on Discovery, comes after the network has allegedly been unable to get Grylls to participate in two unannounced projects he was contracted for, say sources. The sixth season of Man vs. Wild wrapped in August.
“Due to a continuing contractual dispute with Bear Grylls, Discovery has terminated all current productions with him,â€￾ a network spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter.

A representative for Grylls confirmed that the Man Vs. Wild star has parted ways with Discovery.

"Bear's goal has always been to make life-empowering shows for his many fans around the globe, and he has taken great risks to bring Discovery such award-winning programming over seven seasons," said Heather Krug in a statement to THR. "Unfortunately, Bear and Discovery have not been able to come to mutual agreement on new programming, and he disagrees with Discovery's decision to terminate current productions. Bear has loved the Man vs. Wild journey and looks forward to producing further cutting-edge content again soon for his loyal audience."

I really liked the early seasons of Man vs. Wild, not as good as Survivorman but still good, but some of the recent ones haven't been as good where they show them setting up scenarios on camera for him to deal with, like a flash flood. I know that the whole show is set up but it worked better in the early seasons where we simply had the cameras following him and then he would show you how to deal with whatever he came across. In the end six seasons is still a good run and I am sure that back in England he will be able to find another tv show to work on.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Used to watch this all the time when I had Discovery, class TV.

Some channel has to give him a new series FFS, who wouldnt wanna see a man eating skunks and drinking piss out of a snakes skin?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Just a week before I get CABLE... My favorite show gets taken off :(

Shattered, really loved the show.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
It was a pretty interesting show when I watched it a few times, but I wasn't that big of a fan of it so it's no big loss for me.

Deuce

Reaction score
I enjoyed that show, every episode was good.

I will miss this show for sure.