Lionel Richie's Country Album

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Lionel Richie is releasing a country album in March. The singer will debut the songs at the 45th Annual CMA Awards.

Hello? Is it a cowboy you're looking for? Lionel Richie is moving from R&B to an entirely new realm for the record-breaking recording artist: country music.
The "All Night Long" singer -- who happens to be the dad of Nicole Richie -- is releasing a country album called Tuskegee in march, and he will give fans a sneak listen of the tunes at the upcoming 45th Annual CMA Awards on Nov. 9.
"I was born and raised in Tuskegee, Alabama. I am a country boy and proud of it. To do this project just felt natural," said Richie.
"What began as a collaboration of talented people ended up being a great group of friends getting together to make great music."
The album of duets will be debuted at the CMA Awards with help from Little Big Town, Rascal Flatts and Darius Rucker, who himself transitioned into country music from rock as the former frontman of Hootie and the Blowfish.
Other country stars appearing on the album include Tim McGraw, Blake Shelton, Jimmy Buffet, Willie Nelson, Kenny Rogers, Shania Twain and Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles.
This isn't the first time Richie has paired up with Kenny Rogers or performed on the CMAs: He sang "Lady" with Rogers on the awards show in 1984 and joined Alabama to sing "Deep River" in 1986.
Lionel Richie began his career with the Motown sensation The Commodores, then moved into huge solo success in the 1980s with his hit albums Lionel Richie, Can't Slow Down and Dancing on the Ceiling.

Lionel Richie in the studio with Rascal Flatts

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I admit it I am a Lionel Richie fan, his concert at the AFL Grand Final replay in 2010 was brilliant, but I am not keen on this idea. I don't know why some artists always want to change from what made them successful and what their fans like. I suppose I should wait until I hear something from it but I don't have high hopes.