TNA Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'd do a full re-brand. By that I mean dump Impact Wrestling all together and rename the show, too.
I agree with that, but damn they would catch a lot of shit for yet another renaming. Nonetheless I feel like they have nothing to lose by going full reboot... new name, new show, new stars... They're prolly best off just accepting that they are now pretty much an indy promotion and their name no longer carries any weight.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I agree with that, but damn they would catch a lot of shit for yet another renaming. Nonetheless I feel like they have nothing to lose by going full reboot... new name, new show, new stars... They're prolly best off just accepting that they are now pretty much an indy promotion and their name no longer carries any weight.
They claimed they ditched TNA to shed the negative image it had attracted, but they did some of their most egregious damages under the Impact Wrestling name, anyway. Time for a fresh start. They can brand themselves as a nice Canadian regional wrestling promotion that has a TV show in the States and Europe.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
They claimed they ditched TNA to shed the negative image it had attracted, but they did some of their most egregious damages under the Impact Wrestling name, anyway. Time for a fresh start. They can brand themselves as a nice Canadian regional wrestling promotion that has a TV show in the States and Europe.
For me, when I hear TNA I think AJ, Kurt, Joe, Low-Ki, Monty Brown, Abyss, etc.

When I hear Impact Wrestling I think Hogan, Bischoff, Hardy, Aces and Eights, Lashley, etc.

So yeah I have to agree, Impact Wrestling is the name with more negative connoation for me.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
For me, when I hear TNA I think AJ, Kurt, Joe, Low-Ki, Monty Brown, Abyss, etc.

When I hear Impact Wrestling I think Hogan, Bischoff, Hardy, Aces and Eights, Lashley, etc.

So yeah I have to agree, Impact Wrestling is the name with more negative connoation for me.
Agreed. I tend to tell people TNA lost me when they changed from TNA to Impact Wrestling.

It was OK for a few years, but when they canceled most of the TNA PPV and it was mainly just Impact specials I lost interest.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
BYTzHec.gif

zmt650Il.jpg

After the fallout from Bound for Glory on Sunday and with some happy with the event, and some people on the other side I wonder how these tapings are going to go the next four or five weeks. I tell you one thing oVe vs LAX in a Barbed Wire Massacre isn't going to be for the people who don't like blood, because I can plenty of it with these two teams. With what Patron did and cost Impact his chance at the Impact World Title, we know the feud is going to be great, but I look forward to even more what will Drake do now considering he has no dance partner. That King Cuerno vs Eddie Edwards Match hopefully knocks it outta the park these tapings need to start off with a bang tonight!​

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Barbed Wire Massacre? Are we trying to kill these kids? Ouch.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They gimmick the barb wire by dulling the sharp part and they hit the areas that are not where the spikes are....fairly easy. Sabu's scars don't come from his FMW barb wire matches....those were from him blading

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Yeah after their 5150 Match they had at BFG I thought they were keep away from the hardcore, but they are taking it to the next level woof.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
- There was a "funny back & forth" incident at catering before Sunday's Bound For Glory pay-per-view in Ottawa with Bobby Lashley and an un-named X Division competitor, according to PWInsider. The X Division talent reportedly complained about the food, which led to Lashley sharply reminding the wrestler that he shouldn't even be commenting on the quality of the food because of how short his career has been, then telling him to go buy his own food if he wasn't happy with that was provided. Lashley's blunt response was well-received among some of the veteran talents.

Wonder who that X Div guy was.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They actually have catering :WOW

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Lashley being the Taker of TNA backstage :Orton3:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Somehow I have a new respect for Lashley.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Let's get balls deep with my thoughts on the show tonight shall we MUHAHAHAHAHA!

I liked the opening segment with Drake and Petey Williams. Nice to see fresh face getting a chance after Petey had enough of Drake disrespecting his home Canada. I like how they are going to play up Petey for the underdog role a role he can play pretty easily and it gives a solid feud with Williams and Drake as Impact and Patron are playing around with each other. I look forward to the Match next week between the two, let's see what Drake can do with a smaller guy.

Dutt/Sydal. This Match was good to me, and their was alot of smart work from Sydal and Dutt during the whole Match. I didn't know who would win, don't understand why were getting Dutt and Sydal, when we should be building new stars like Xavier. I find it interesting EC3 is a heel again after the AAA/Impact feud is all done now. EC3 is so good at playing a heel, he was saying you keep getting to the dance, but you can never get become the Prom King when it matters.

Edwards/El Hijo del Fantasma was easily the Match of the night for me. Both guys came off like strong Wrestlers during this Match and I wouldn't mind a weekly or monthly thing of Edwards defending the GHC World Title with the guys in Impact or other promotions coming into Impact for one night to dance with Eddie. Is it me or does it seem so weird to see those to guys shaking hands when days ago they were trying to beat the crap outta each other. I guess respect owns everything in the Wrestling business and Eddie earned Fantasma's respect tonight.

That LAX/oVe segment was pretty great giving us a taste of what's to come with the teams. Good to see Homicide getting into the fray, and I guess that Match they'll have next week that I posted with the graphics as from tonight's tapings for next week I guess.

That Patron/Impact brawl at the end was awesome. For some people it went too long, but these guys were really hammering each other in the back to the ringside area into the ring at the end. Yeah you're going to need to give me those two in a Street Fight you can see what they do in only ten mins or so, give them 20 mins of action they'll get it done no doubt. It was pretty fucking amazing to see Patron about to speak for an interview and Impact come outta no where like Superman and jump into his arms wanting to fight. Their was a funny moment when Sutter got his ass kicked for getting near or involved with their brawl and then Sutter starts fighting with Dux for no reason lol. I'm not sure you want to do a brawl to end off a Impact show on a consistent basis, but to me they got what they needed from it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Lashley needs to get these mans in line.

It appears Impact has finally learned as last night's Impact is already on GWN. I'll give it a watch.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I feel lied to. @Kairi HoHo said King Cuerno would be here, but it's just Fantasma. :no: