TNA Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Rebellion was their first PPV and they want to keep it in April.

I'm fine with Lockdown in March. I always wanted Impact to go back to a somewhat more full supercard schedule.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
That old school TNA show they have advertised Mania weekend looks so awesome, the branding that is. I hope we see some old school TNA guys there.

• Love
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

They're claiming Swann and Sami from No Surrender is a classic! :mark:

I think Impact could use an Impact Plus thread.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

We previously reported that Brian Cage was likely to sign with AEW after he finished up his run with Impact Wrestling at their Hard to Kill PPV. Cage’s wife Melissa Santos denied those reports, and now Cage himself has commented on it on Instagram, saying he hasn’t signed with anyone. He did, however, confirm that he’s done with Impact and has a torn bicep he needs surgery for.

He said: “Hey, what’s up guys, Brian Cage here. I know there’s been a lot of speculation on what’s going on with me, where I’m going. Rumors that I’ve signed here, that I’ve signed there. All kinds of stuff. I haven’t really answered much and I’ve been kind of keeping to myself about it. Yeah, My contract did come to an end with IMPACT Wrestling. They did made me an offer to stay, as did multiple other companies. While I was mulling all that over, unfortunately, I tore my bicep. I’m trying to stay positive about it, it was looking like I was going to need surgery. I thought maybe I could get past it, that it was required but not necessary. I didn’t want to say anything until I knew what was going on.

I am set to get surgery this Monday. I’m not technically with any group right now at all. I had, like I said, a bunch of amazing offers from all over the place and I’m hoping they’re still there when I heal up. As far as that goes, healing up, I’m not sure about the time frame. Some people say it takes up to six months to recover, but I’m a machine. So I’m destined to do it faster than that and I know a lot of top-tier athletes have done it pretty quick. That’s almost my goal now too, trying to be optimistic or look at it positive. I want to beat anybody’s record in returning to the ring from a bicep tear or bicep surgery.

You know, I’ve had a hell of a year, man. I won the world title, hurt my back. I got married, but then I was in the ER, I was out for a while. In a pretty good position to have some pretty good pull and power in negotiations with multiple companies to try and get a contract that I’m really stoked on and this happens. But you know, I’m a God-fearing individual, I’m a pretty spiritual person and things happen for a reason. What is the reason right now, I do not know, but hopefully when it comes up I’ll be like, “oh, okay. Maybe it was worth it then.” Maybe it will be worth it. I’m feeling pretty good right now, optimistically and mentally and everything.

The last couple of years I’ve had several injuries. I’ve been able to work through almost all of them until that back and hip one last year. I’ve never, that’s been one thing in all the times I’ve been hurt or injured through my career, I’ve never had surgery. I just said that recently too and probably jinxed myself because now we’re here. So I apologize to everyone, to shows upcoming that I won’t be able to be part of. Bar Wrestling vs. GCW was the first one to take the hit.

I asked for the War of Attrition match for Warrior Wrestling, I was so excited for that, it is one of my favorite places. And now I’m going to look for a replacement because there will be a new champion crowned because Brian Cage will not be able to defend his title. I still will be there though at the meet and greet and to be part of the show in a different way. And other shows and promoters I’ve contacted and let them know what’s going on with me. As time draws near, depending on how I’m feeling or what I’m capable or not capable of doing, I will follow suit and so on and so on. Hopefully this is the last you see of me for some time and hopefully this will lead to something bigger and better and it’ll all make sense at the end of it all.”

Bummer for Impact and Cage. He's been on the losing end when it comes to injuries, and I just think what could of been him as Impact World Champion. Impact did make him a deal, we'll see if the offer stands or it's up when he comes back healthy.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

RVD should really toss some bread that blonde's way so she can get that Chanel tattoo fixed.

Reactions: Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

If I'm not mistaken, Sabin is current working for Impact backstage and he was confirmed for their Mania weekend show.:hmm:

I'm highly interested.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Impact has done these Diaries before and how can I not jump on board and see this one.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Leaving this here cause the 12th anniversary just passed and we all need to appreciate the greatness that is Scott Steiner

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Deonna Purrazzo is now in Impact. Didn't get to see much of her in Impact the first time or around or during her NXT run. I don't think she'll light the world on fire or anything but Impact could always use more Knockouts and you never know who'll be your next star I guess.

Reactions: King Kota and Chris

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Do we think it's time to revive the Knockouts Tag Team Championship? Because that women's roster is looking like A Lot

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I watched impact the other day and was utterly confused and thought the product overall was pretty sad which is a shame given the talent

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Do we think it's time to revive the Knockouts Tag Team Championship? Because that women's roster is looking like A Lot
They could but honestly I think they've made the right choice dwindling it back down to just the World, X, KOs and Tag Team titles. I do generally prefer less titles in a promotion, and that especially goes for one that is as small as Impact is now.

And hey, I wouldn't rule out a couple of Knockouts winning the men's Tag Team titles anyways.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

I can’t believe it’s been 4 years. Matt struggling to roll under the bottom rope and the table not breaking properly are still hilarious.

Reactions: Chris and Hoss

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
So, a promo from Slammiversary just dropped, and it's showing past stars:

Eric Young
EC3
Miracle Mike Bennett & Maria Kanellis
D.O.C. (Luke Gallows)

edit: oh yeah and Spud

edit of the edit: AND A FUCKING BULGARIAN FLAG :mark:

edit of the edit of the edit: apparently Brian Myers is in there too, he was briefly with them as part of the 2015 GFW Invasion. Also Karl Anderson but he was never in Impact? Maybe he's a package deal with Gallows

Last edited:

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G

You mean this one @Sky ? Cause I think it is fucking genius promo package. Looks like I will be returning to watching Impact since Rusev, The Club and EC3 is back there.