• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Make Impact Great: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread

All Elite Blaze

Elite #allday
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler dolphziggler3
Favorite Wrestler danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler chrisjericho2
Favorite Sports Team lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team eGKkuaG
I use Mixer. So that sucks for me lol.

All Elite Blaze

Elite #allday
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler dolphziggler3
Favorite Wrestler danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team eGKkuaG
I'll add Mixer! :cudi
You the MVP!

I'm probably going to be doing a play through of Life is Strange 2 soon. Sometime this week honestly.

Brandalorian

Shiniest Wizard!
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler emma
Favorite Wrestler YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler zackryder2
Favorite Sports Team WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team RHZ7KJg
You the MVP!

I'm probably going to be doing a play through of Life is Strange 2 soon. Sometime this week honestly.
I'll get Mixer support ASAP for you.

Brandalorian

Shiniest Wizard!
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler emma
@Hoss Delgado I think I came back to Impact just when I was meant to.

I checking out the plus specials section and it looks like they just started getting more serious with it.

Since Slammiversay in the Summer they've done:

That's basically every PPV they used to run. I'm fine with 4 traditional PPV and then a monthly old PPV as a special.

Because those mains don't look terrible at all. I think I might pick a spot from last year and catch up.

That last Bash was even only a couple days before Hard To Kill. That's a lot of good content for $8.

Last edited:

Sterling Golden

UNBREAKABLE
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler cmpunk3
Favorite Wrestler samoajoe
@Hoss Delgado I think I came back to Impact just when I was meant to.

I checking out the plus specials section and it looks like they just started getting more serious with it.

Since Slammiversay in the Summer they've done:

That's basically every PPV they used to run. I'm fine with 4 traditional PPV and then a monthly old PPV as a special.

Because those mains don't look terrible at all. I think I might pick a spot from last year and catch up.

That last Bash was even only a couple days before Hard To Kill. That's a lot of good content for $8.
Bash at the Brewery 2 is where Swann got his ankle blown to bits. :lol

Yeah I've had Plus for a few months now and it's rad. Honestly I'm not the biggest fan of their specials. They are fairly meaningless and the production value can be bad. But they do have a gem or two on them, so yeah.

Redemption 2018 is probably as far back as you'd wanna go. There's basically nothing left over from 2017 that's relevant to current Impact. I would definitely make sure to at least watch Slammiversary 2018.

Brandalorian

Shiniest Wizard!
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler emma
Bash at the Brewery 2 is where Swann got his ankle blown to bits. :lol

Yeah I've had Plus for a few months now and it's rad. Honestly I'm not the biggest fan of their specials. They are fairly meaningless and the production value can be bad. But they do have a gem or two on them, so yeah.

Redemption 2018 is probably as far back as you'd wanna go. There's basically nothing left over from 2017 that's relevant to current Impact. I would definitely make sure to at least watch Slammiversary 2018.
IDK the mains from the ones named after old TNA PPV sounds pretty rad.

Poor Swann. :pour

I'm just glad they brought back the names as actual supercards and not Tuesday TV specials.

Is Redemption 2018 when D'Amore and Cyrus took over?

Sterling Golden

UNBREAKABLE
Reaction score
IDK the mains from the ones named after old TNA PPV sounds pretty rad.

Poor Swann. :pour

I'm just glad they brought back the names as actual supercards and not Tuesday TV specials.

Is Redemption 2018 when D'Amore and Cyrus took over?
Yeah it was their first PPV I believe.

Brandalorian

Shiniest Wizard!
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler emma
Yeah it was their first PPV I believe.
Sounds like a good place to start then because I have a feeling anything I like from Impact rn is their direction.

HoHo

Disciple of Smarks
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team eagles
Favorite Sports Team hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team philadelphiaflyers
Favorite Sports Team Um6oxIS
Yeah the Impact Plus Shows have been overall solid, but it's not like you need to see them. If you want to watch the best Matches of those Show go ahead, but the last thing I wanna hear Lockdown in March, a PPV that could rack up more injuries with their talent they have healthy left with the possibility of getting hurt when every Match will be in a Steel Cage. I would of had Lockdown for April, and no inbetween just tapings if it was me.

Brandalorian

Shiniest Wizard!
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler emma
Rebellion was their first PPV and they want to keep it in April.

I'm fine with Lockdown in March. I always wanted Impact to go back to a somewhat more full supercard schedule.

Champagne Charlie

Life is Good
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler adamcole
Favorite Wrestler d6hYDrE
That old school TNA show they have advertised Mania weekend looks so awesome, the branding that is. I hope we see some old school TNA guys there.

Brandalorian

Shiniest Wizard!
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler emma

They're claiming Swann and Sami from No Surrender is a classic! :mark:

I think Impact could use an Impact Plus thread.

HoHo

Disciple of Smarks
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team eagles
Favorite Sports Team hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team philadelphiaflyers
Favorite Sports Team Um6oxIS

We previously reported that Brian Cage was likely to sign with AEW after he finished up his run with Impact Wrestling at their Hard to Kill PPV. Cage’s wife Melissa Santos denied those reports, and now Cage himself has commented on it on Instagram, saying he hasn’t signed with anyone. He did, however, confirm that he’s done with Impact and has a torn bicep he needs surgery for.

He said: “Hey, what’s up guys, Brian Cage here. I know there’s been a lot of speculation on what’s going on with me, where I’m going. Rumors that I’ve signed here, that I’ve signed there. All kinds of stuff. I haven’t really answered much and I’ve been kind of keeping to myself about it. Yeah, My contract did come to an end with IMPACT Wrestling. They did made me an offer to stay, as did multiple other companies. While I was mulling all that over, unfortunately, I tore my bicep. I’m trying to stay positive about it, it was looking like I was going to need surgery. I thought maybe I could get past it, that it was required but not necessary. I didn’t want to say anything until I knew what was going on.

I am set to get surgery this Monday. I’m not technically with any group right now at all. I had, like I said, a bunch of amazing offers from all over the place and I’m hoping they’re still there when I heal up. As far as that goes, healing up, I’m not sure about the time frame. Some people say it takes up to six months to recover, but I’m a machine. So I’m destined to do it faster than that and I know a lot of top-tier athletes have done it pretty quick. That’s almost my goal now too, trying to be optimistic or look at it positive. I want to beat anybody’s record in returning to the ring from a bicep tear or bicep surgery.

You know, I’ve had a hell of a year, man. I won the world title, hurt my back. I got married, but then I was in the ER, I was out for a while. In a pretty good position to have some pretty good pull and power in negotiations with multiple companies to try and get a contract that I’m really stoked on and this happens. But you know, I’m a God-fearing individual, I’m a pretty spiritual person and things happen for a reason. What is the reason right now, I do not know, but hopefully when it comes up I’ll be like, “oh, okay. Maybe it was worth it then.” Maybe it will be worth it. I’m feeling pretty good right now, optimistically and mentally and everything.

The last couple of years I’ve had several injuries. I’ve been able to work through almost all of them until that back and hip one last year. I’ve never, that’s been one thing in all the times I’ve been hurt or injured through my career, I’ve never had surgery. I just said that recently too and probably jinxed myself because now we’re here. So I apologize to everyone, to shows upcoming that I won’t be able to be part of. Bar Wrestling vs. GCW was the first one to take the hit.

I asked for the War of Attrition match for Warrior Wrestling, I was so excited for that, it is one of my favorite places. And now I’m going to look for a replacement because there will be a new champion crowned because Brian Cage will not be able to defend his title. I still will be there though at the meet and greet and to be part of the show in a different way. And other shows and promoters I’ve contacted and let them know what’s going on with me. As time draws near, depending on how I’m feeling or what I’m capable or not capable of doing, I will follow suit and so on and so on. Hopefully this is the last you see of me for some time and hopefully this will lead to something bigger and better and it’ll all make sense at the end of it all.”
Bummer for Impact and Cage. He's been on the losing end when it comes to injuries, and I just think what could of been him as Impact World Champion. Impact did make him a deal, we'll see if the offer stands or it's up when he comes back healthy.

Sterling Golden

UNBREAKABLE
Reaction score

RVD should really toss some bread that blonde's way so she can get that Chanel tattoo fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juice

Latest profile posts

Brandalorian wrote on Sterling Golden's profile.
1999 Sting avatar ftw.
Bubsy wrote on Davey Wrestling's profile.
What's your Mom's number again? It's not in my contact list anymore. Thanks.
Austins Disturbed theme > NWO Wolfpac...
Brandalorian wrote on Davey Wrestling's profile.
Welcome to WS. I like your avatar, btw. Nice addition of the WS logo on the graphic.